• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
lol sry scotu, hah even tho i can't beat you in smash i can beat you in smashboards(lol jk*)...post count right now is exactly 13.94, ...i'm 13...14 on november 30(hell i'm a 13 year old freshman)...lets talk about this stuff at your meet&greet forum, i don't think we will be appreciated talkin about this stuff here, lol your meet and greet is prolly the biggest one.

scotu dude named blackadder has 26 posts per day, it used to be 40.

Shök

Smash Champion
lol. so what was the longest drill shine you pulled off on somebody?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
On the topic of Drillshining, and SDIing:
I still don't believe you. :)

How did you ASDI in AR? The C-stick is disabled...unless there's a way to enable it I don't know about. And more importantly, this image doesn't detail the trajectory of Fox. You have to DI left to some extent depending on how much momentum he's carrying. I mean the Fox should DI left if Peach gets to his other side. Who cares if noone can react that fast... This image is rigged. ;)

Tell me how to ASDI in AR and I'll test this myself.

And Brawlpro, why the hell would you drillshine someone for a minute? I smell bull****.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
shai hulud and dawn001, before you agrue, try testing it first.

You both made yourself look quite dumb, especially with what scotu and ankoku are showing.
What did I say that would make me look dumb? The details of the reverse drillshine are not well-known and it's hardly unreasonable for me to be skeptical about conclusive claims regarding whether it's a true infinite, particularly considering the information previously propagated by certain respected, authoritative figures, and its weight in comparison to that of a relative newcomer.

Whether ultimately Scotu is right or not has no bearing on whether I should have believed him four or five pages ago. It's possible to make the correct decision/judgment and still have a negative outcome. Like going all-in on pocket aces and losing to three-of-a-kind...it's the right call even if you lose.

[/rant]

Sorry to go off-topic Mr. Silent Wolf sir.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you knew what ASDI was, you'd realize that it is just senses the direction of the control stick on the last frame of hitlag (the c-stick out priorities the control stick here). So if someone was just jamming their control stick to try to SDI, they're likely going to get an ASDI in that direction as well. For reference that image was taken the frame before fox hit the ground, so he didn't have any more motion. That's just a well placed last hit of the drill, which the peach escapes through the longer method (as opposed to the shorter distance she'd have to go in the other direction). Go ahead try it out. SDI's broken at escaping drills.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I fail. For some reason I thought ASDI required the C-stick...probably from reading about double stick teching. Anyway, thanks for setting me straight.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
I got the ***** up to 150% (from zero, as a true combo, in training mode) before usmash using the horizontal drillshine two days ago. woot woot.
I'm more technical ^^ *practices turn around waveshines*

Oskurito

Smash Lord
*still messes up the wavedash after the turn around* Hey yo SW I like you to watch my vids if you have time

Shök

Smash Champion
silent wolf, i have been watching your matches recently vs genesis, vs eggz, your amazing man, how did you become like that, do you have any advice silent wolf? lol>> *Doesn't need to practice turn around waveshines* lol oskuritolol *still messes up the wavedash after the turn around* just practice man, practice makes perfect

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Hey yo check out my vids for advice shok(my new ones) and thanks for the comments on youtube brawlpro

Shök

Smash Champion
all right oskurito, i have only been playing for like 2 to 4 months.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Someone asked how long I've been playing? difficult question. I've been a casual noob for ~5 years. I heard of advanced techniques last october, and i attended my first tournament in april.

Lol @ LunIn.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
even though no one asked i don't wanna feel left out:

i have been playing for 4 years, i was young and stupid back then, i thought just beatin all star without taking any damage on hard made me the best in the world...but that was years ago...

i learned advanced techniques before summer started...and i still have yet to attend my first tourney...

"new vidz up real soon, including me playin my falco if anyone cares"

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
Silent Wolf, I've been having trouble against ganon lately (Linguini to be specific). Do you have any advice on how to beat ganon? If you could also enlighten me on effective combos vs. ganon that would help too...

Top Bottom