• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Bones0

Smash Legend
Not ego. Just salty that like 2 weeks ago I watched an epic 3-hour stream and posted about it and no one commented on it. >________>

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
:pimp:
people actually use the ignore feature? i wanna see the list of most ignored accounts

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Doubleshine on spacies by the ledge in general is really good. Usually they don't touch the ground so they don't get a chance to tech or green-bounce (idk the technical term for that lol).

Lovage

Smash Hero
Advice plz! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CxvQckvgpk&feature=g-all-u&context=G23b39a7FAAAAAAAAEAA

I noticed SW and sveet talking about their "focus" and i was wondering that if i remember a lot of the stuff that was said in the background then i assume i wasn't focusing hard enough was i?
watched this set, good **** clutching it at the end, here's some advice:

i counted 3 times that you were recovering above the ledge with falcon too far to edge guard and you up+b'd onto the stage instead of going to the ledge for a sweetspot. this is super risky and there's rarely any times i would advise it.

you seem good/comfortable at getting up from the ledge anyway (especially since you were going there just to reset situations a lot of times - sometimes a bad thing but it was ok in this set,) so you really shouldn't take the chance of him edgeguarding your on-stage up+b and just go for the safe option and sweetspot the ledge.

besides that tho, good stuff. only general advice i would give is you need to make your shield pressure immaculate. right now it's pretty good, but i see plenty of holes in your pressure and bad decisions being made that give your opponent lots of chances to jump out/roll out.

voorhese

Smash Master
watched this set, good **** clutching it at the end, here's some advice:

i counted 3 times that you were recovering above the ledge with falcon too far to edge guard and you up+b'd onto the stage instead of going to the ledge for a sweetspot. this is super risky and there's rarely any times i would advise it.

you seem good/comfortable at getting up from the ledge anyway (especially since you were going there just to reset situations a lot of times - sometimes a bad thing but it was ok in this set,) so you really shouldn't take the chance of him edgeguarding your on-stage up+b and just go for the safe option and sweetspot the ledge.

besides that tho, good stuff. only general advice i would give is you need to make your shield pressure immaculate. right now it's pretty good, but i see plenty of holes in your pressure and bad decisions being made that give your opponent lots of chances to jump out/roll out.
Thanks. Tbh the nerves were getting to me and my controller may have affected my recoveries. Most of those were supposed to be angled very slightly down. I would like to say the same for the shield pressure, but I don't think that is the case. I also feel like i needed more shine grabs once I had him afraid to get out of his shield with out me letting him out. I will work on both of those things thanks a lot!

also to follow up, the controller i am using is fairly new, and when i switched to it i had a hard time doing slight directions (for quick reverse uptilts/recoveries etc.) this has never happened to me before when it comes to new controllers has anyone had this happen?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Ya I did see a lot when you bair to shine his shield, you tried to continue to attack him where he was not after his roll. Sometimes you have to stop after the shine and read that roll or jump if it occurs.

Top Bottom