• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
Holy ****, welcome Slaps! Haven't seen you in a long time. Good luck on deciding who you're going to main.

Also, this just happened in FG:

My sides.
Smaller blastzones + rage + featherweight = lol.

The last hit of aether wave also has ridiculous initial knockback if you hit someone on the ground.
So I'm guessing its not a glitch then. Glad to know we have a 0-death move near blast zones.

Edit: wasn't there something about having more knock back if you hit the opponent when he is executing a move? I think brawl had some kind of mechanic like that.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So I'm guessing its not a glitch then. Glad to know we have a 0-death move near blast zones.

Edit: wasn't there something about having more knock back if you hit the opponent when he is executing a move? I think brawl had some kind of mechanic like that.
This is only going to be 0-death if they hold away during the initial hit, otherwise they'll get caught by the other hits of aether.

Also yes, brawl has a counterhit mechanic that did 50% extra knockback, but that ONLY took effect against an opponent who was in the process of charging a smash, and did nothing to aerial attacks. Might be worth seeing if smash4 has anything like that though.

I dunno about you guys, but I REALLY REALLY want some concrete formulas to pop up for this game, stuff like how knockback is worked out,, rage mechanic included, etc...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Just got the Wii U version. Surprisingly, Battlefield is the only one of the neutrals I've tried so far with similar blastzones to the 3DS version. FD and Town&City are both smaller.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Just got the Wii U version. Surprisingly, Battlefield is the only one of the neutrals I've tried so far with similar blastzones to the 3DS version. FD and Town&City are both smaller.
This means easier KOs, right?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
This means easier KOs, right?
Yes it does. This also means Dying earlier.
All in all this change helps us more than hurts us though, seeing as our recovery is fairly bad anyway and we couldnt really benefit greatly from the larger blastzones

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Ike how I love you again now that I have a c stick <3

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Posting mines cause I'm bored. Mostly ike. Some Kirby. Other characters here and there.

All matches were played on my Gamepad. Uh...

Oh right. @ Aether9000 Aether9000 I am calling you out for that karma grab on reddit. :D

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike is ridiculous on Halberd. Uthrow->uair at low rage kills Shiek from like 70. At rage above 100, dthrow killed her at like 110-120.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is that on the upper or lower platform?
Lower. I think Ike can kill off of a throw on most legal stages in this game now pretty feasibly, since they're smaller than BF.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I just tested that out and it seems like it kills early once it reaches the halberd airship at the bottom platform.
Got another early kill once it departs, but a after a few seconds she incapable of being screen KO'd.

I wish I could test this with an actual person then just doing this in training.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just tested that out and it seems like it kills early once it reaches the halberd airship at the bottom platform.
Got another early kill once it departs, but a after a few seconds she incapable of being screen KO'd.

I wish I could test this with an actual person then just doing this in training.
Can't do this in training since it requires the impact of rage. Ike at 10-50% gives the extra bump for the kill. Above 70 and you can't really combo out of uthrow. I'm not sure about dthrow because of DI, but it's pretty dangerous if you both are slightly above 100.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
This Aether 0% kill also happend to while hitting someone onstage while charging a smash but since then I could not manage to pull it off again.

Already got the game yesterday, they sell it pretty early here in germany, the problem is, that the patch is not available, so no 1.0.4 Ike until friday I guess meh

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Damn, you guys have amazing For Glory records. Mine's about 44% win rate. Unfortunately I don't have a Wii U so I can't play SSBU, which sucks. Looks like I'll have to wait for the New Nintendo DS (which we still have a NA release date for) to play SSB4 Ike with C-Stick. Oh we'll, First World Problems.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
38-4 For Glory on Wii U.

A whopping 90 percent win rate, I lost about 4-5 days of play due to a trip or I'd have like a hundred games.

D

Deleted member 269706

Ugh, I wish Ike wasn't left helpless after his Quick Draw...It's not fair that Falco and Fox and a ton of other characters get to react after using a move like that whereas Ike, Ganon and Falcon are just doomed.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So apparently this still works in Smash 4:

The timing is just tighter for following up jab with turnaround jab/grab I'm guessing. Still, I thought the window was a bit less permissive than it appears to be so I'm growing used to it. I liked using this to frame trap people out of dodges and stuff that placed them "inside" of Ike.

I could see it being effective against those that like to roll a lot if you keep your spacing for it proper. I place myself so that if they roll to me, they'll end up overlapping me rather than exactly behind me for just a split second. And even if we're face to face and they might end up too far away a turnaround jab or pivot grab works great anyway.

Last edited:

KingKilik

Smash Rookie
114 - 109 (Wii-U). I'm pretty sure I am one of those underwhelming Ike mains right now.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
114 - 109 (Wii-U). I'm pretty sure I am one of those underwhelming Ike mains right now.
At least your record is positive. Mine 45% right now.

I just hat the best day ever. I got to say 'You'll get no sympathy from me'. My life is complete.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
I've played mostly against people from my scene around here. For glory is full of bad players lol...also last night I played about 7 different ikes on for glory...the side B spam was real....it never left brawl lol why do people do that? It's funny to me.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Please don't talk about for glory in its former glory.

It makes us look bad and we're trying to be cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Do you guys go all Ike in FG? I use Ike most of the time with the occasional Shulk. ^-^
Yeah I go Ike with occasional Rosalina. People really underestimate his power though. I love going for the delayed aerials to catch those damn airdodgers.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Do you guys go all Ike in FG? I use Ike most of the time with the occasional Shulk. ^-^
I was using Ike 100% of the time my first couple of days playing in FG but then I started using Shulk since I want to develop on him too. Still, I use Ike about 80% of the time. My Shulk is still worse than my Ike I'd say, though not by much, so I often break him out against players that I completely dominate with Ike. For that reason I think my Shulk in FG brings about a friendlier ambiance more often than my Ike; it'll feel like I'm basically play a ****load of friendlies with some people in FG when it comes to Shulk but when it comes to Ike I can usually feel the salt.

So Shulk can get 5-15 games played with someone in a row while Ike might only see action for a game or two before I have to find someone else.

Last edited:

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I only played one FG match, and I beat a Sonic with Ike lol

Online is terribly frustrating, though. The two or three best players on my friends list are also the ones I have the most aggravating button lag with, and it's always a buzzkill when we're having a good match and late button presses mess both of us up. I don't even use Ike online at this point, I have a lot more fun with the novelty of trying other characters out .

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
Ikecide is so much more gratifying than bowser or ganoncide

Tribute

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0645-5788-4088
I'm assuming you mean Meteor Smashing your opponent with Aether. Is there another way?
Catch them in aether off the stage and slamming both of you into the blastzone

Which is probably what you mean, but I consider it a suicide rather than a meteor.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm assuming you mean Meteor Smashing your opponent with Aether. Is there another way?
Not that I know of. To add, aetherciding usually has a lot more to do with how greedy your opponent is than bowsercide or ganoncide. For this reason it is funnier to me by far if I take a game with that than the aforementioned.

I also found out today how good the aetherspike itself is. From the ledge I've been able to land b-air, f-air, or u-air on opponents near the ledge after hitting them with it and following up from a ledge jump. It's magnificent.

Last edited:

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I got to play Ike in the wiiU version today, he feels great. Eruption edgeguards coupled with the old traditional edgeguards are brutal !

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I got to play Ike in the wiiU version today, he feels great. Eruption edgeguards coupled with the old traditional edgeguards are brutal !
Ike on Wii U feels really smooth. His combos are cleaner and the bigger screen helps you analyze everything that's happening. I haven't even played with a Gamecube Controller yet!

Top Bottom