• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fun things to do in training mode

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
What do you guys like to do in training mode for fun. (Yes, train is an answer, if so, tell how...) One fun thing I like to do is make timers and then try to get a electrical combo, try it, it is fun. Another thing I like to do is to put the game in slo-mo and see what I can come up with, like the Ganon combo with his side-B.

You can also talk about what you did in special brawl.

P.S. I am still a "Smash n00b" as the boards call me, so sorry if this thread is stupid.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Put luigi on 999% on hyrule castle, pick peach

Place him on middle floor, infront of the pillar towards the left, near the edge

Get peach to backthrow him and he goes swirling around the stage, it's cool :D

DLO

Smash Journeyman
i dunno why,but i do one of these two things:
1)pick olimar and snake,shadow moses,slo-mo with a friend,fighting and throw pikmin
or my favorite
2)shadow moses,slo-mo,i pick falcon and cpu bowser,3 bowser,knee.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
I like to issue a sand bag on, take my favorite character, and just smack it around a bit to get it's damage up. Then hit it far off the stage, jump off, and try to hit it back on. It's a lot funner than it sounds. XD

Mashour2

Smash Apprentice
On training mode, I just listen to codec conversations and sometimes practice AT's and new custom stages.

tsilver33

Smash Ace
You can do codec conversations on training?! I wish I would have known that. Would have saved me alot of trouble.

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
This is only for people who have 2 controllers. First, choose mario and captain falcon. Then, set cpu to control. For easyness, set the speed to 1/4. Then, do a reverse falcon pawnch, right when captain falcon is about to pawnch, cape him, cf will speed across the stage. Try it with Ganon and tell me if it works.

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
One fun thing to do is to smash 3 opponents off the edge with the 3rd being the most hurt, 2nd being the middle damaged and 1st being the least damaged. Then toad stool jump the first 2 to meteor or kill the 3rd.

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
One fun thing to do is to smash 3 opponents off the edge with the 3rd being the most hurt, 2nd being the middle damaged and 1st being the least damaged. Then toad stool jump the first 2 to meteor or kill the 3rd.
Don't worry, in a matter of a few more posts, you'll be a smash child. I'm not one to talk, but...

I like to do the pikachu thing in melee. Where they spin around since there's no space to walk. It's cool.

UncleSam

Smash Master
1) practice TL at's (duh)
or
2) pick captain Falcon and a heavy char. (bowser, DK, DDD) set the cp to about 20% damage or so up throw and pick up a timer and see how many times I can sweetspot the knee until he is sent flying
my record is 7 try and beat it

10falconknees

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
You know when we were younger and we'd watch the TV shows with people slashing the ground with swords and launching energy waves at eachother? I'd be on Final Destination, I'd drop a bunch of mines on the ground, and a couple with an explosive crate behind Bowser, then I'd have Kirby use his Final Cutter on the other side of the stage. It looks like he's slashing and making a huge wave of fire, and then it hits Bowser and blows him up. Priceless. :p

I also like getting the Princess and Metaknight (just because they are the most regal characters), and getting a BUNCH of Bananas (get it? Ha) and seeing if they'll ever stop slipping. Ha.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i like to work on combos and practice ATs.....

also, i like to set opponent to jump and see how long I can keep him from jumping :)

Ange

Smash Lord
Sometimes I spawn a batting-item (Mostly Beam Sword, Star Rod or HR-Bat) and trick around with it.
I especially like to do this fun trick with a SHAD.
That is, I short hop, throw it down, and see how many times I can catch it and throw it down again. How you do it is simple. You airdodge to catch it, but you immediately throw it down again, and repeat as many times as possible.

Its fun. :)

But most of the time,, I practice ATs and such with my mains, mostly on FD and BT.

EDIT: Typos I noticed a day after, haha.

Splice

Smash Hero
Its not training mode, but in the practice stage on line I like to juggle the Sandbag and hit it off the stage, and hit it back on. Sometimes I do this in training mode, on a custom stage I made for it, too. Good Fun.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
2 Captain Falcons using falcon punches on each other

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Opening up Pokeballs to see if a legendary Pokemon will show up. But, then that gets boring. I just don't find training mode fun.

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
Opening up Pokeballs to see if a legendary Pokemon will show up. But, then that gets boring. I just don't find training mode fun.

That's O.K., did you know that the first pokemon that comes out in training mode will come out in Group Brawl?

tsilver33

Smash Ace
Its not training mode, but in the practice stage on line I like to juggle the Sandbag and hit it off the stage, and hit it back on. Sometimes I do this in training mode, on a custom stage I made for it, too. Good Fun.
Read the thread genius. I've already suggested this...

It IS good fun though. You know, maybe it DESERVES two posts. XD

Splice

Smash Hero
Read the thread genius. I've already suggested this...

It IS good fun though. You know, maybe it DESERVES two posts. XD
Yeh, I did see your post, And I was going to quote you, but because you said nothing about training mode I just decided not too... sorry about that, it was kinda stupid. But yes, it is very good fun. Today I hit it with Ikes Eruption move, and managed to save it with an Across B from the opposite direction. IT WAS AMAZING. to me, anyway.

HI-5 tsilver33!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Put it on 1.5x speed for a while then change it back to normal speed. It feels so slow afterwards.

ChibiD

Smash Cadet
999%, Cpu: Luigi on Hyrule using Peach to smash him watching him fly EVERYWHERES. Never gets old.

(Yes, I know someone else posted this, but I do it too >:(.. )

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
When I'm frustrated at a character on HRC, I go to training mode, put them at 999%, and get DK, CF, Ganon or Zelda and freaking own them.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Things that I like to do in training mode is using the 999 combo trick with smart bombs, or if a computer player pisses me off I like to go to training mode to beat him/her up.

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
Throw 5 gooey bombs at the opponent and watch 'em fly! Works best on heavy opponents.
Or, make 5 smart bombs appear with a bit of space in between and throw one at the trail of bombs...it's like dominoes! I just wish you could make more bombs appear at once.

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
I like playing as Capt. Falcon, spawning a timer, setting the percentage to 999%, kneeing the opponent, and seeing how long I can keep my opponent in place by kneeing them again and again. My best is 15 seconds. :)

UncleSam

Smash Master

2) pick captain Falcon and a heavy char. (bowser, DK, DDD) set the cp to about 20% damage or so up throw and pick up a timer and see how many times I can sweetspot the knee until he is sent flying
my record is 7 try and beat it

10falconknees
I like playing as Capt. Falcon, spawning a timer, setting the percentage to 999%, kneeing the opponent, and seeing how long I can keep my opponent in place by kneeing them again and again. My best is 15 seconds. :)
I kind of said something similar to that, but whatever, that and the timer only lasts for 15 seconds so you hit max

Top Bottom