• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox is bad now?

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
You honestly didn't expect this to happen? In SSBM he ***** hardcore, so the developers got overzealous in nerfing him. It was bound to happen.

.CMW.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
You honestly didn't expect this to happen? In SSBM he ***** hardcore, so the developers got overzealous in nerfing him. It was bound to happen.

.CMW.
orly? well then i guess CF and JP also ***** hardcore in melee so they went down to practically the bottom for brawl. :confused:

/rant

back on Fox, no he doesn't suck now. hes still good, just some changes here and there and some really stupid matchups, do not fight pikachu w/ Fox. lol

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
where have you been? JP was the air god in Melee lol. It was an average very good character in Melee. where do you think WoP came from.

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
She had WoP yes. Air goddess yes. Staple character yes. But good? After watching the Fox and Shiek and Marth and Falco players in SSBM, she isn't near them at all.

.CMW.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Peach is also part of the top 5 of Melee. and no, while not near them it can stand up to them and the rest of the cast very well in Melee. besides JP WoP's all the top except Peach. in melee staple character was fine. brawl is more: "if your not god, then you suck"

but back to Fox this is not the JP boards lol.

Zephil

Smash Ace
I remember seeing in the last list they made of melee that one of the 10 top players in USA used Jigglypuff... sorry but don't remember his name

.CMW.

Smash Apprentice
Okay, maybe I got a little carried away. Fox is by no means bad but he isn't good either. He is a staple character, but as was stated before, that isn't good enough in Brawl.

Oh by the way, have you seen what they did to his laser's range? WTF?

.CMW.

*Yeah I posted in red this time, big whoop, wanna fight about it?*

punked_25

Smash Cadet
Okay, maybe I got a little carried away. Fox is by no means bad but he isn't good either. He is a staple character, but as was stated before, that isn't good enough in Brawl.

.CMW.

You're digging yourself a hole here mate...get out of it while you still can.

Fox has a lot of potential and IS a good character.

soul ark

Smash Ace
fox isn't bad at all in the right hands he can handle any match up with ease and prowess problem is theres not many hands.

fox has almost no representation in torneys. it's rare to see fox and it's almost impossible to see a good fox place well. there's few skilled hands playing as him. take for example this.

in new york myself and rookie are names solely on the fact that we are dedicated fox mains, even if we were to play on a sub par level we would still be known.

if there were more people to break the mold and start playing fox we might actually see him place higher on the tier list. because he's basicly on even with all of the cast except pikachu and zzs but even then it's possible to rack up damage at the speed of light.

so come on step it up, and show them your moves.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I'm working on the tournament placing problem, I've only just started attending local tournaments (there aren't many here in the pacific NW).

Fox is by no means a bad character, he can be downright dangerous in good hands. There just aren't many of them. I know of only two dedicated tournament-going Fox mains in the state of Oregon, one of them being myself.

PaintedGhost

Smash Journeyman
fox isn't bad at all in the right hands he can handle any match up with ease and prowess problem is theres not many hands.

fox has almost no representation in torneys. it's rare to see fox and it's almost impossible to see a good fox place well. there's few skilled hands playing as him. take for example this.

in new york myself and rookie are names solely on the fact that we are dedicated fox mains, even if we were to play on a sub par level we would still be known.

if there were more people to break the mold and start playing fox we might actually see him place higher on the tier list. because he's basicly on even with all of the cast except pikachu and zzs but even then it's possible to rack up damage at the speed of light.

so come on step it up, and show them your moves.
Pikachu, lawl.
WUT!?

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Fox got nerfed, but he isn't that bad, He is a decent character, at least his Fair got buffed

Fenrir VII

Smash Master

I believe you misspelled that word...It's overrated.

He shouldn't even be in middle.

And Falcon was good in SSBM but got nerfed. Jigg has always sucked. lol.

.CMW.
She had WoP yes. Air goddess yes. Staple character yes. But good? After watching the Fox and Shiek and Marth and Falco players in SSBM, she isn't near them at all.

.CMW.

.CMW.

Sigh... i'll hold off for now, but please... just stop talking about things you don't know. Go away and forget this happened and save what little dignity you have left.

btw, Pika is a bad match, but if it's not a Pika main...and just somebody who knows about the CP matchup, I'll play the match. I'm not that scared about it. It is possible to just avoid a non-pika main's grabs... because they don't know any setups and will just try to shield everything. Against a main, yeah, I'd pretty much never use Fox. : P

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Fox pretty much sucks. It's pointless to main him, as he only has a few decent matchups against the high teirs, and gets ***** by MK. Fox goes roughly even with DDD, Rob, and Snake. Loses badly to MK, Falco, G&W. Moreover, he has two terrible matchups (Pika, ZSS). This is not a good character. Fox is definately either in low mid tier or high low tier, and that's pretty bad.

On the other topic, wtf are you guys talking about staple characters like? I can see no definition that includes both fox and jiggs that fits the essence of the word "staple". Jiggs was actually a pretty decent character in melee, and had amazing players that played her (i.e. Mango and King). No one amazing plays fox, except for the occasional lucien, and he doesn't main fox.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox pretty much sucks. It's pointless to main him, as he only has a few decent matchups against the high teirs, and gets ***** by MK. Fox goes roughly even with DDD, Rob, and Snake. Loses badly to MK, Falco, G&W. Moreover, he has two terrible matchups (Pika, ZSS). This is not a good character. Fox is definately either in low mid tier or high low tier, and that's pretty bad.
I disagree with this.

Fox has an advantage match against both MK and Falco... imo of course... GW is not a terrible loss....although it is adv GW.

I don't think he should move down in the tier list at all...

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Fox pretty much sucks. /rant
I don't know why, but I find this pretty hilarious. Actually, I do know why.

I remember going on a similar rant and Ankoku pointed out your criticisms of it, saying I didn't know what I was talking about and that Fox was really good. I also remember Ankoku saying you were going to main Fox just to prove to the nay-sayers just how broken he could be.

Funny how much your opinion changes when you actually play, doesn't it? You are slightly harsh though, as I was. Fox will probably land himself in the mid-mid category when all is said and done.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I lol'ed CMW, you don't know what you're talking about.
either he does and hes just posting dumb for ***** and giggles, or he really doesn't know what hes talking about. either way hes not winning anyone over, but the Fox players who can't adapt to brawl Fox.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Funny how much your opinion changes when you actually play, doesn't it? You are slightly harsh though, as I was. Fox will probably land himself in the mid-mid category when all is said and done.

Honestly, I like Fox's potential.
who knows where he will end up? I think he can do very well in this game, so I keep playing him.

Scotu is very cynical, though. I don't really get that part.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Honestly, I like Fox's potential.
who knows where he will end up? I think he can do very well in this game, so I keep playing him.

Scotu is very cynical, though. I don't really get that part.
I see plenty of potential in Fox too, but I also see more potential in quite a few other characters. Maybe Fox will end up breaking into high tier, but it's something I don't see happening when looking at other characters.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Fox is good, but CPing against him is ridiculously easy.

And against characters that you would choose Fox for the purpose of CPing, there are better choices.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman

.CMW.

Hey are you that guy who came to the falcon thread and posted Falcon isn't good? Oh Btw Foxs is still a beast Sonic,falcon,fox. Fox is pretty high if you know how to use him. Thats just me though.

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Fox is an awesome character. He doesn't need those stupid CG to deal 60+ damages he just need to combo =]

I play with fox and the only hard matchup I have except for pikachu (but who uses pika anyway) is Toon Link that ***** loves to spam and he outspams fox easily. It's easy to say ''Spam your blaster'' but it just doesn't work well against TL. Except for him and some few others like Marth and R.O.B. my Fox pretty much does the job.

I found out as well that Fox in team is awesome, Partner Grabs>USmash is just to good. I'd say fox deserves a better place in the tier list mostly Mid high since he can do combos of 60+ damages easily and can USmash from 90% a lot characters. And his blaster is a good move when you Usmashed too many times and wanna do variety.

Imo, Fox>Falco =]

Top Bottom