• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Even if Pro Ban is the majority, I doubt it will be a two-thirds.

I'm worried about how people will respond to this. Will alot of people quit?

Scipion121212

Smash Apprentice
I think he shouldn't be banned.

If you have the skill you can beat MK. That's all it really is, anyone can beat anyone if you practice and get better. So what's the point?
Man, no one approves your disregard.
If HE have freking skill and you aren´t MK, HE can beat YOU.
I will not continue my response for politeness´ sake.

EDIT:
dragonblooded:
They should do it other way around, anti-ban must get two-thirds or MK gets banned.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
It's stil far too early guys, like M2K said - Metaknight has evolved the fasest of any other character in the game, and this is obviously because he's the best and probably easiest to use.

The game has been out for a little over a year and no one is even close to reaching the same character potential players like M2K and Tyrant have reached except for Ally with his Snake.

Take into consideration, Mikehaze and myself are considered top Marths, yet in my opnion our current status with Marth is probably like 50% of what Jason has reached with his main.

The game is still growing and we're all just starting to actually really get good. You kids need to stop b1tching and give it some time.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Take into consideration, Mikehaze and myself are considered top Marths, yet in my opnion our current status with Marth is probably like 50% of what Jason has reached with his main.
Yea.
And even then you and MikeHaze beat top Meta Knights with Marth (whose mains say that Meta Knight is one of his hardest matchups, if not THE hardest) pretty constantly...
:V

Flayl

Smash Hero
This is going to be drowned out by posts of whether MK is banworthy or not. The community needs to know what efforts these players have gone through to beat Meta Knight:

Peach, Marth and R.O.B. players: Did you pick a secondary for MK before voting?

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Just wanted to point this out:

Pro ban:
Metaknight holds roughly 22% of ALL tournament places, the most of any characters. 22/100 doesn't seem like much, but this is a single character taking nearly 1/4th of ALL tournament PLACEMENTS... out of 36 characters.

Anti ban:
Addressing over-centralization, of the 570 observations from the chart of tournament placements above, only 123 of them are Metaknight. This means that roughly 22% of tournament placements are Metaknight, even at top level play where Metaknight is the most threatening. The game cannot revolve around beating a character that takes about 1/5th of the highest tournaments placements
yes pro ban rounded up and anti rounded down
in fact its closer to 1/5th than 1/4th

noradseven

Smash Lord
Wow hours later still going strong, also really its only 22%, can we get statistics n how many tourny matches are played with MK, because statistically if a character is played more they will win more, such as in the tournment were everyone play ganon in AUS, ganon won O_o, and got second and 3rd infact he got all the spots in the top 8.

swordgard

Smash Hero
This is going to be drowned out by posts of whether MK is banworthy or not. The community needs to know what efforts these players have gone through to beat Meta Knight:

Peach, Marth and R.O.B. players: Did you pick a secondary for MK before voting?
Ok, il make the same assumption as you.

DK players, have you found a new secondary to beat D3???

BAN D3!!!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
It's stil far too early guys, like M2K said - Metaknight has evolved the fasest of any other character in the game, and this is obviously because he's the best and probably easiest to use.

The game has been out for a little over a year and no one is even close to reaching the same character potential players like M2K and Tyrant have reached except for Ally with his Snake.

The game is still growing and we're all just starting to actually really get good. You kids need to stop b1tching and give it some time.
This is true.

The fact that this is the "final" vote on this, and Brawl has only been out for a year and a few months is kind of ridiculous in my mind.

n88

Smash Lord
I thnk it's a bit too early to ban MK as well, but I'm not voting because I never go to any tournaments.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
before apex and genesis happened, all of proban was like "we'll see in apex and genesis. MK WILL DOMINATE" and now that its over and MK didnt dominate at all, why is this even going on?

swordgard

Smash Hero
before apex and genesis happened, all of proban was like "we'll see in apex and genesis. MK WILL DOMINATE" and now that its over and MK didnt dominate at all, why is this even going on?
Because Praxis and others believe MK proved their theory.

I fail to see how.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
[...] but I'm not voting because I never go to any tournaments.
You're a really cool guy. I like you. And no, that's not sarcasm. I truly mean that. You're probably one of the coolest and most intelligent people in this thread by just making this statement.

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
To all the pro ban people:

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Afraid of MK becoming too good
Afraid of the cp system being destroyed
Afraid of fighting him because of your character

What would you do?
Would you find new techs or even Meta Knight counterpicks?

Maybe we would. I don't know. All I know is that I am not afraid and you shouldn't be either.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Please explain where you're gettting at and what assumption I'm making.
That if a character has MK as worst matchup then MK is obviously bannable.

D3 makes many more characters have to CP, your argument is therefore bad.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend

What would you do?

Maybe we would. I don't know. All I know is that I am not afraid and you shouldn't be either.
What are you talking about?

We're not afraid of those things happening, those things ARE HAPPENING NOW. That's why we want him banned. lrn2read.

Overswarm

is laughing at you

What would you do?

I main Metaknight and live off my smash winnings.

I hate MK and want him banned, despite the fact that he is my bread winner and I probably wouldn't win nearly as often as I'd like without him.

So... I'd probably do the same stuff I'm doing now?

Flayl

Smash Hero
That if a character has MK as worst matchup then MK is obviously bannable.

D3 makes many more characters have to CP, your argument is therefore bad.
You're completely in the wrong. I have a hunch that Peach, R.O.B. and Marth players are upset that their high tier characters have a bad matchup with the best charactr in the game and are too stubborn to pick a secondary.

I made the question to figure out just how much effort those players have put into beating MK.

So see, I didn't voice any assumption, but you made one.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You're completely in the wrong. I have a hunch that Peach, R.O.B. and Marth players are upset that their high tier characters have a bad matchup with the best charactr in the game and are too stubborn to pick a secondary.

I made the question to figure out just how much effort those players have put into beating MK.

So see, I didn't voice any assumption, but you made one.
You need to point out where your point is directed at or else it can be interpreted into anything.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
It would actually be a good thing if they didn't pick up a secondary AND kept MK around.

...Yay for metagame development?

Flayl

Smash Hero
You need to point out where your point is directed at or else it can be interpreted into anything.
That's the thing, I'm not going to make a point out of an assumption that could be completely wrong.

Unlike a good amount of the posters here, I want to base my opinions off of facts.

See this is why my thread should have stayed open, but whatever.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Question: If the ban gets enough votes and is successful, will it be a perm ban or a temp ban?

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
Question: If the ban gets enough votes and is successful, will it be a perm ban or a temp ban?
the SBR will actually be re-calling every brawl disc, and will digitally burn out the information of Metaknight so that it was if he never existed.

His CSS will become a skull and crossbones, and if selected, you will play as Solimar.

link2702

Smash Champion
the ban/no ban decision REALLY shouldn't be based solely on the votes considering folks are creating alts like mad, and cuz of things like this.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29090 he just kinda ruined the whole point of the poll anyway. :/

it sholdn't have to be 2/3 of the votes, cuz not only is no one even reading the first page and actually thinkign about it before they vote, alot of em create alt accounts to just add more votes to their side....

it shouldn't be based solely on the votes.

Master Raven

Smash Master
It will be permanent unless someone discovers some ****ing crazy new methods of outright beating MK square in the face.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
It will be permanent unless someone discovers some ****ing crazy new methods of outright beating MK square in the face.
Considering noone will ever again care about Meta Knight or how to beat him, that ain't gonna happen. :3

Since, you know, noone will spend time in finding new tactics for their characters against the best one.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
There is no point to temp banning. I think this was covered in many of the other MK discussions.
I actually disagree with this. A temp ban would allow other charachter metagames to evolve more rapidly because there will be less dependence on MK counters in tourney and overall more diversity... or at least that's what the pro-ban says. Then, when we bring MK back, MK will either **** everyone again or the newly progressed charachters might actually stand a chance. Either way, I would like a temp ban, because we can at least see the effects of not having MK in tourneys, and stop theorizing, and then when we bring MK back we can see how he thrives in a new scene.

That's just my two cents, please don't flame me ._.

Overclassed, i don't appreciate the sarcasm, kthxbai

Master Raven, how do you know it will be permanent? I read through all the arguments on this thread and saw no mention of it (unless i did see it and forgot...)

Overclassed

Smash Journeyman
the ban/no ban decision REALLY shouldn't be based solely on the votes considering folks are creating alts like mad, and cuz of things like this.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29090 he just kinda ruined the whole point of the poll anyway. :/

it sholdn't have to be 2/3 of the votes, cuz not only is no one even reading the first page and actually thinkign about it before they vote, alot of em create alt accounts to just add more votes to their side....

it shouldn't be based solely on the votes.
Oh God, you're right!

What if that happened and...

Oh, oh wait...

The results of this poll will count towards the SBR decision. One vote will be added for the side that reaches majority and an additional vote for every 2.5% past 50%.
Huh... Haha... Phew. Looks like they already had a plan for that.

Thank goodness.

@Flipstar

Sarcasm?

How else could they outright ban Metaknight from competitive play?

Last time I checked, TOs made those decisions. Now, unless every TO was in the SBR, or conversely, the SBR only considered tournaments run by its members as 'competitive', then there is no other way they could outright ban metaknight.

Don't be so dense.

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
I main Metaknight and live off my smash winnings.

I hate MK and want him banned, despite the fact that he is my bread winner and I probably wouldn't win nearly as often as I'd like without him.

So... I'd probably do the same stuff I'm doing now?
You don't get it... It means stop *****ing and go out and find ****ing ways to be MK

Darkurai

Smash Master
I eagerly await the results of this; regardless of what the result is, there will be much outcry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom