• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Tournament Results Thread!

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Saki, also make sure you seperate the online tournament results from the offline ones. Put them in two seperate lists or something. Also, if you only used Fox for like one tournament match, and then some other character (most likely higher tier) for the rest of your matches, then please specify such, because its not really fair to me and rookie, who used fox for all our matches, and then some person with a average fox comes in here and says, "well I got second in: ____ tournament" when they used MK for all but like two matches.
Uh...if this is geared toward me I didn't specify that for a reason. I use Fox, Marth & Falco. Equally as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Why isn't Lucien on here? He's considered to be one of the better Foxes.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^Because Lucien quit.

(And I don't think his Fox was that great anyways...) < just an opinion.

and he played Wolf in his last tourney so I don't think he even mained Fox at the time he quit.

M@v

Subarashii!
I mentioned it in some other thread....but 5th out of 16 at the PSU tourney around here, all fox besides 1 match(Zelda/sheik)

Doesnt matter much, but won doubles, all fox except 2 matches that I won. My partner was olimar/snake.

there is a big tourney Dec.6th @ psu.....im entering, shooting for top 5.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Uh...if this is geared toward me I didn't specify that for a reason. I use Fox, Marth & Falco. Equally as well. Otherwise I wouldn't have posted. Why isn't Lucien on here? He's considered to be one of the better Foxes.
It wasn't directed at anyone, its just different when your dealing with middle tier tourney results, and down. Some sort of line has to be drawn, because quite frankly, if you only used fox one or two times in the whole tournament, then I doubt anyone here is interested your placings. Not saying you did, but it just needed to be said.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^Yeah this is true. I only really care if you at least used Fox 3/4ths of the time. Like I'd understand if you are CPing a Pikachu or MAYBE a ZZS, but other than that it's meh...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I got 25/49 at Chu Dat's Thanksgiving bi-weekly tournament
(my confidence was pretty boosted when Chillin was like who the hell beat DKsmash? when he was running the brackets, and the people around him were like some Fox player. I got many of good ****s that night =D, then got ***** by Candy's Snake. My god....did I get *****...)

And 17/25 in teams (bleh....)

I finally go to meet Rookie! That dude is soooo facking tight as ****!!

We got to spend some time talking about Fox. It's so nice to be able to talk with someone else who understands Fox in person.

Rookie got 17/49 at Chu Dat's Thanksgiving bi-weekly's tournament.

I almost got 17th as well because I almost beat CK's Marth. I grab released him on FD and he got FD when he recovered. I was so happy! Then he worked me on SMashville. I CPed on Halberd and I just effed up. Plus my controller started acting weird on me after I was friendlies with Deez. (Probably buying a new one on Monday!) *No Johns....*

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
hmmm, I should probably put mine up.
/me goes to look up tourney results

EDIT: These are all from PnT weeklies in Vegas and I was lazy and forgot to find the dates. also I use fox about 60% of the time for when I need to beat good ppl, I use pit the other 40% to counter the 4 pikas in vegas as well as to be flashy and arrogant.

17/51 singles
9/23 teams
17/59 singles
9/24 teams
13/61 singles
25/51 singles
9/58 singles
9/55 singles
13/47 singles
7/64 singles
9/25 teams
5/53 singles
5/29 teams

*goes to find dates*

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I got 17th out of 50+ entires going straight Fox at Chu's Bi-Weekly. I apologize for not doing better, but I did get bull****ted on my match with Candy... Those who were there know what I'm talking about.
I feel you man! No sweat on the placing, 17th is still good. Eff MK...We will get em next time! You looking to go to CH 4.5?

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
I became second from a little tournament at a game club thats close at my house. 20-30 people were there. Lol it was kinda funny because they used the tournament option in brawl, i couldn't counterpick sadly. I lost to a **** D3. He couldn't chaingrab me though, he tried it XD.

Note: Most of them were newbs, until i came in the last 8, which happened to be really skilled players. (Lotsa M-K's and Falco's.)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I became second from a little tournament at a game club thats close at my house. 20-30 people were there. Lol it was kinda funny because they used the tournament option in brawl, i couldn't counterpick sadly. I lost to a **** D3. He couldn't chaingrab me though, he tried it XD.

Note: Most of them were newbs, until i came in the last 8, which happened to be really skilled players. (Lotsa M-K's and Falco's.)
MK and Falco's don't = skill =D!

They = people who can't play Fox.

PhilMcCloud17

Smash Cadet

Lol i have never been to a tourney where they actually used this hahaha

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Yeah it was funny, but i never had experience with good players so i thought i should join a gameclub tournament which i thought where skilled players would be, but not really lol. I almost got ***** by a Falco aswell but i shine-spiked him on my last stock XDDD. And he was like: OMG **** YOU! I was like OMG GOOD FOR YOU! And he went mad and left lol.

Oh yes, i got lucky i didn't got matched up by a M-K, kinda weird. Just this 1 boy which wasn't skilled, i owned him like no tommorow. He plays exactly like my friend (watch my combo video the white meta-knight) just using random moves and hope they'll hit. Like i said, i never had any experience with good players offline. Online i got owned by this D3 user (Somehow D3 doesn't like me) but he said i got a good Fox, he said he Mained Fox and that i would get there. He also owned me with his own Fox ;o;

Lol i'm getting off-topic but i really do want to meet better players, maybe a Fox tournament?

Question: I find this weird but why doesn't my signature show up on here, but it does show up on some other threads...

Saki Zatoichi

Smash Ace
NeverKnowsBest, seems like you didn't get my first message. I can't keep up with this thread, I rarely visit the Fox boards.

I'm giving it to you. Just CP it, and I will delete this topic.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
MK and Falco's don't = skill =D!

They = people who can't play Fox.
I beg to differ. You gotta roll with the guy who says "I'm on your side, Einstein!" in Starfox 64.
Although Falco isn't as fun to play as Fox it's true...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^Lol =D I joke =D

To be honest Falco is effing amazing. I just usually use that joke for Meta Knight.

Like "Meta Knight is for people who can't play Fox."

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Meta Knight has something to say to you and the rest of SWF

His word is spreading...

monkeyx4

Smash Ace