• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fox mains r cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Fox mains need a secondary vs Chu and Sheik (2/8 matchups), preferably IC too (3/7). Either that, or double main along with someone that at least goes even with those 3.

Fox is a very good character, but you can't win Fox-only.
fox can beat ics if u play it masashi's style back in melee. The match last forever though. I still recommend a secondary though. Like zelda or something.

Fox can't beat a good pika/sheik though. I just do sheik ditto and go zelda vs pikachu.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Yeah and don't quit on Fox either and make HIM your secondary.
*runs*.....:rotfl:

im working on making my Snake a legit main of mine, im very good at tech chasing but the rest i just fail at lol...Fox as a secondary really works well, he can destroy characters on counter pick stages and is good to catch people offguard since like 10ppl play him well

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
Fox mains need a secondary vs Chu and Sheik (2/8 matchups), preferably IC too (3/7). Either that, or double main along with someone that at least goes even with those 3.

Fox is a very good character, but you can't win Fox-only.
fox can beat ics if u play it masashi's style back in melee. The match last forever though. I still recommend a secondary though. Like zelda or something.

Fox can't beat a good pika/sheik though. I just do sheik ditto and go zelda vs pikachu.
exactly. Fox mains, get a legit secondary.
Yeah and don't quit on Fox either and make HIM your secondary.
Main : Fox
Secondaries : R.O.B. Toon, Wolf, The King, Meta-bytes, Ganon == Are those legit secondaries? XDXDXD

Lightning93

Smash Champion
*runs*.....:rotfl:

im working on making my Snake a legit main of mine, im very good at tech chasing but the rest i just fail at lol...Fox as a secondary really works well, he can destroy characters on counter pick stages and is good to catch people offguard since like 10ppl play him well
Fox is also a really good main. He deals combos like a man, kills relatively quick, gimps fairly well, has a modest ability to camp without being an a**, catches people of guard, and is one of the sexiest characters in the game. Albeit for a few horrible matchups, using Fox well is really a privilege and responsibility.

But if you wanna go ahead and ignore that calling, don't try and sneak it in.

And I'm glad R00ki3 decided to just come out with telling us that he still mains Fox. GG.

moogle

Smash Ace
My Genesis story... 4th in pools in every event.... and top 3 advance. >_<

Brawl teams I got gypped hard. Me and George (Alabama Kirby player) lost to Hylian+Sethlon and Hall+Oats, each set was 1-2. We beat Praxis+KosMos and every other team. We ended up tied for 3rd with Praxis and KosMos, but they advanced and we didn't. Doesn't matter that we beat them head-to-head... doesn't matter that we had 10 game wins, and they had 9.... the tie break was winning percentage. We were 10-7 (59% wins), they were 9-4 (69% wins). No hard feelings, except to the person who decided on that rule.

Brawl singles I lost to Zax (#3 on NorCal power rankings? He beat Reflex in brackets), Teba (a Metaknight somewhere on SoCal power ranks), and Yoshq (a good Luigi).

Melee... somewhat similar story in pools. Played against Zhu and didn't do badly. Played against Taj+DoH in teams, which didn't go well. :p

Anyways... Mango vs Armada was worth the price of admission.... along with the California weather and In-N-Out Burger. ;)

Oh uhh.... I really should have tried to meet some Brawl Fox mains at the tourney. Sorry :dizzy:

Tylerfxm

Smash Rookie
NNID
twixfxm
3DS FC
0447-6758-8304
fox is my main and i'm pretty good with him. but i honestly dont see him winning many tournaments. Its not impossible but its very unlikely. for casual players fox can be deadly. Unfortunately for hardcore tournament players it's gonna take alot of skill and mind games in order to defeat good players characters that have more of an advantage. Fox's approach isn't so great and can easily be countered by anyone that knows how fox plays. In the hands of a really good fox its possible to win. But to outlast so many other hardcore players whose characters have better approaches. I think it is very unlikely to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom