• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike's fair is so much faster than in brawl I keep using it too early. Also I miss jab canceling. I don't have an adapter yet (buffalo snow stopped the shipment of adapters arriving to NJ) so gotta wait a week or so for them to arrive.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
http://i.imgur.com/kccCAWS.gifv

Funny little string I got in FG, I'm also posting this to inquire something: At the end, I went for jab -> d-tilt but he managed to airdodge out of it. Might it have worked if he didn't airdodge? The d-tilt follow up in that situation seemed almost airtight while I was playing, but perhaps it's just d-tilt's speed.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
But yo, the gamecube's c-stick is problematic.

It can charge on ground and you can lose your whole momentum when doing an aerial.
Watch yourself; I was never an intention. Now for me, I'm sticking with my 3DS until my Wii U gets fixed.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
But yo, the gamecube's c-stick is problematic.

It can charge on ground and you can lose your whole momentum when doing an aerial.
From what I can tell the ability to charge smash attacks with the stick itself is just the new smash stick attribute. As for losing your momentum, I'm not sure what you mean; I'm guessing you aren't talking about aerials negating fastfall momentum.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've never even noticed that, let alone had any problem because of it. I have always been flicking my smash stick for aerials, and I don't see why anyone would ever hold it after using an aerial anyway. Still, that is a rather bizarre change.

The one time I held directions with it in this game is when I was messing around with the new smash stick charging mechanic. Can't see myself using it, the A button works just fine for my smash attacks. The only exception I'd make with Ike for using the smash stick is for a quick d-smash since I sometimes get a slight but crucial charge when I input it with the A button instead.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I thought I wasn't going to need a gamecube controller, but after playing with the Wii U pro controller the stick seems a little too sensitive, while the Wii pro controller is less sensitive but the position is less comfortable for me. Anyone else feel this way?

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I thought I wasn't going to need a gamecube controller, but after playing with the Wii U pro controller the stick seems a little too sensitive, while the Wii pro controller is less sensitive but the position is less comfortable for me. Anyone else feel this way?
Waiting till monday for my GCN adapter to play more because of this. The wireless WiiU Pro version feels weird, even after taking the time to fiddle with inputs and what not.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I hate everything. can't get the game till friday. like you can all just go die in a hole or something....except Blubo, Yoh, and any other europeans that are forced to wait

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Its really a torture to see all those streams, I can´t play the 3DS version anymore...

Actually we get it most likely earlier on wednesday, most stores sold the 3DS version 2 days earlier, so I hope now its the same.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
There are delays on shipping, so I probably won't be getting it until Monday-Friday this week. I did have a chance to play it in tournament though.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I tried the Pro controller and it's not bad as long as you configure the commands a bit, but obviously still inferior to the GCN controller.

I've been having a lot of trouble deciding on a secondary since the 3DS version came out, but I may seriously decide on Shulk. Marth has been my secondary in Melee and Brawl, but I feel really comfortable with Shulk and the way he plays.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Waiting till monday for my GCN adapter to play more because of this. The wireless WiiU Pro version feels weird, even after taking the time to fiddle with inputs and what not.
It seems GCN adapters are out of stock. I don't know when I'll get one.
I tried the Pro controller and it's not bad as long as you configure the commands a bit, but obviously still inferior to the GCN controller.

I've been having a lot of trouble deciding on a secondary since the 3DS version came out, but I may seriously decide on Shulk. Marth has been my secondary in Melee and Brawl, but I feel really comfortable with Shulk and the way he plays.
My secondaries are King DeDeDe and Greninja. I like having different styles of characters as secondaries, though I also enjoy playing Shulk and Marth because of their spacing style.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So I've been playing Smash Wii U a bit now and I'm getting more used to the GamePad. Ike actually isn't that bad. He's certainly one of my mains this time, whereas in Brawl last time he was more of an "occasional" character I used. I'm actually using Ike more than Marth right now. Robin's my current main, though.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
My secondaries are King DeDeDe and Greninja. I like having different styles of characters as secondaries, though I also enjoy playing Shulk and Marth because of their spacing style.
I'm just not that proficient with anyone else, although I have a lot of fun with other characters like Peach, Bowser Jr., and R.O.B.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
My secondary characters are Marth, Greninja and Little Mac. I enjoy heavy-hittling slow characters, but I also enjoy fast characters.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Ike is really awesome after the update! I've hardly lost with him in the plenty of matches I've played in For Glory and friends. :grin:

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, Ike can really devastate players in FG that are expecting the uncoordinated Ike play I see well over half of the time when I encounter Ikes in FG/FF. Perhaps I haven't played it enough, but then again Ikes are a rarity in FG anyway. I'm sure my opponent feels laid-back whenever the match starts up and they see the player opposing them is an Ike.

Also, concerning the discussion of secondaries and all that, I recently picked up Shulk. Still need a lot of practice but I am making progress. I'd also say I have a pretty decent Ness although I don't use him nearly as often.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
It seems GCN adapters are out of stock. I don't know when I'll get one.
Eh give it a few days into the week and check online and stores again. Kinda surprised gamestop had any at all available for online ordering before lunchtime on Friday, but glad to know that extra 11 for next day shipping secured myself of one. Seeing how not even hours after when I got home they went back to unavailable online XD.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I hate everything. can't get the game till friday. like you can all just go die in a hole or something....except Blubo, Yoh, and any other europeans that are forced to wait
In my case, I won't be getting it before christmas, at best ! It's easier to pretend smash4 is 3DS exclusive until then x)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Was fooling around with a friend's copy of the Wii U version. There was a tournament in one of the dorms here and I did pretty well on the 3DS, but couldn't beat this one Pikachu. Pikachu is so safe with all those autocancel aerials and Quick Attacks. I don't think there's enough lag on the Quick Attack or any of his smashes to punish. I think my KOs were all reads or him SD-ing. If John#s were still in my school, I bet we could've won that Wii U and Smash...

Last edited:

KingKilik

Smash Rookie
I'm making do with the GamePad until I get a chance to go out and buy a Pro Controller.

Btw, hello to everyone. Always been a big fan of Smash, but never really played competitively. Decided to try and play a bit more seriously with Smash 4.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
If you guys want to use a GC controller but don't have the adapter, get the Mayflash adapter instead. I heard the official adapter is $80 dollars online. http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Nintendo-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520S

It has no lag and it costs less.
80 bucks only due to resellers. Saw it going for $200 on Sunday due to people trying to gain a few $$$ off hype and desperate last minute buyers. If anyone still wants the official one, I'd say wait till the Wednesday to check local stores and online, a bit of patience goes a good way seeing mayflash resellers now want $30 for the adapter, when it was 17 last week. Mainly because Amazon is also out of stock of the $17 one.

E: Honestly if you can, i'd suggest playing with what you got for right now to merely get a feel for the difference in resolution settings. Have a gut feeling we may be playing this one via hdmi at tourneys. So plenty of time for people to adjust, if they haven't.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Haven't played For Glory after the first week of 3DS' release. I think it's 96-4.

D

Deleted member 269706

I would like to know how many losses and Wins do you have in 4Glory?
Ssb4 for WiiU
Wins:321
Losses:91
My win rate on the 3DS is at almost exactly 50%.
And holy crap San, that's incredible. I'd love to see some videos of your Ike at some point.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My record with Ike is 99 - 29 right now, while my overall record is 113 - 43. I was going straight Ike in FG for a day or two after getting the game but now I mix it up with using Shulk and sometimes Little Mac.

And holy crap San, that's incredible. I'd love to see some videos of your Ike at some point.
I second this.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't think I had a very robust style on the 3DS. Playing the Wii U version at a local tournament definitely helped a lot since I learned that my Brawl playstyle was able to transfer over well. FG didn't have too many great players so I mostly just practiced against CPUs ever since back then.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Holy ****, welcome Slaps! Haven't seen you in a long time. Good luck on deciding who you're going to main.

Also, this just happened in FG:

My sides.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
My For Glory record is 1-0. I can't play games on it properly because constant lag. UK vs. US = laaaag

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Smaller blastzones + rage + featherweight = lol.

The last hit of aether wave also has ridiculous initial knockback if you hit someone on the ground.

Top Bottom