• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foxy's Bromonthly < 3 - Raleigh, NC - Sat, June 27th - MELEE and BRAWL+!

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
Behr and Vilt, what have yall been up 2... haven't talked 2 neither one of yall in ages

lord karn

Smash Master
I can house people Friday and Saturday night. Let me know if anyone wants to stay.

Southern Pines should come down!

lord karn

Smash Master
Man, I feel like picking up Melee. Someone wanna reteach Melee to me?
I can help you learn some. My first suggestion is to watch videos of the best player of your character. Not combo videos. Just watch actual matches and focus on how they approach and how they defend (like how they trap people and what they do out of shield). You're not going to be able to combo until you learn the physics of the game so don't even worry about learning them until you get the fundamentals down.

lord karn

Smash Master
Jon already knows what he's doing in Melee, he just hasn't played much in a while
Sometimes even some pretty good people don't have their fundamentals down. I know that's why I got better when I switched to Fox, because I got my fundamentals down much better. Perhaps that's why my Marth is now so much better than it used to be even though I don't play him anymore.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I used to main Fox back in the day, but I find Marth to be lots of fun. I'll probably watch some videos of Ken and some other pros later tonight.

If my parents let me go to Foxy's tourny, I'll head down there a bit early and get some Melee practice in.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Uhhh what those guys said lol. Edit: I also suggest watching Ken, Taj, and KFC's Marth so you can get a good sampling of what good Marths do to trap people since taking from only one source may be detrimental.

Stongers, we're gonna stay with Karn both Friday and Saturday night.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Uhhh what those guys said lol. Edit: I also suggest watching Ken, Taj, and KFC's Marth so you can get a good sampling of what good Marths do to trap people since taking from only one source may be detrimental.

Stongers, we're gonna stay with Karn both Friday and Saturday night.
SMARF!

I'm going to be there too. Teams practice? ;)

Edit: My Marth is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo guhhd. Just play me and you will learn everything you need to know.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, I can still record vids if anyone wants me to, and the ones that go on my account will have a few more views for those interested in Youtube vids with views or something lol.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Well, I can still record vids if anyone wants me to, and the ones that go on my account will have a few more views for those interested in Youtube vids with views or something lol.
All melee vids shouuld go on your account.

It would give NC More exposure since its you. xp

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If that's cool with Foxy and his difficult recording set up then we can make it work.

I don't mind the vids being on two channels or whatever though. It's his tournament, and he can decide what to do with the videos.

BEHR

Smash Hero
True I was just suggesting stuff.

I dont know but we are recording commentary cause yay is so good.

Top Bottom