• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Tournament Results Thread!

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
This topic will keep track of all tournament placings and results for Fox players.

If you would like to submit your tournament placings with Fox, just post them here. Please give us what place you got and out of how many entries, the name of the tournament you attended, online or offline, and the date of the tournament.

*Will Keep Updated*

Melomaniacal
25th out of 49 Hurricane Meta Knight 11/22

monkeyx4

3rd out of ??? at "The 1337" ??/??

Never Knows Best

25th out 92 - C3 11/22

Tak

7th out of 24 at Ranbats 10/19
5th out of 32 at Ranbats 09/21
5th out 52 at Ranbats 08/17

Toronto Joe
17th out 70+ Only In Niagra 2 ?/??
13th out of 72 - Let's Brawl Toronto 11/22

X
2nd out of 24 at Ranbats 10/19

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
this seems pretty good. one problem i there isnt many tourenys in Ga and that is lame :( but i should do some more online tourneys online so i make Fox look da best. i'll keep you updated when i go to another online tourney or real one.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
yo i came in 3 place at the1337 or something like that. i lost to Lag and a ftilt spammy snake player<_<

_X_

Smash Lord
I've got just about every Melbourne Ranbat (tourney) data somewhere... Or Cao has it. >_>

I've done okay and I'm like 6 or something on our power rankings... >_>

How are you going to display the data?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've got just about every Melbourne Ranbat (tourney) data somewhere... Or Cao has it. >_>

I've done okay and I'm like 6 or something on our power rankings... >_>

How are you going to display the data?
= Ranbats 19/10/08 =
http://
Entrants: 24. Entry: $5. Banned: 5.

1: Cobalt [Lucario, Marth]
2: X [Fox]
3: Shaz [Ike]
4: CAOTIC [Peach]
5: Devil [Wolf]
5: Ice K [Zelda, Pit]
7: Tak [Fox]
7: Syrick [Lucario]

=== Ranbats 21/09/08 ===

Entrants: 32. Entry: $5.

* 1: Cobalt [Meta, Snake]
* 2: Dekar [G&W, Marth]
* 3: Jei [Pit]
* 4: Redact [Dedede, Olimar]
* 5: Tak [Fox]
* 5: Everence [Snake, Lucario]
* 7: Nay [Toon Link]
* 7: Ice K [Falco]

=== Ranbats 17/08/08 ===

Entrants: 52. Entry: $5.

* 1: Ammeren [Meta Knight]
* 2: Cobalt [Meta Knight, Snake]
* 3: Jei [Pit]
* 4: Dekar [G&W, Marth]
* 5: Tak [Fox]
* 5: CAOTIC [Peach]
* 7: Zax [Snake]
* 7: Erick [Falco]

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i dont know how many entrants there were(over 70 im sure however)

Only In Niagra 2(offline)
15$ entry fee
i got 17th

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I got back from C3 last night.

I placed 25/92. All Fox.

I got knocked into the losers bracket by FL's best DDD seibrik (his grab game is amazing, I've never seen DDDs upthrow game used so effectively), and then out of the tournament by GDX's Diddy(I counter picked on BF to make him switch to Game and Watch and destroyed it, and then he like counter picked back to like either FD or Smashville and took the set on those two levels. Pretty solid Diddy, I should have switched to Falco because I was losing to Diddys in friendlies before the tournament and should have took that as a warning.)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Vidjo got first at Test Your Might, no idea how many attendees...though I admit the spot was shared w/ Peach

clowsui

Smash Legend
Nah, he went Fox and Peach the whole day

At least you guys are getting representation in the MW, he's the only Fox I know of that may actually be good.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^That's definitely true. Foxes need to really get out there in the tournament. I got a lot of comments after winning matches. They were usually stuff like"I'm really glad to see a Fox player here, there aren't enough. Good ****" I think that complement was from the guy who came with M2K. He had a mean Ganon.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
got 13/72 at Lets Brawl Toronto, offline, fox only aside from 1 game where i went Kirby on Halberg

15$ entry fee

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^entry along with venue?

C3 was $10 venue $20 singles. ($30)

I spent $45 on the whole tourney and it was well worth it =D

and Good **** btw for getting 13/72

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I just got 25th out of 49 (tied with like, 10 others, of course) last night. Was my first Brawl tournament, but I guess worth mentioning (or not).

25th out of 49
Hurricane Meta Knight
11/22/08

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I don't know where I placed at Let's Brawl Toronto, but I got eliminated in the same slot as TorontoJoe. Fox only, except for one game where I used Snake.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
NKB, gooooood **** at C3, dude. I share a similar spot with you.

I lost to MEeP, an amazing IC's player, and P~S, an amazing Olimar player. Two baaaaad matchups for Fox (imo).

Way to rep Fox though, I saw like 5 Fox mainers.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
NKB, gooooood **** at C3, dude. I share a similar spot with you.

I lost to MEeP, an amazing IC's player, and P~S, an amazing Olimar player. Two baaaaad matchups for Fox (imo).

Way to rep Fox though, I saw like 5 Fox mainers.
Thanks a million man and congrats to you too! Good ****. You are a Fox mainer? I wasn't sure because of the question mark by your main spot.

BLEH on getting match-ups against ICs and Olis. Those guys are little devils against Fox.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I like the question mark because it means I don't have to commit to one character. I main Fox at tourneys, but I used to Main Ness. It was tough to drop him.

The question mark is much sexier, anyway.

I'm surprised you didn't see me playing random friendlies at C3. I was the one in the black hat, and the pinstripes.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Good **** guys, I also went to C3 and placed top 17, going straight fox for tourney. I lost to Neo after some really close matches. Fox has a tough time with marth unfortunately.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206831

I went straight/all FOX.

Tourny - Ryko presents - Zany Balls, A NY Tournament

I got 3rd out of 16 Entries.
Good **** Rook! You looking to come down to VA for Chu's biweekly or MD for CH 4.5? I'd love to ditto your Fox.

Good **** guys, I also went to C3 and placed top 17, going straight fox for tourney. I lost to Neo after some really close matches. Fox has a tough time with marth unfortunately.
Once again good **** Duo and I totally feel you on that Marth crap.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
The guy was wearing like a blueish hoodie I think and like some kind of baseball looking hat.
Yeah, I played him at some point. I beat him, and Boss in some friendlies.

I noticed that, didn't get to see any of your matches though.

I have a large amount of Marth experience, due to 2 of the best players in the SC / NC region maining Marth. Shine gimping through DS's rising animation immediately after the invincibility frames = tooooo good.

He's not too hard to gimp offstage.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Moon-Doggie places well. He got 2nd at NFB4 which was 30 entrants.

I just got 3rd at smash sunday 5 which was about 16 people.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Saki, also make sure you seperate the online tournament results from the offline ones. Put them in two seperate lists or something. Also, if you only used Fox for like one tournament match, and then some other character (most likely higher tier) for the rest of your matches, then please specify such, because its not really fair to me and rookie, who used fox for all our matches, and then some person with a average fox comes in here and says, "well I got second in: ____ tournament" when they used MK for all but like two matches.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
. Also, if you only used Fox for like one tournament match, and then some other character (most likely higher tier) for the rest of your matches, then please specify such, because its not really fair to me and rookie, who used fox for all our matches.
You forgot me =*(

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I got knocked into the losers bracket by FL's best DDD seibrik (his grab game is amazing, I've never seen DDDs upthrow game used so effectively), and then out of the tournament by GDX's Diddy(I counter picked on BF to make him switch to Game and Watch and destroyed it, and then he like counter picked back to like either FD or Smashville and took the set on those two levels. Pretty solid Diddy, I should have switched to Falco because I was losing to Diddys in friendlies before the tournament and should have took that as a warning.)
Wow. FL > NKB... no no, just kidding. I wanted to go to that, but money + time didn't really permit.

but yeah, Seibrik has a good DDD. that's true.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm very ADD with my tourney character choices. Much of the time, I'm Fox only, all the way through (except GnW to counter ZSS and Pika.), but Occasionally I'll go half Fox, half Sheik / ROB / Mario / Bowser / Luigi / whatever the hell I decide to play that week.

I just realized I beat Boss in friendlies at C3. That makes me happy.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im starting to learn that fox cant win big tournies on his own......none of his matchups are impossible unless you have a good pika/zss in your area but he doesnt have the tools to keep him in a high position, im placing alright simply by just playing smart, but eventually im hitting players who are just as smart as me and play better characters........Marth and MK are not fun with Fox........i beat Chesterr01's(melee pro) Marth barely, and i had to come back from 120% for me to 60% for him O_o

Falco,Snake,Marth and Kirby all seem like good characters to use along with Fox

EDIT: bold toronto ftw XD

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
im starting to learn that fox cant win big tournies on his own......none of his matchups are impossible unless you have a good pika/zss in your area but he doesnt have the tools to keep him in a high position, im placing alright simply by just playing smart, but eventually im hitting players who are just as smart as me and play better characters........Marth and MK are not fun with Fox........i beat Chesterr01's(melee pro) Marth barely, and i had to come back from 120% for me to 60% for him O_o

Falco,Snake,Marth and Kirby all seem like good characters to use along with Fox

EDIT: bold toronto ftw XD
I think D3 is also another good choice for other characters. Personally I think Falco would be the best secondary with Fox players. They are just great. Also after seeing Snakeee's ZZS at C3 I really wanna try using her.

I know this is random but I think Fox has extreme potential to be AMAZING on Norfair.

OO and I'm still crying that my name isn't bold lol =D

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
I guess I'll get a spot up there too.

Let's Brawl Toronto 11/22
13th of 72 entrants (32 bracket) SINGLES, Fox only except for 1 pools where I used Snake.
5th of 20 entrants DOUBLES, Fox only team w/TorontoJoe.

There ya go.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Good **** Kheld! Congrats on placing that good =D

My teammate I an got destroyed at teams at C3. Are first game was against Snackerrr. ROB plus ZZS is really scary.

Top Bottom