• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&w Pr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noa.

Smash Master
Why don't we have any power rankings? Most other characters boards have them. Also, who would be in the list? I only know that Hylian, xYz (Floridians! =D), NoJ, and OBM would be on it.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
PR's? Eh...?
Also I hope you mean OBM; I don't know any good G&W mains who are known as OMG.

If you mean a Back Room, we already have one.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Ah!
Well, I have seen them all over the place but don't fully know how they work. If you want, you can set something up.

Noa.

Smash Master
Meh, idk exactly how. I think they add up tournament placings along with how challenging the player's area is. Usually a group of the top players makes the PR. I'm not an experienced tournament goer, so I'm not too sure on how to do it.

K 2

Smash Lord
If you guys want to, I can add it to the "Get to know the G&W Boards" thread. We could make up a system for determining power rankings and I could list the rankings under each person's profile.

Noa.

Smash Master
Yeah, that would be a great idea. Exactly how are you planning on organizing the rankings? I would like to help in anyway that I could. =)

K 2

Smash Lord
uhh...Can you ask around the other character boards about how they organize their power rankings? Check with a few of the boards and see if they all use the same method/formula. If they do, post it here and I'll get started working on the PR's. I'll need to get some of our top players profiles update with more recent tournament wins first.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Yes, please institute power rankings. We desperately need some flaming in these boards.

I can hear NoJ arguing with Hylian now...

K 2

Smash Lord
Yeah, I understand the possibities of a flame war, but if we ONLY base it on tournament rankings/placings, there will be no human judgement/bias. You can't argue against cold, hard data. This can be similar to Anoku's character rankings thread, where opinions don't matter, only tourney placings do.

Thoughts?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Currently Hylian and I have the best G&W in Southwest regional area. Not sure exactly who is better. Hylian plays too many non-GW characters and I just play DK for the snake matchup. Also our tournament placings keep going up and down, above and below each other.

However it has been decided that I have the best G&W for teams. ;)

*throws judgment high-five at Hylian*

K 2

Smash Lord
Are Powerrankings divided into different regions?

How often do you guys attend tourneys?

I kind of like this ideea, but I want to make it so there will be no flame war...(lol?). Anyways, if you want to advance on the power rankings, just win tourneys, simple as that.

cutter

Smash Champion
One of the best things about the GW boards is that there is very little flaming/spam/random **** going around here.

As for PR, I wouldn't do it. There really wouldn't be any purpose to doing them except cause bickering and arguing. Plus regional zones are obviously different. I go to a good amount of tournaments here in Oregon (and I will be hosting some as well) but our state is pretty pathetic compared to other regions :/

Neb

Smash Lord
I don't really see the purpose in this, other than for bragging rights. With a relatively small community, I don't think it would turn out like you'd expect. The Game & Watch boards, for the most part, aren't a very internally competitive group, we support each other, and strive to get better together.

Noa.

Smash Master
Power rankings are usually dependent on tournament placings. They take into account number of participants, actual placing and who the person in question faced.

In the Peach boards, a group of the top players discuss the rankings. They amass a horde of players' tournament data by using Aib, Anoko's(sp) thread, and the chracter board's own player tournament placings thread. After posting the rankings in the thread, the whole board places their opinion of it. The ROB boards list the players into tiers, but within the tiers players are not listed by skill.

Yeah, the power rankings don't really serve a purpose, but I'm still interested in the prospect. Wouldn't be such a bad thing if it incited a little discussion.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Gamertag: PGN

Tournament Placings

Play n' Trade, NYC
10/18/08
Singles Pools: 3rd/10
Doubles: 7th/54

GameTable Tournament, Mineola, NY
1/10/09
Singles: (Didn't attend)
Doubles: 3rd/23

PGN's Bday Tournament (not sure if this counts)
2/7/09
Singles: 1st/12
Doubles: 1st/4

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol don't forget about me, I use him in the south :(

I don't main him, but I'm pretty good with him.

But then Again, I'm good with everyone :D

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I must get recognized as one of the best GWs in Canada. :]

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm going to go ahead and just say that the majority of the GW community doesn't support PRing's. We already have a good idea of our relative skill anyways, and no one likes drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom