• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Friends being fought for!" Ike General Discussion

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Does anyone else feel like Jab comes out slightly faster? And maybe Nair sends the opponent more vertically. I actually managed to do more SH Nair to Bair combos than before.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I'm still waiting on Yoshi and Diddy nerfs.

If so, Ike becomes a really good character because his main bad match-ups got nerfed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I gotta admit, today was the first time I played Ike and actually felt like a reasonable character. Very much enjoying the changes. Dtilt is going to be such a monstrous move this game!

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Ike was probably the most buffed character in the patch.

It's to be expected.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Ike was probably the most buffed character in the patch.

It's to be expected.
:4metaknight:
(The following has been tested on Pit, not Mario)
-N-Air has been buffed from 7% to 10% and now KOs ~45% earlier.
-Dimensional Cape sends the target in a more horizontal angle and now KOs ~15% earlier.
-Forward Throw has been changed, it now has two hitboxes that total 9% on all characters. It previously did 3% on some character and 9% on others, so it's more of a fix than anything else.
-Back Throw has received slightly increased knockback and KOs ~5% earlier.
-Back-Air's knockback has been increased a lot and now KOs a whopping ~30% earlier.
-Forward-Air can no longer spike.
Sorry what?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Still not as buffed as Ike. Heck, Ike's bair kills 9% earlier and that's better than most of MK's stuff by itself. Killed Mario at the edge at 99% before, now it's 88%.

Uthrow is the same.

Edit: MK seems to be buffed in a lot of other ways not listed above. I stand corrected about the bair part :)

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Is nair a little faster or so?
I don´t know why but nair feels better now.

Could be because of the combination with all those other moves who got buffed or I´m just imagining it.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Does dash attack feel better for anyone else? I felt like I couldn't space it the same way I could in Brawl, but now I can again.

mimicmatter

Smash Cadet
As a side note, Sheik got severly nerf ! Her Bouncing Fish is so weak now it's far from being a killing move now ! I'm looking into other characters forum to get a general idea of all characters ! Shulk got some buffed too if you like Shulk as a secondary character !

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
WHY WAS I NOT NOTIFIED BY MY ACCOUT!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Ike got buffed! Whoo! I haven't played Smash3DS in a while due to school, but I'm so freaking happy! Faster attacks with more power. Yes! I can't wait to fid out about the other changes! HAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Pretty nice, though that is possible pre-patch with a read. It makes his off-stage game better.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Yeah it was possible before. I just feel a lot safer pulling out Fair, and that first Fair came out pretty fast compared to before.
Dash attack seems better somehow. Fair to DA works a lot.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Does dash attack feel better for anyone else? I felt like I couldn't space it the same way I could in Brawl, but now I can again.
I'm having the opposite problem: more difficulty landing Dash Attack.

Could be that they buffed in a way that's throwing me off, but that's my take on it.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Everything that worked pre-patch pretty much works post-patch, just some extra stuff.

Mostly F-Air being added into as a major spacing tool.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So does this mean that @ san. san. is going to go through and update the strategy thread with the 1.0.4 changes?
Yep, I will. It'll probably be best to add a changelog for each patch for him. Need to sift out what's confirmed vs hearsay, though.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Yep, I will. It'll probably be best to add a changelog for each patch for him. Need to sift out what's confirmed vs hearsay, though.
Definitely. Might also want to separate the different patch sections into parts that still work with the current patch and stuff that was patch-specific and make note of which patch update made it irrelevant. (Although I highly doubt Ike will really lose any of his combos during the updates.)

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It'll be a guaranteed link at low percents, Nair -> D-Tilt worked at low percents pre-patch. F-Air isn't a true combo out of it but it's almost guaranteed.

Nair -> D-Tilt still combos, but the F-Air is just slow enough to not count as a true combo. 29 percent pretty much guaranteed early.

Though testing it now on Bowser, it only works at percents lower than 10, and if they VI up on N-Air you can whiff the down tilt.

Last edited:

TeeJay308

Smash Cadet
Nair has less recovery, it feels like. I don't know if it was possible pre-patch, but at lower percentages you can do stuff like nair -> fair/bair (depending on where you land) as a true combo. Does fast-falling cancel some of the landing lag? Because it does seem faster when you fastfall (this was the case prepatch as well, but seems even faster now)

Jab-combo doesn't register as three-hits in training mode on Bowser, DK and other heavy characters, but it does on Greninja and other fast characters, so that's pretty huge. Dtilt seems like it can combo into fair at lower percentages, but I couldn't get it. Still, it puts them in a pretty awkward position, so you can go for followups.

Ike has some serious power at lower percentages now! And with bair killing real early now, you have a reliable way to kill without having to overcommit to a read. I think Ike can be a serious threat now!

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
It'll be a guaranteed link at low percents, Nair -> D-Tilt worked at low percents pre-patch. F-Air isn't a true combo out of it but it's almost guaranteed.

Nair -> D-Tilt still combos, but the F-Air is just slow enough to not count as a true combo. 29 percent pretty much guaranteed early.

Though testing it now on Bowser, it only works at percents lower than 10, and if they VI up on N-Air you can whiff the down tilt.
How about N-Air -> D-Tilt -> N-Air? I'm at work so I can't test it
:/

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I can confirm that Dtilt -> Aether Drive combos at lower percents/on heavies if you hit with just the tip of Dtilt according to training mode. Free 31% damage. I could get it work on Bowser up to roughly 50%. Probably VI dependant, but eh.

Last edited:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Do yourselves a favour, Go into training mode with Ike w/ Diagonal aether. Set speed to 1/4 and then use the aether. laugh at the bug.

Last edited:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't think we need to worry about set combos anymore since things just link into each other so easily now.

@ Heartstring Heartstring , yep, the glitch is there for all aethers. Especially noticeable after the end of a match.

Last edited:

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
LOL

Also no, N-Air at the end is even worse. It's better to go for the F-Air, you need the horizontal hitbox.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, it's a funny glitch, it's the fact it actually has a hitbox that goes into ******** places that really gets me, hitting across FD on a grounded opponent is hilarious.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
I'm so happy I can finally respond to Kirby's retreating fairs with my super ultra fair, and then keep the pressure going with the autocancel.

Another thing I really like is we can now react to and eat projectiles with fair as well (it did eat projectiles before but now atleast we could respond to it time without havng to predict too much).

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I think QD is buffed. I KOd a Bowser at 132% with a not-fully-charged QD.

Top Bottom