• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The notes were totally legit and I'll be using that method again as town.

I agree. I did the same thing with FE:A. I used Evernote and a quicktopic because it helps me track my reactions easier than just trying to quote everything. Obviously I wouldn't post them. ;o

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I'm REALLY glad this is over before I had to fake a reread. My lynch was already sealed and the slim chance I had at living was seeming apathetic to my lynch + the reread, but getting Zen + RR + Xat killed in my position while avoiding the rb . . . yeah, wasn't gonna happen. Honestly Kuzi was even saying that he might just self hammer since we were pretty boned already. However when I saw MB pushing for Xat over me I immediately realized that he was the traitor and that he didn't completely give up (although I'm sure he already like, 95% gave up), so I was still going to go through with the read anyways.

Not killing Scary was a silly oversight of mine. I didn't realize that it would clear more than just Scary.

I killed Rake because I figured he was the most likely to draw a connection between me and Kantrip. Rake typically looks for people who have town reads on flipped scum for connections, so I thought he would be the most likely to push me based off a read alone. Him being the vig was coincidental.

I apologize to Kantrip and MB for playing typical Sworddancer scum, which is a big reason why scum got totally stomped this game. I'm sure as soon as WL saw that Sworddancer was scum in his traitor PM he probably already knew that he was in trouble. ^_^

If I had only forced myself to post more, I could have probably swang a non Kantrip lynch Day 1, and then bus Kantrip into an oblivion Day 2 (Kantrip living into Day 2 so I could bus him then was my plan). I did have Zen's trust, afterall. Alas though, the reality of it is that I avoided this game like the plague, and town made a great Day 1 lynch. With barely any town points and a scum down my fate was basically sealed.

Getting scum with Kuzi i incredibly disappointing. I wanted to hydra with Kuzi to chill and bounce reads around. But then we got scum. I've hydra'd with Kuzi twice now, and both times scum. =(

Anyways, gg town on the well deserved win.

MVP: No One

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I apologize for essentially doing nothing Day 2, but when I got in it's like, "Oh, we're essentially mathematically ****ed." At that point I just didn't even want to try. Even if we HAD self-destructed it wouldn't have accomplished much. I wasn't able to find a way to go about it that would convince Town to lynch us (buying Sworddancer time) without it becoming blatantly obvious that we were traitor.

Since our lynch benefited scum, Town could easily ignore us and just play "Find the goon." Hilariously, Swordy could have claimed Traitor to buy time, but us being masoned with Joey means we couldn't be goon.

I'm pretty happy with how we played Day 1, as we toed the line well enough to have everybody feeling on-edge about us, but not enough to get lynched/vig'd. Drawing the masonry tells me we were exactly where we needed to be on the Town/Scum slider.

I'm personally a bit disappointed in myself because we had a window of like 2 hours where we COULD have gotten Xatres lynched, but then Zen and Ruy moved their votes to Kantrip and it was like:

I decided to defer to Laundry's choice to bus Kantrip and try to win the game by setting up Kafka, but I didn't anticipate us getting boned by numbers.

Individual players shout-outs in the following post.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Zen: You played pretty well, I think. You pointed things in generally the right direction without getting into the AggroZen mode that has caused you problems in the past. Well played. Not too much else to say here.

Joey: Sorry that life booty-bopped you at the wrong time, lol. Even if I hadn't known who scum was, your first post would've had me Townreading you until the end of the game. Thanks for masoning us. <3

Ruy: Definite improvement compared to Awakening. You took a frontline approach that stymied the aggression/stonewalling that I pointed out. Your questions remained pointed and with clear direction, and if memory serves, I think your reads were pretty on point.

Swordy: Play the damn game you boner! You were absent for MOST of Day 1, which we tried to alleviate pressure on by poking Marshy with a stick. If you had been active enough to manipulate the D1 lynch I think we'd have had a really strong scumteam and could've really wrecked Town. Unfortunately your absence and Kantrip's bungle meant Town got their heads together pretty quickly with a lot of momentum.

Scary: Definitely keep playing in regular queue games, but play like you did LATER in the day. (minus the whole claiming almost entirely unprovoked thing) I'm legitimately astounded by the difference in quality of your posts between the start and end of the day. It's like two totally different people. I want to see you keep playing. Make sure to look at the INTENT behind the actions of people. Most of your analysis was very surface level, which is just something that comes with time.

Xatres: I know it's your style, but SWFTown doesn't take too kindly to active armchairing. While I understand you like to take a calculated approach, you'll get farther as Town by taking some more active approaches to the game. Directly ask people important questions. make **** happen. You're a strong player, but it's hard to discern Town intent in your play. Since there are less Scum than Town, that's overall a bad thing. It's much harder to correctly read you as Town than it should be. A Townie's job is twofold: Find/Lynch scum, and Make their Town intent known. The easier it is to read it, the more quickly Town gains a cohesive direction.

Sokr: Can you use an avatar with a face? I realize this is a hella strange request, but I mentally visualize the "face" of the player I'm reading, even if it's fictional. (or evil) Because I have no associated face for you, I can't read you worth a damn and usually just glaze over your posts. (For others who want to try to psych me out, changing your avatars won't help, as I already have a face associated for everyone else in the game.)

Kantripotassium: You were doing SO WELL until you botched the handling of Scary's claim. That was pretty much entirely what got you lynched. You need to know when to stay in the shadows a bit and let things pan out. When a claim situation goes down, the Town's focus becomes very volatile, and the TINIEST THING can see a wagon swing onto you if the claim is considered strong. You played really well overall, you just botched that ONE situation. Definitely keep up with the notes. Those will do you wonders as both Town and scum. I know I certainly have a lot easier time reading people if I can follow their thought process. It's how I Townread people in general.

Fromarsh: I'll never understand you. :(

Rake: You were a bit confused midday, but generally moving in the right directions. Laundry and I wanted to take advantage of your confusion and manipulate you into pushing in bad directions FOR us, but things exploded with the claim situation. Otherwise, you were pretty obviously Town. Good **** mah dude. I had a big grin when you were talking about the coaching thing. You'll always owe me for pulling your ass out of the fire on that one. <3

MY OTHER HALF: I enjoyed this hydra adventure with you. I'd like to see how we do as Town sometime, but I don't think this hydra works for us as scum. Our styles don't mesh that well. You play a very active style, mine is very passive. You striking out when I want to sit back leads to people getting confused intent signals from our slot. I do, however, very much like your thought process when going through the thread as we did, and I got to learn a lot about what makes you tick as a mafia player. Thanks for having me!

Gheb: Thanks for hosting! It was a fun game and a balanced set-up, I'm just a bit sad that things panned out the way they did. It feels like it's extremely difficult for scum to recover from losing a member. Since the set-up is open, Town can take huge advantage of that and it narrows our options to play out of certain situations. This is mainly just a quality of open vs. closed, not the set-up itself. Enjoyed the game overall!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Rake: You were a bit confused midday, but generally moving in the right directions. Laundry and I wanted to take advantage of your confusion and manipulate you into pushing in bad directions FOR us, but things exploded with the claim situation. Otherwise, you were pretty obviously Town. Good **** mah dude. I had a big grin when you were talking about the coaching thing. You'll always owe me for pulling your *** out of the fire on that one. <3
<3

laundry made me look at you lol.

plus im always confused as town lol.

I think people forget my biggest tell is how obliviously townie as town i am and how confused i am. as scum im never confused and very directed lol

I dont remember what i disliked i just remember thinking: hey i dont like laundry i should look at him,.
Then i was wifoming kill and then i was dead haha.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Scary: Definitely keep playing in regular queue games, but play like you did LATER in the day. (minus the whole claiming almost entirely unprovoked thing) I'm legitimately astounded by the difference in quality of your posts between the start and end of the day. It's like two totally different people. I want to see you keep playing. Make sure to look at the INTENT behind the actions of people. Most of your analysis was very surface level, which is just something that comes with time.

Thanks man! The whole, playing like I did later in the day was actually kinda difficult lol. I wish I could really play like that on command but I'm still really green with this. Like.... REALLY GREEN. Thanks for the advice, I'll be using that much more. Same with analysis, but that part will be much harder since it appeared to me that people were playing off other people's meta rather than the game itself. That shall be tricky for me.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gheb: Town Traitor is a cool role :)

Rake: Well done. While I did want you to shoot MB, the fromarsh shot is what gave us the advantage on D2. Had MB been killed instead of Fromarsh, Fromarsh would have been the lynch today. So we were lucky there.

Ruy: Splendid play! I love thinking Ruy. Please play like this forever n_n.

Xatres: I'm usually a very aggressive town player who gets the lynch he wants. However in the past like 10(thoudand) games- other than a few - my reads have been very horrible. I tend to feel very strongly about them, but more often than not I am quite wrong end have ended up getting a lot of mis lynches. So I want to try and be more of a team player by weighting my vote with my 4-5 top town reads. BTW your play is really intersting. You're so level headed about EVERYTHING. When you acknowledge a point against you it completely stops the momentum lol. Cool technique.

Joey: I seriously did not find your inactivity or V/LA scummy. I've played enough with you now to know that's completely null. I'm really sorry if you felt I was attacking you personally. When I made those posts about how you wouldn't come back; I was doing so just in case of the chance that you were too exhausted to comb through the thread when you got back, in hopes that seeing my posts would provide some fuel and a spark. Thanks for masoning MB n_n.

Scary: Great Job man. Can't wait to play with ya again. You are no longer a noob so No more "noob" excuses and not substantiating on your reads.

Sokr: Glad that you were posting more! Some of the stuff you were saying cam off as really obv townie. And I very much liked actually seeing some of the thought processes you were putting out. I really want to see what your scum play is like so I can learn to differentiate better.

Kantrip: Great job. I cannot believe that you were able to type all those notes as scum. It's really hard for me to do that stuff as scum. Really impressive. Had it not been for the claim event and your irl stuff, you would have probably won scum the game. Your #15 was way weird to me, but after that and before the scum claim, your play was solid.

Sword: That slip was way too funny. You could have also been a strong force for scum this game if ya posted more. I got an obv townie read from your intro post albeit I skimmed it. You weren't really inherently scummy to me. btw you guys have a convo/quicktopic?

MB: Why why why did you bus ;_;... Raz you even said yourself in the FE:A Green room that you don't do knee-jerk busses like that. I think it would have been better for you guys to fight for Kantrip no matter how scummy it made you looked. The off chance that you guys were able to save him completely outweighed bussing him. OOC Raz what face do you have associated with me :woman:

marshy:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Meta is an indicator of people playing certain ways as certain factions. Personally i try to use it more to eliminate null tells and point out towntells more than anything else

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@Raz, you got your wish. Happy? ;)

But I'll definitely take that into account after I'm done the Riddle game.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I will keep hosting small, open and simple setups in the future.

:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
serious question: whatd ya expect? feel free to hit me in private

ERB, Walmart, etc. Both games you were cooperative and involved.

I just wanted you to read some of the posts I was making rather than flat out rejecting them. I felt you would have agreed on Kantrip's lynch if you read my posts. And the premason thing you took at face value as an attempt to control the PRs, but if wasn't like that at all. There was little-to-no risk for the mason involved, and it was the absolute most efficient way to use the role in an open set up, butya rejected it without looking it over.

I feel like since Walmart Mafia, you've completely lost faith in dgames town, and that's unfair to all of us. People Make mistakes. But we learn from them. It may take 5-6 times, but eventually we come around. Being wrong is at the core of this game, there's no reason to stay salty at people because of it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
MB: Why why why did you bus ;_;... Raz you even said yourself in the FE:A Green room that you don't do knee-jerk busses like that. I think it would have been better for you guys to fight for Kantrip no matter how scummy it made you looked. The off chance that you guys were able to save him completely outweighed bussing him. OOC Raz what face do you have associated with me :woman:
You're almost certainly correct, but listening to what your partner wants to do is part of playing the hydra. Live and learn, I guess.

Yours is Axel in my head, if you're not currently using one with a face. If you are, it tends to be that.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I..... can't recall exactly, actually. Did you have a final fantasy character as your avatar at one point? That's what's floating around. That, and I've seen/played with you enough times to be able to visualize you talking, even with no specific face.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
ERB, Walmart, etc. Both games you were cooperative and involved.

I just wanted you to read some of the posts I was making rather than flat out rejecting them. I felt you would have agreed on Kantrip's lynch if you read my posts. And the premason thing you took at face value as an attempt to control the PRs, but if wasn't like that at all. There was little-to-no risk for the mason involved, and it was the absolute most efficient way to use the role in an open set up, butya rejected it without looking it over.

I feel like since Walmart Mafia, you've completely lost faith in dgames town, and that's unfair to all of us. People Make mistakes. But we learn from them. It may take 5-6 times, but eventually we come around. Being wrong is at the core of this game, there's no reason to stay salty at people because of it.
and what did being cooperated and involved get me? "cooperative" = be my ***** and lynch my nonscum targets as opposed to your scum targets. "involved" = make yourself obvtown so you can get killed

nah. **** that. ill stick to being antitown. that said i actually do really like the rest of this post and feel its woke me up to an extent

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, it was more a case of mafia just not doing anything at all.

:059:
Yeh.

Like, Zen called my bus but that was a call I would've made regardless of alignment. The way Potato just jumped on Scary like that made me cringe inside and knew that I couldn't do anything about it and both Raz and I agreed that that was where we would've gone if we had been town. We never got a solid foothold before and nothing happened beforehand that gave me strong direction. This can happen in games with me regardless of alignment but it's worse when I'm scum and want to (or in this case have to) keep my teammates alive because then I'm acting on information I shouldn't have and for some reason I don't separate it.

I struggled this game. I never seem to do well in any of Gheb's games and I always seem to draw ****ing traitor in them despite not wanting it. It throws off how I want to play, especially in a game where Potato is one good pressure wagon away from lynching himself and Kafka was a complete nonfactor. Remember during the game where I told Rake that there were better pressure wagons than scary and that Potato was one of them? His reaction to Scary's claim is entirely why. You throw a curveball at him that he doesn't expect and you can generally get him to crack and show his cards. If I were town I would've went down that route but as scum I had no business doing it until he sank himself.

Oh well. Town played well this game. Obv town people made themselves obv town and scum didn't do anything. Not a whole lot we could do.

Magic Bounce

Smash Apprentice
Because I would've done it if I were town and I had no other direction. Rake was right when he said midway through D1 there were no strong reads. It was how I felt. We couldn't push at anyone else save Xatres and I was too busy trying to sling **** at FroMarsh without having anything substantial (probably the only thing I consistently do as scum but I had a purpose to die here). I couldn't go down you, Ruy, Rake, or Scary. I couldn't touch Kafka as I had the faith. Couldn't lynch myself. Joey was Joey but we said we liked him. It was just not a good situation for me as there weren't enough mistakes for me to capitalize on and Rake's far too obvtown for me to force anything. For all the people who claim I play like Ryker, I don't force holes like that in people. I just expand the holes they put in themselves. No one ever did, save for my own gogdamn scummate who lunged at the dumbest of things.

For what it's worth, I do agree. The Town Traitor is probably the best method of balancing the Traitor role as a whole if you're going to inform him who his mates are. It does allow me to play a bit more ********/suicidal and I do enjoy seeing what I can get away as well, which makes it more fun for me. It's frustrating when you get tagged with two people who could've pulled it out in the endgame (Kantrip not getting pressured means he's safe for a few days, I trust Kuz to accomplish a lot, especially after shooting the **** outta Zen) but did nothing.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
gg this is now my scum meta remember for all future games if i post even once im town 100% of the time it works 100% of the time

Top Bottom