• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
How was i right about kafka and mb.

Scary im sorry i tunneled you like an ass but i had my reasons.

Also, why shoot me im not even that scary

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Scum should have shot scary, though hitting Rake as the Vig works if they caught a crumb from him.

The rest was town playing really damn well.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Why didnt traitor have to die for town to win? I realize he was town aligned but he still had a differwnt wincon

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why didnt traitor have to die for town to win? I realize he was town aligned but he still had a differwnt wincon

The Traitor is not considered a threat to the town because he is one of them. To the town's wincondition, the Traitor is not relevant.

Ideal play for traitor is to distract peope. Since Traitor counts towards the town majority his lynch actually helps the mafia mathematically.

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Traitor can't actually make night kills. Once the mafia are dead, the traitor gets end-gamed.

He's not technically end-gamed, he simply fails to fufill his win condition and thus leaves the game as loser.

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
GG everyone.

Ugh, all my scum reads were completely backwards this game. The closest I came was a null on Kafka :p

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Traitor can't actually make night kills. Once the mafia are dead, the traitor gets end-gamed.
Yea but he still had a different wincon. Iunno stuff like this imo a mafia traiter would maybe been better if you take the masonizer out

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So laundry should have gotten himself killed basically

The longer he survives the more important his slot becomes from a mathematical point of view and the more of a problem he becomes for the rest of the town. He could get himself lynched right away, sure, but he can also win the game for mafia in lylo by offering himself for a lynch. So lynching the traitor isn't that great for town. Between him having to survive as long as he can, keep the mafia out of the spotlight and him being abe to do major damage through getting masoned I think the Traitor is balanced extremely well in this set-up, especially with the vig being there.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yea but he still had a different wincon. Iunno stuff like this imo a mafia traiter would maybe been better if you take the masonizer out

It's a question of balance. Town Traitor counts towards town majority, Mafia Traitor doesn't. They are different roles that do different things and need to be looked at differently.

Town Traitor is an extremely good role to balance games with a janky number of players [10 or 11], especially when you don't use a third party.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Orbo, didnt i tell you about the traitor thing lol ?

Why do you think i wanted to shoot the goon so badly. If idda shot Kafka the game would have been over in one phase lmao

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The one thing I shoud've done different was to tell the traitor in his role PM that he is not considered a threat to the town.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Cards on the Table

@Potassium: Suspected you very early, but decided to keep my mouth shut and let you keep incriminating yourself. I was just losing my patience not saying anything when you slipped and Zen slammed you for it. I actually did think you were scummier than Sokr, but my goal was to keep the conversation focused on your pairing, rather than tunneling you directly. Seemed to work out pretty well. The notes really were the biggest thing that gave you away. I purposefully downplayed how important I thought they were because they were easy to refute, but they definitely came off fabricated and held some shakey logic.

@Sokr: Misread you, but then so did half of town. I knew I was going out on a limb saying both you and Potassium were scum, but as stated above, I wanted the both of you in the conversation. Definitely had a stronger scum read on Potassium.

@Rake: Confirmed town within the first few pages. Your push against Scary was perfect and forced a ton of interactions. Excellent play all around. I gave you a town-lean rather than a strong town read publicly simply to keep playing my cards as close to the chest as possible.

@RR: My proposal to roleblock Zen was done almost completely to get your reaction. I knew I didn't have a chance of getting people to go along with, but I wanted to see what you would say. And, on the 1% off-chance that Zen had actually bussed Potassium, I could get the theory in people's heads early. Also, two games in a row you wanted me dead? It makes me sad... :(

@Zen: Glad we got to push the same lynch D1 and actually be both town. Next time don't almost settle for lynching me in fear of the almighty deadline. -_-

@Scary: Keep playing, and keep your cool under pressure. One day you will be the veteran pushing the newbie for reactions, rather than the other way around.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Never bother hiding your read on me since I'm liable to die anyway haha.

Although I appreciate the consideration.

Scum be scurred

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Never bother hiding your read on me since I'm liable to die anyway haha.

Although I appreciate the consideration.

Scum be scurred

It's less about protecting you from getting killed as obvtown and more to do with me not wanting scum to know what I'm thinking. Like I said, I suspected Potassium from like post #60 onwards. I doubt Potassium and I would have had such a long, drawn out back and forth if he knew he was on my radar.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Gheb: Thanks for hosting. I think the setup is quite balanced, we just happened to have the perfect storm when it came to town/scum actions.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Shoutouts:

Xat: Obv town was obvious. Good thoughts. Gj using your brain to promote see my angles and help me out.
Kantrip: Welp. Well played sir, I messed up initially reading ya, thankfully other people work at this.
Scary: Well played, reactions weren't totally terrible but i may have been a little invested and hard headed. Learn to look at intent behind actions and you'll be fine
Zen: Obvious crazy zen town was obvious.
Joey: never stop being so damn twonie
MB: Gut said you were evil. Dunno what sparked it other than you being all dead set on Scary on minute then being all dicey as I recall.
Kafka: Came in too townie, made me suspicious, plus Swords scum never plays.
Sokr: I was hard on you, too hard. I just need to understand your play is flip floppy and follow my own words and tead you intent instead.
Marshy/FF: Not sorry i shot you, figured you were too null. Wish i woulda shot Kafka or MB. I was considering them too :/.
Ryu: Obvious town. Well played. Told you we were bro's this time.
Me: BAMF. Follow you gut more. Shot from the hip and give no ****s
Gheb: Good job doing your job. #jobwelldone #thanksformodding

Kantrip

Kantplay
It really sucked that life started being absolute **** for me. Thanks to people who wished me well. I actually felt like I was playing really well up until stuff started taxing on me out of game. I got Rake and Sokr townreading me, which was probably my biggest concern as people would trust their combined reads on me more likely than not.

I like the whole simple open setup thing. Thanks for modding Gheb!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I had fun playing this, it was a lot of learning since this was so much faster than the two newbies I played.

Rake, no need to apologize on the tunneling, it's a game lol.

Man, my reads were way off except Kefka who I only had as a null.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well i'm inclined to disagree about that, but I don't want to argue. I just want to offer my opinion and maybe find somebody who shares it.

Two correct lynches on the first two days has what to do with the setup?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Two correct lynches on the first two days has what to do with the setup?
I don't know, exactly, because I haven't read the whole game. And I don't want to argue about it, either.

But somehow, I don't imagine that town made their way to two scum lynches without the help of their roles. I think they might have had a couple clears here and there.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Thanks Orbo!!

I think my favorite part of the game was when I made a few better posts and the first idea was "coaching". I was just dying over where I was.

Definitely gonna try another game for sure!
Np man. Did a lot better than I did in my first town game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xatres, why did you hold your cards to your chest? Just wondering.

Top Bottom