• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

another stickywalk. you have to do it at a certain time. there might be more than one window you can do it in, not entirely sure.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
wow I have no idea how to do it LOL I seriously can't make it work. it's not a technical problem it's like a brain technical problem, I can't even visualize how to move my hands, I just tried different **** and timing but nothing worked. oh well...not exactly useful to be able to do lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think its

Forward -> backward *(basic moonwalk)* -> forward *(sticky walk)* -> backward *(dash turn around)* -> repeat

could be wrong.

ForeverOdd

Smash Rookie
yah if you are spot dodging on accident then the secret is to JUMP FIRST..... i had that problem (not that i didnt try to jump, just when i tried to do it fast i pressed down B -> jump)
I was wondering if you (or anyone else) had a video on Shine OoS. I really can't get the shine off close enough to the ground. Still working on it though.

Sorry to be annoying! haha

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
MW looks better when you just ignore that there is anyone else in the world and pretend like were the pinnacle of the metagame.

TOMACAWK VS VOORHEESE = IMPOSSIBLY EPIC TECH OFF!!!!!!!!!

PK Webb

Smash Champion
How do u double shine I can only shine and wavedash in place and shine so how do u double shine

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
To double shine, you have to:

1. shine
2. jump
3. immediately after you jump, (you only get a certain number of frames, i forget how many) Shine again
4. repeat steps #2 and #3

Tomacawk

Smash Master
lol thanks I just wish I was more than flashy =\
I'll be good by the end of '10, I promise
voorhese we've still never recorded fox dittos

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Use whatever button you can make it work with.
i use up for falco multishines, i use y for fox, and i use cstick up for shine oos with fox

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Tomacawk u r the best.....i think u answered every question ive ever asked...and i can double shine about every 4 outta 7 time already

TresChikon

Smash Lord
During transformations in PS, I try to do that shine thing where the hexagon doesn't appear, but I'm not sure how to do it correctly since sometimes it doesn't work.

Can someone clarify it for me?

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
What is a good way to approach other than a SHFFL'd N-air? I tried searching smashboards, but the search option wasn't working for me:mad:. Any answers would be greatly appreciated!

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
I'm a forgetful person sometimes, and I'm also fairly new, so, at least I know what to do now, along with not getting grabbed. Thanks for the replies. :) Also, what was I thinking approaching Marth! *smacks self on the head*

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm a forgetful person sometimes, and I'm also fairly new, so, at least I know what to do now, along with not getting grabbed. Thanks for the replies. :) Also, what was I thinking approaching Marth! *smacks self on the head*
It's cool. I've been playing this game competitively for like 3-4 months and I still make the stupidest mistakes... like illusioning through peach lawl :laugh:

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
ive been playing for a year and a half and cant waveshine backwards towards the right.

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
It's cool. I've been playing this game competitively for like 3-4 months and I still make the stupidest mistakes... like illusioning through peach lawl :laugh:
Well its even worse when you get unlucky enough to illusion off of the stage(happens less and less everyday:laugh:). At least you can go out and be competitive, I never get to play any1 where I'm at because of how rural it is here. All I got are stupid computers to play, so boring! I'm gonna get me some grilled cheese, mmmm tasty!

Turazrok

Smash Master
Well its even worse when you get unlucky enough to illusion off of the stage(happens less and less everyday:laugh:). At least you can go out and be competitive, I never get to play any1 where I'm at because of how rural it is here. All I got are stupid computers to play, so boring! I'm gonna get me some grilled cheese, mmmm tasty!
I just go to brawl tourneys and bring a melee setup. 90% of the time there is someone there who used to be/is decent at melee.

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
Well up where I'm at, there are no tourneys, Brawl or Melee. Period. Which f***ing sux.
I only got my bro to play against, but if I wanna play 1v1, he starts whining, he only wants to play 2v2 against 2 lvl 9 comps. Me=ultimate boredom:(.

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
I felt I needed a new post for this question because the statement before was getting cluttered.

What should I do against someone who is on a platform above me and they are ready to attack if I jump to get them? There is no specific character in mind.

I know I'm asking alot of specific questions, so plz don't get all yelling-like.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
If u HAVE to get him jump shine is probably safe or drillshine.....but if they r expectin that don't go get them and runaway....fire off a few lasers so they come for u

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
you don't want them directly above you on a platform. You can camp the opposite corner and be safe. If they try to fall through, they can't hit you. Anything they can do you can react and space/punish.

If you really want to attack them (they left themselves open in some way) use a fast high priority move like bair. Most likely they will do something to temporarily save themselves, such as shield or jump over it. Once you've established your positioning on the platform, cover their escape options. If they are in the air, pressure their jump. If they are in their shield.... well you know what to do :)

Zyzyx77

Smash Cadet
Well I wasn't saying I had to jump to get him, I was asking if running to the side or anywhere else that wasn't under them was a good option. Also, I know what I want to do if I want to be risky!

Tomacawk

Smash Master
thanks Webb, but raynex puts in a lot more to this thread than I do, even if he hasn't been active lately. I guess I just happen to be on when you ask questions >.>

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well I wasn't saying I had to jump to get him, I was asking if running to the side or anywhere else that wasn't under them was a good option. Also, I know what I want to do if I want to be risky!
Did i not answer your questions?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Yeah, I made it to brackets. I got 3rd seed, losing to DEHF's Falco (MAD BEAST) and Scar. I played Vanz first round brackets, Armada second round (recorded set which I almost won :(), and Vidjo in losers.

3 Peaches in a row. By the time I got to Vidjo I couldn't shoot anymore and just got fed up and ran in. I ended up losing obviously. lol

I remember talking to Watty, L0zr, and a bunch of other people who didn't make it out of round 3 pools.

Top Bottom