• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friendfinder Note: FF is supposed to come back soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SullMaster

Smash Cadet
1on1

Requirements:
- Be ready
- Don't be intimidated
- Always distance yourself away from me.
Basic Rules:
- I host the brawl
- My rules (Fair rules)
- Stock 4
Star-fox09:
A pro and wants a good challenge.
To contact me:
- Pm me
Not trying to be rude but that sounds awfully intimidating..

Just PM me guys if you want a match, I'll add later!

Tesh

Smash Hero
I have played super smash brother melee for a few years, I only had a vague interest in it. I never discovered the competitive crowd of the game until I noticed the smashdojo site late last year. I eventually found smashboards and early videos of brawl around February this year. I recall the first match I watched was between two people using screen names "Deva" and "Eggz". Before that time, it had never occured to me that chasing people off of the stage was viable. I had never seen a "spike" as they call it. I, almost immediately, tried to imitate it with melee, but I killed myself every time with Mario (even when I killed my target). I could always beat the computers on level 9, so I assumed I was done with the game. I watched this site constantly for the past 6 months, staying quiet, reading about the game and watching the good players do what they do. So I learned a few things, had yet to actually hold a wii remote though.

I just purchased a Wii and Super Smash Brother Brawl on Saturday. For the pat 4 days I have played it for a couple of hours before going to work. I remember reading something on this site about a "Friend Finder" but it apparently isn't working. Therefore, I tried gamefaqs.com to find people to play against. At first things were doing fairly well. I found people to play against and got beaten very badly over and over. I killed myself alot with spin dash or whatever they are called, I died using both many times. I got used to the lag after a dozen matches. Its different every time so for the first 10 seconds with a new opponent I just run around and see how long it takes for my button mashing to become a visual. It was a bit more interested because of the lag actually. I always liked strategy games, and it was interesting to play it like rock/paper/scissors. I pick something to do for the next 2 seconds, he/she picks something to do for the next 2 seconds, we wait and see who wins the clash.

Moving on, the 2nd day I actually managed to beat somebody. Later on, while playing another person in 6 consecutive matches, I won 2, he won 3. During the final match, I killed him twice without dying (I had 160% damage). He was a Marth that liked to counter my spin dash and I only managed to win by accidentaly fumbling and I guess it "faked him out". So I start playing around with the spring and the diving attack and jumps off of the stage and leaves. He posts on my gamefaqs thread "New player my ***". He suggests that I am "hustling" people (although he spelled it hussling) (not sure what I could be hustling for) and that people should not play against me. I wound up not getting a match the rest of the morning and someone even called me a "fake noob". The same thing happaned to be yesterday morning.

So, I guess you are wondering why I posted this. In conclusion, I have 2 questions. First of all, I know how frustrating it can be when a new player markets him/herself as someone experienced (happens to be alot in starcraft and then you find out the guy makes 1 hatchery and 10 minutes later has a spawning pool) and turns out to be horrible. However, if I continue calling myself a "New player", people refuse to play against me now. So what should I do? Its not rocket science to move the control stick around and press A and B, why can't a new player win without being blacklisted or something? I'm hoping not to come off as arrogant or bragging. I don't think I am very good, my little sister beats me every time still.
Also, is there a good site for finding people to play against? I guess I am supposed to put up a friend code here as well. 4897-9533-2378

I'm a little unsure of where to post this, it seems a bit long for this thread and I am apparently not allowed to post in the User Blogs area. I tend to rant on about things, but don't worry, wifi doesn't let us chat anyway I think. Thanks for reading, if anyone is interested in playing against me, please send me a message.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Okay, wow. That was one HELL of a first post here.

I'd be tempted to play you just for that crazy post.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'll play someone, if anyone is willing. 4897-9533-2378 I'm pretty sure I know what neutral stages are, but I'm not sure who even gets to pick them. 2-3 stocks, no items, all of that right? Ready any time.

Star-Fox09

Smash Rookie
Looking for a challenge.
A competition
Any takers?? My FC: 5327-3455-6383. Rulez
-Any rules, just fight.
Pm me, im around.

Kaizhi

Smash Rookie
edit. Match found, was fun.

Looking for a quick 3-4 stock match.
Prefer no items, decent stage.
Never done this before, testing lag.

Happy Thanksgiving mates.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Looking for any European players who want to brawl right now, 1v1, 3 stock and no items. Also, it would be great if you could add me on msn so that we can brawl anytime later.

So, looking for a brawl right now + anyone to brawl with in future.

My msn : repentance_reincarnated@hotmail.com

Europeans only please! (People from UK/England preferred)

ohletsdance

Smash Rookie
Looking for good brawlers from EUROPE

add me on msn, thats like my new friendsfinder I HAVE OVER 40 BRAWLERS from europe
IN MY MSN !!!, trying to get as much people as i can
Just talk to me on msn if you want a match

I have a fast connection, cause i use cable.

my msn : oh_lets_dance@hotmail.com
mybrawl name : Dance

i play 2v2 and 1v1
neutral stages prevered, but i counters to if you want
and no crappy items, im looking for good brawlers,
I only play with items if im in a crazy mood.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Looking for friendlies

1v1; 3 stock
Neutral stages
No items, duh

PM me please

Please have a somewhat high post count (100+ preferred)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom