• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Marth: LS edgehog. If Marth makes it, LH Bair. There's other options, but usually I don't know until dealing with it then and there

DK: Fullhop Nair out at him, or LH Uair/Bair from under. (The main problem with these is the timing to hit the center away from his arms during his monkeycopter)

Samus: Walljump shine or shine Bair is fun esp when they try to grapple.
I'm talking about using your brain to edge-guard. Not walljump shinespike on Samus. lol

Why would you uair Dk if you're trying to keep him off the stage? Alright even if it was a good idea, what would you do if you knocked him off at say...50-70%, still going to uair?

When I asked the question I said things that aren't lightshield vs. Marth. Thats one of the most prevalent edge-guard tactics in that match-up, if not the only one. >_>

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Guys how do I counter falcon's shffl nair?
Fulljump nair can outprioritize it sometimes but if they retreat a little bit so they hit you with the top of the tip (lol) of his legs his nair will win
Sure you can just space yourself better then he does, just wondering if there are other ways to combat it (priority-wise, mostly)
DD->grab can work but it's hard to time it. CC is good aswell but i'd rather just outprioritize it somehow if possible

marth: if he plans to wallride you could simply run off and do a stagespike bair on his ***. I don't think the sword will hit you if he wallrides since you hit him from behind idk i just thought of it now
it's very risky, suicidal and prolly really bad but atleast it's innovative lol

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Guys how do I counter falcon's shffl nair?
Fulljump nair can outprioritize it sometimes but if they retreat a little bit so they hit you with the top of the tip (lol) of his legs his nair will win
Sure you can just space yourself better then he does, just wondering if there are other ways to combat it (priority-wise, mostly)
DD->grab can work but it's hard to time it. CC is good aswell but i'd rather just outprioritize it somehow if possible

marth: if he plans to wallride you could simply run off and do a stagespike bair on his ***. I don't think the sword will hit you if he wallrides since you hit him from behind idk i just thought of it now
it's very risky, suicidal and prolly really bad but atleast it's innovative lol
Good Marths will tech. There is a reason no one really does that. lol

Vs. Darkrain I just sat there and traded his nair with my usmash. I was always trading up, because I got either a kill or a combo. CC nair to shine or grab at lower percents. Shine is easier so I'd suggest you do that. It'll train Falcon to not run at you and spam nair, so you'll have an easier time as a whole if you start doing that. Or just roll behind him. :laugh: Thats what I do when Falco/Falcon spams moves in my direction.

I don't see the significance of your first comment lol.
I was just saying, what's the point of being that redundant.

Purple name symbolizes Smash Back Room status.
I'm a mod as well. =o

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Not worth the risk. PC takes a huge chance by guessing m2k will miss his sweetspot. If M2k gets the edge right then PC is way too close to the edge aka gimp proximity. The only thing I think PC is doing right is spamming shield when edge-guarding marth. He waits for either a WD on the stage or an aerial and does a move oos to counter.

I talked to PC on aim and even he admitted he doesn't really know what to do vs. marth on edge-guard. Its all freestyle.
PC was the only Pro who had the balls to attack M2k at the edge even if M2k already grabbed it. That's pretty amazing.

A lot consider me the most technical in terms of execution.
As for skill, I'd like to think I'm good =)
We'll see how I do at CAST4

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
...>_>

Silent Wolf is by far one of most technical players I've ever seen. I don't think it really helps him alot in tournies and stuff but its really cool.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If LOLMaster could translate his smashboard mindgames to melee mindgames, he would be the best player in the world.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Platform techchasing options?
Like say you're CG'ing a falco in the middle of dremland, and he DI's towards a platform to tech it. What are the best options in your opinion? Are there some godly set-ups that covers lots of options?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I just try to hit them as soon as their invincibility wears off. Usually nair, sometimes waveland grab/usmash. If they don't tech, just hit them right away. If they tech in a direction, wait for the move to be about half finished, then hit them. If they tech in place, your best bet is to use a move that has a hitbox that stays out for a while, otherwise it's hard to time it so you hit them before they can move.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Platform techchasing options?
Like say you're CG'ing a falco in the middle of dremland, and he DI's towards a platform to tech it. What are the best options in your opinion? Are there some godly set-ups that covers lots of options?
Dair them, then Usmash to something else. I spam uair though. Uthrow to platform, chase->uair. If they don't d.i. grab or utilt, if they do waveland onto the next platform and continue.

Top Bottom