• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He's the guy who 5-stocked someone four times in a row in a $70 money match, right? He's really fast, like a tree.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
yeah, he's cool, he just needs to slow down a little tho(jk*;))
Yeah, too fast, guess that's why no one notices him. He's like an assassin in the shadows. lol :)

Edit: Guess people do notice him. He's just not talked about much. Yeah, that must be it.:)

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
wtf is Ankoku doing posting in the Fox boards? jk. I don't care where you post... it's just... you don't play fox... ever.

Edit: on pivot grabbing: First you pivot, then you grab. Simple.

Ok. Tree Grabbing (by Phanna): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6OsFK0ce4E
What's a pivot grab? Is it pivoting, but grabbing instead of smashing? :confused:
K, thnx guyz, just needed to make sure of myself, i thought it was somethin else for a while...
scotu, thnx for the link...tree grabing???

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Wow, FLT even has a technique named after him. How come I never knew about it? lol
Man, I love his name! It's fitting and humorous at the same time!

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Press X then down B while shielding(imagine the same speed you have to input when doing JC shines). And what about my fox? :(

Oskurito

Smash Lord
SW made a new thread with all the other threads that were stickied so the Thunder's combo thread must be there. Thunder's combo is just waveshine>jab>uair>upsmash>grab and then do whatever you want to do(uptilt regrab, to give you an idea) also it can be drillshine>jab>uair>grab but it requires no DI from your opponent(for the grab)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's true. The key is to seek out the players that you want to play, find them, and play them. I believe there is also a link to the shield shining thread in SW's guide links.

Ah, i take that back, there is no link to it.

brawlpro

Smash Master
i prolly should friendly those two before the tourney just in case, i mean anther can beat scotu, and i can't compare myself to scotu, while mathos plays all smart, it'l just be great, after i loose, i can friendly even more. maybe i'll get better who knows, well thnx for the advice and stuff. I'm gonna go see the thunder combo thread...and the sheild shining thread(crap, no sheild shining link).

Shök

Smash Champion
well how do you train with computers. yeah, were going to smash today at a library, a whole bunch of people

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
CPU's, though hopelessly stupid, are very useful for practicing technical aspects of the game. Anything from consistent SHFFLing to drillshine/waveshine/multishine/THE INVINCIBLE SHINETANK combos. Since Fox is one of those characters that at the minimum demand technical skill to play properly, practicing with a CPU for a half hour or so a day is useful.

Shök

Smash Champion
you have a pretty nice fox oskurito, how do you practice againts computers?

Oskurito

Smash Lord
you have a pretty nice fox oskurito, how do you practice againts computers?
LOL I practice most of my tech skills on non-moving targets(I plug another controller and play on melee for C-stick to be able to use) sometimes I play against lvl 9 cpus to kill the boredom. I play with my friends only on weekends

Oskurito

Smash Lord
what do you mean tech skill exacly?
Waveshines, drillshines, shine combos, drillshine infinites into JC up smash(I had reached 300% pillaring only) uh anything that involves the hardest stuff mostly. It's good to increase the consistency with the techniques.

Shök

Smash Champion
hmmm, i see. you must have fast fingers, im working on my waveshine, i need the waveshine lenght to be bigger.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I got the ***** up to 150% (from zero, as a true combo, in training mode) before usmash using the horizontal drillshine two days ago. woot woot.

Shinetank refers to multishining in motion as done in perfect control. It's not invincible.

btw, i practice in training mode w/ fox, since shine combos don't need the cstick (mostly).

I guess this is technically an advice thread, so anyone with advice to help me improve, please see here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112242

Thanks.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
The extent of my training mode or cpu practice was to familiarize myself with some simple shine combos and waveshine to usmash or grab and some nair juggling. I typically almost never practice in training mode now. Instead I focus on using just enough tech skill to get by in combination with running around a lot, smart playing, and mindgames. There was a period of time when I tried to force technical stuff like infinite drill shines across FD and jc shines like scotu, but I found that i wasn't able to naturally incorporate it and that it was just keeping me from playing intelligently. So the idea is that you should learn whatever technical you need to best suit your style. For scotu it's jc shines, rshdl, and drill shining, for me it's just lc aerials to shines and an occasional sh double laser.

then again, Fox is more of a secondary character for me, so what do i know?

Jeroentjee123

Smash Rookie
Hi im new here and im a noob fox player.
I've saw some vids and i thought DARN i want to do that do.
So i really need some suggestions.

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?do...175&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

thats the vid i saw now these are my questions:

1. I really cant get a good out of the stage intercept @ my oppenent. I just fall out by myself while my oppenent is just laughing @ the stage.

2. The reflector, i think it's an pwnage move but i really suck @ doing the reflector in action. Most of the times im doing >B while i want to do a \/B attack. Some suggestions bout that would be nice.

3. Wavedashing, quick and really smooth but i hate the short hop with fox. Really need some tips about that.

4. L-Canceling, I really dont know how to do that right. I just keep failing :(.

Plz help this newbie to be a good fox player :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Just keep practicing. All you're really saying is that your technical isn't up to par yet, and you aren't quite used to SH, Shine/not Illusioning, and edgeguarding offstage.

brawlpro

Smash Master
I'm Finally An Effin Smash Apprentice!!!

well to short hop slide your thumb off of y...

l-cancleing can be practiced on a non moving target by trying to drillshine the target, if your shine comes up right after your drill kick lands then you sucesfully l-cancled, by right after i mean RIGHT AFTER. you'll c the difference if you first watch how drillshining is without l-canceling, remember u can l-cancel with l, r, and z.

practice wave dashing across final destination, slowly try to shine in between them, then slowly you'll get
the hang of it.

hope this helped you out a bit :)

just play a lot of humans as well as non moving cpu's

btw that vid u saw consists of silent wolf...practice day and night for iono maybe 2 years then you can do that stuff(jk*:)) but the stuff him and eggz do is really really hard.

Jeroentjee123

Smash Rookie
yeah i saw that he was pro yeah :). The biggest prob is. I really dont get the challange of mewto so i dont have all the chars/stages :S.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I got the ***** up to 150% (from zero, as a true combo, in training mode) before usmash using the horizontal drillshine two days ago. woot woot.

Shinetank refers to multishining in motion as done in perfect control. It's not invincible.

btw, i practice in training mode w/ fox, since shine combos don't need the cstick (mostly).

I guess this is technically an advice thread, so anyone with advice to help me improve, please see here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112242

Thanks.
Do you mean the reverse drillshine infinite? Because the horizontal one can be gotten out of with Smash DI I'm pretty sure. I've been practicing the waveshine => dair => land behind enemy => reverse waveshine => repeat. Sometimes I am able to do this for a long time (150 - 200%) while other times I can only do a few iterations before I mess up. I'm probably averaging 60ish damage.

I've been practicing this on Link and Peach, mostly, but I think it could also work on some other characters who slide farther (like Ganon or Sheik maybe) if a dash were incorporated into the combo. The wavedash incurs 10 frames of lag. Dashing before doing the SH dair would just cost 1 more frame forward and 2 in reverse (with perfect timing)...of course, this adds even more opportunities to screw up, but I think with enough practice it could be doable. Maybe I'll try this out in AR...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
doesn't matter what version of the drillshine you use, it's all SDI escapable with the same difficulty, it just matters which direction. when i was doing it, i would just push her back and forth in the same spot. All shine combo's are pretty easily escapable though, even the waveshine, so it's really important to have really clean skill.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
doesn't matter what version of the drillshine you use, it's all SDI escapable with the same difficulty, it just matters which direction. when i was doing it, i would just push her back and forth in the same spot. All shine combo's are pretty easily escapable though, even the waveshine, so it's really important to have really clean skill.
Well in the horizontal drillshine they just smash DI away and the shine won't hit, right? But if you DI into them to land behind, and they smash DI away, the shine will still hit. If you DI into them and they smash DI towards you, the shine should still hit if you are landing behind them.

dawn001

Smash Ace
well aim not sure but on captain falcon,dk,peach,link,and gano are really easy to do the infinte drill shine and is hard for them to get out and DI oof of that !! i know cause i do it all the time to the people that i play and they are not noob they know how to DI but is hard because they cant DI far enough

SCOTU

Smash Hero
You might think, but it doesn't. Since an SDI length is a little longer than the width of a drill hit, if they SDI, away from where you're going to land, they won't be hit by any more drill kicks/ shine. And there's no need to reverse waveshine for it, just turn around waveshine, so you can dash out for less tractionous characters.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
well aim not sure but on captain falcon,dk,peach,link,and gano are really easy to do the infinte drill shine and is hard for them to get out and DI oof of that !! i know cause i do it all the time to the people that i play and they are not noob they know how to DI but is hard because they cant DI far enough
The people you play do not SDI, then.

Top Bottom