• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A -Fox Advice/Questions Topic-

Shök

Smash Champion
hmmm, the thunders combo involves a lot of timing and fast fingers. so i think the wavedash timing should be it

darkangelsv1

Smash Rookie
Luck Increasment?

After I do the secret taunt (either with fox or falco), fox or falco somehow seem to get more... lucky if items are on... And by that, I mean:
-More Maxim Tomatoes fall over fox/falco
-More warpstars appear near fox/falco
-Pokeballs still have the same amount of appearing, but when thrown (by fox/falco) there's more chances of releasing a strong pokémon (Scizor, Snorlax, Charizard, etc.) or even a strong legendary pokémon (Even Celebi appears more often).
-Arwings attack your foe more than (fx/fo)

This has happened many times when I do the secret taunt (especially with falco).

You can also try to do it and research about it/watch the results.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
After I do the secret taunt (either with fox or falco), fox or falco somehow seem to get more... lucky if items are on... And by that, I mean:
-More Maxim Tomatoes fall over fox/falco
-More warpstars appear near fox/falco
-Pokeballs still have the same amount of appearing, but when thrown (by fox/falco) there's more chances of releasing a strong pokémon (Scizor, Snorlax, Charizard, etc.) or even a strong legendary pokémon (Even Celebi appears more often).
-Arwings attack your foe more than (fx/fo)

This has happened many times when I do the secret taunt (especially with falco).

You can also try to do it and research about it/watch the results.
Umm, i don't play with items on that often, when i tried this a while back, i think the arwings didn't shoot me at all, maybe i'm wrong cause this happened once a while back when i was bored, u guys can c if they shoot u or not, i got hit maybe once or twice during a 7stock match. the rest of the stuff is prolly just whack luck...i dunno.

brawlpro

Smash Master
how do you do the secret taunt exactly?
umm...u have to be on corneria or venom with fox/falco.
precisely keep on hittin left and right back and forth on the cntrl pad, not up and down, since the cntr pad is small, u mite have fox to his c'mon taunt cause u mite accidently hit up or down, but still continue to hit left and right alternatly, if fox doesn't do his reguler taunt while u r hittin cntrl pad left and right, it means ur doin it right, keep doin that then after a while fox will look like he's buildin up energy...then after like five-ten seconds, he'll get back up and salute, u can only do this once per match.

ZeroP

Smash Apprentice
@silent wolf: how did u train to gain your current level of skill? and what can i do to get my fingers faster?

Shök

Smash Champion
umm...u have to be on corneria or venom with fox/falco.
precisely keep on hittin left and right back and forth on the cntrl pad, not up and down, since the cntr pad is small, u mite have fox to his c'mon taunt cause u mite accidently hit up or down, but still continue to hit left and right alternatly, if fox doesn't do his reguler taunt while u r hittin cntrl pad left and right, it means ur doin it right, keep doin that then after a while fox will look like he's buildin up energy...then after like five-ten seconds, he'll get back up and salute, u can only do this once per match.
all right thanks. i did it ones, they told me i could do it by pressing just down.

brawlpro

Smash Master
@silent wolf: how did u train to gain your current level of skill? and what can i do to get my fingers faster?
yeah, i also wonder what silent wolf does, silent, does an ar come in handy to train in someway.

all right thanks. i did it ones, they told me i could do it by pressing just down.
no problem, and who told u to just press down?!?

Shök

Smash Champion
yeah, i also wonder what silent wolf does, silent, does an ar come in handy to train in someway.

yeah, how can you get faster

no problem, and who told u to just press down?!?
i dont know, some dude. i guess when he was pressing down, he was pressing left and right

Oskurito

Smash Lord
To do the secret taunt with fox /falco you have to press down and up on the control pad almost exactly at the same time (check out cunning kitsune's guide for info regarding on frame data) and it can be done only on corneria or venom and just once per match.

Method I use: With my thumb and my index I press both directions several times until I get it.

About the luck and all... er.. who cares...

EDIT: sorry I checked his guide... you only have to press Down for one frame 1/60, but what I said before it works for me at least...

brawlpro

Smash Master
well, the way i posted to do the secret taunt works too.

oskurito.....seen my vidz...c'mon man, my 1st tourney is in 6 days and ur fox is amazin, i read and practiced scotu's and kerp's advice(still doing so) but i would like to practice urs too.

Shök

Smash Champion
Hey, whose the fanboy.

anywayz shok192
other than what randizzle said, u can fox trot, dash dance, and wavedance aswell.
oh ok, thanks. some thing i still cant do right is the waveshine, and the drill shine, whats the best technique for you guys that can help you pull those moves off.

brawlpro

Smash Master
oh ok, thanks. some thing i still cant do right is the waveshine, and the drill shine, whats the best technique for you guys that can help you pull those moves off.
eek, oskurito and scotu can shffl their drillshines but i can't(workin on it tho, its hard for me to l-cancle a shffled drillshine), my way isn't recommended but here it is: i dbl jump>downair>l-cancle the drill kick>shine>wavedash out of the shine> then depending on the character i either do a waveshine or jc grab.
So to drillshine just get good at l-cancling.

for the wave shine, if ur new to it first practice wave dashing on final destination, then try to shine after a wave dash after u get the hang of wave dashing, i recommend u go to training mode instead of fighting a cpu obviously.
So to the waveshine just get good at wavedashing

after u have them both down, combine em'.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
shffling a drill shine isn't too bad, just break it up until you can get it. shffl a dair and lc it. Once you get that down consistently, shine right after. Use training mode and see if the combo counter increases after you shine in order to see if you're doing it correctly.

same idea with waveshining, break it down into shines and wavedashes out of shine then try it against a cpu in training mode. start with someone easy like link, then try peach, ganon, then samus. You'll need longer wavedashes and better precision to combo samus compared to link. if it combos (counter goes up), you know you're doing it right.

answering questions on the fox topic... man am i bored.

Shök

Smash Champion
lol. thanks for all the advice guys. hmmm, yeah i can waveshine alone, but i can get someone in it. most of the time, i mess up, i wavedash to short, thus causing my waveshine to stop. what buttons do you guys press exacly, which ones do you jump with x or y. do you use the L or the R n waveshines

brawlpro

Smash Master
umm, i usually jump with y, but when i am tryin to wavedash/waveshine, its easier for me when i use x to jump then press r to do the airdodge, cause x and r are right there next to each other. some ppl better than me might use the cntrl stick to do their jumps but idc, cause pressin x/y works best in my opinion. well at least i think some ppl use the cntrl stick to jump...not sure.

o dude remember to walk a lil after ur waveshine, it helps to do that if u can't wdash good, so like i said before practice wavedashing on final destination.

and...a good and easy way to get ur opponent in a shine process is to dash dance until they do a laggy move and miss, just walk up to them and shine em, and another "beginner" way is to do a dbl jump and drillshine them, after u drillshine turn it into a waveshine process.

i called this a begginer way cause the hard way for me at least is to shffl a drill shine...meaning doin it in a short hop and l-canclin it, but i think u know wat shfflin stands for.

Shök

Smash Champion
oh ok. i use the Y for my short jump and for the lasers. i dont really use the R, i just use it for shielding

Shök

Smash Champion
im not left handed. yeah, i just learned to wavedash with the L. so what are your specialties with fox?

brawlpro

Smash Master
i'm not great...sry to say. i just like to follow the steps of scotu and oskurito(really helpful ppl, not to mention great foxen), they really helped me out, i say those two have tought me most of the stuff i know, over smash boards. another helpful fella is tundravalco who recently quit fox...traitor...
anywayz sry for the left handed stuff, its hard for me to wavedash with l. anythin else.

i just like to shinespike and wavedance and stuff, if u wanna c an awesome fox, look up the creator of this thread silent wolf on youtube, dude's ****in amazin!

Yomi

Smash Cadet
I have a question about multishines. I'm looking for the opinion of some of the more experienced Fox players. What is the practical in game use of the multishine? I don't think I've actually ever seen a match where someone used it effectively (except to effectively show-off after a KO). Can some one give me some scenarios where it might be useful? Thanks.

Shök

Smash Champion
hmmm, the way i multishine is the easy way, thats what ive been told. you shine, then immediatly press up as fast as you can and shine again. oyu got it? down-b, up on the control stick as fast as you can, the down-b again. once you learn the technique its easy

Yomi

Smash Cadet
That match was pretty impressive, but where did the multishine actually benefit him? He usually only did the second shine after hitting with the first shine. I've never seen a match where a Fox uses the multi-shine to pressure the other player's shield, which is the only use I could think of. Or maybe using constant multishines to edgeguard or pin against a wall? That seems a little unnecessary.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
drillshine infiniting (how i do it anyway):
Step 1: land a shine - many people overlook this part, but it's actually the most important part. A low % nair, or a dair (@any %) work well.
Step 2: waveshine - wavedash out of the shine. Perfect wavedashes required for all less tractionous than sheik.
Step 3: Dash (optional) - for all characters less tractionous than sheik, you need to dash. To dash after the waveshine, release the side direction immediately after performing the wavedash, then jam side again at the right time.
Step 4: shffl drillshine - SH however you like (preferably w/ x or y), press down before you leave the ground, press z the frame you leave the ground. Control your aerial motion to head towards the center of them (or behind for inversion).
Step 5: Profit. - do it some more, or do it into a usmash or grab.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, fox can sorta pillar with drillshine then multishine then repeat...i guess its prolly to show off...its really hard to say, anywayz thnx for ur help shok, i need to work on it before the tournament.
See guide on shield pressure for more details. Double post for laziness.

Randizzle

Smash Ace
the drillshine infinite becomes really difficult to pull off if you play anyone with the mind to SDI the drill kicks, so it's typically better to just waveshine.

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
guys, i really need help with backair approaches. how do i make approaches more versatile with backairs? i guess i'm too nair, drill, shine, smash, grab, jump behind and backair oriented. i seem to really only backair when i'm trying to reverse positions on the ledge (usually when they're shielding), combos, or attacking above and behind me on a platform.

i guess this is kind of a silly and basic question, but for the life of me i can't seem to integrate more aggressive bairs into my game

Yomi

Smash Cadet
When much of the time you might dash away and laser, or dash away and dash back in, try dashing away into a SHBair to try to catch them chasing you. I like to Bair a lot to attack people on platforms above me and also to attack people below me from platforms. Also, when you might use a Nair while jumping forward, instead use the C-stick and do a Bair to increase the range of your attack.

4 Aces

Smash Ace
Just curious, but what do you guys think of FastLikeTree? I personally love watching him in matches, because he seriously pwns. He has an over-aggressive Fox, which just overwhelms all of his adversaries. He's one of my favorite Foxes to watch, other than Silent Wolf of course. =) I'm asking this because I just never hear him ever being mentioned.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Trees are d*mn fast. Yeah. He is fun to watch. He inspired me to learn to pivot grab. Now I tree grab a ton.

Top Bottom