• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
You should probably think before you type. Most Melee players are anti ban because most melee players wish melee was still around so they could have fun and make money but since Brawl is the preferred game they use MK and make money off of people.

PC Chris and Cort hate Brawl but when they played they played for the $

M2K plays for the money and definitely prefers and respects Melee more so than Brawl.

If the money was in Melee......we would all still be playing Melee.

But no, we have to play Brawl where we debate flying characters and whiny stupid arrogant people vote without a viable reason, and pro banners whine and complain and ***** and we go through this cycle of crap after every big tournament.

Brawl is garbage. Not just as a game but it has ****ED this community up.

Does anyone remember when everyone was friendly and we all enjoyed playing Melee and BRAWL wasnt out yet? I do. Life was good.
The only, and I repeat, the ONLY reason Brawl is still as large as it is, is because of wifi.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
No no. The public poll only helps proban. Its impossible for the proban to reach 66.6 percent in the SBR thread unless its like 90 10 over here.

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
You should probably think before you type. Most Melee players are anti ban because most melee players wish melee was still around so they could have fun and make money but since Brawl is the preferred game they use MK and make money off of people.

PC Chris and Cort hate Brawl but when they played they played for the $

M2K plays for the money and definitely prefers and respects Melee more so than Brawl.

If the money was in Melee......we would all still be playing Melee.

But no, we have to play Brawl where we debate flying characters and whiny stupid arrogant people vote without a viable reason, and pro banners whine and complain and ***** and we go through this cycle of crap after every big tournament.

Brawl is garbage. Not just as a game but it has ****ED this community up.

Does anyone remember when everyone was friendly and we all enjoyed playing Melee and BRAWL wasnt out yet? I do. Life was good.
^
That post sounds pretty whiny and arrogant

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If ppl ban MK, they're gonna ban other chars after that....

And, if we ban MK, a lot a ppl will most likely quit.
Uh...

EDIT:
@Above
I'm Anti-Ban, and anyone who argues the landslide effect needs to GTFO. Seriously, it wouldn't work like that. The other characters don't meet anywhere near the level of Meta Knight. Holy ****, I can't believe people still try to use the landslide argument.
This. The domino effect arguement is garbage because the other top/high characters have legitimate counters both stage and character wise so, at least in theory, things would balance out more between several characters up at the top.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I think 80% of the people who voted to ban MK main low tiers or characters with terrible match ups against MK. Therefore none of the votes should count.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
The results of this poll will count towards the SBR decision. One vote will be added for the side that reaches majority and an additional vote for every 2.5% past 50%.

16 pro-ban, 19 anti-ban from the SBR thing.

So far pro-ban side has 3 points added making it 19-19

By the time this finished pro-ban needs to finish with at least 57.5

Just informing everyone:chuckle:

according to P.O.F.'s leaked chart which has now been named as false.

+1 for mod

ohgod pof is now banned. This MK ban situation has now escalated even further

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
anyone find it ironic, how both the public and sbr vote will boil down to bias and character preference? this whole community is a joke

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Because obviously it cant be a mix.
Just bringing to light the fact that the elitists are doing a good job of screwing the community up, the WHINING about it.

I can beat you in tournament. I'll use Meta Knight.

Money Match? LOL

and ummm I main Marth in both Brawl and Melee. Dont assume anything.
What? Sure, if you can make it out to chicago I'll play ya, but that solves nothing <_<;

And I didn't assume anything about who you mained. Only what game you prefer.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The results of this poll will count towards the SBR decision. One vote will be added for the side that reaches majority and an additional vote for every 2.5% past 50%.

16 pro-ban, 19 anti-ban from the SBR thing.

So far pro-ban side has 3 points added making it 19-19

By the time this finished pro-ban needs to finish with at least 57.5

Just informing everyone:chuckle:

according to P.O.F.'s leaked chart which has now been named as false.

+1 for mod
I can never read your posts. All I can do wonder why the hell the chick in your sig has so much effng eyeliner on.

Do I get a cookie for reading EVERYTHING in the OP. Plus, another cookie for reading the extra bits that the Pro-Banners put in :3

On a personal note, I don't really have problems with MK at all. My mains of Falco/Snake have been more than enough to counteract MK. So therefore, I do not think he is unbeatable in the fashion of being br0ken. Skill will always beat out any issue present. This is really the only Anti-Ban sentiment that I have.

I cannot however deny the ideas that many of the Pro-banners put forth:

1) MK really does have a solution to just about any problem present to him.
2) Community
3) Recovery is near unbeatable.
4) CPing gains no advantage over him. You simply reduce the amount of disadvantage you have.

It's for those 4 reasons I am voting to ban MK. These 4 short statements may seem shallow, but if you read the OP they are rather deep in it's meaning.

THe biggest reason for me is that of his recovery. It's because of his recovery he causes so many problems with stalling and planking arguements. These arguements in turn create strive for the community.

MK's recovery + current moveset makes MK overpowered to many characters in the cast. Many characters can deal with MK's attacks easily. But if you include the fact that his recovery allows multiple attacks to be followed and chase after people, he can apply a near infinite pressure to the person in question with allows a safe retreat.

So with all of this, I feel he falls into the category of being banable. And thus should be.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Excuse me while I lol my *** off.
I just did too.

Anyways, back on topic. I got off topic too, ugh.

I was not aware that MK's sword had transcedant priority. That was one of the things that really moved me by the Pro-Ban's argument, that and the argument about MK breaking a core fundamental of smash in general, the edgegame.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wow none of you guys were around when we debated on end about items, were you? Or Wobbling? This has all happened before. Melee had its problems. Brawl has its problems. We argue. It all gets sorted out. It just takes time.

link2702

Smash Champion
oh gawd, now the melee ***s have arrived.

"waaaah brawl ruined smash, Waaaaah, brawl takes no skill, waaaaah we hate brawl cuz no combos, waaaaah we want melee back" no one is forcing you guys to EVEN PAY ATTENTION to brawl, go back to melee, brawl players have to listen to you guys bs and have to deal with you guys annoying us enough as it is, we don't need you idiots coming into a topic that the BRAWL community feels we need to address, and listen to your BS again about how brawl "sux", we don't wanna hear it, leave us to our game, you go back to yours

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
My head hurts. I've tried reading and re-reading the intial essays several times. Part of my mind is devoted to interpreting and understanding both of them, and weighing which one holds more merrit, in addition to my own limited life experience and viewpoint on the subject, which I can vaugely recall at this momment. The two different sets of viewpoints, information, statistics and ideals are clashing and cascading through the enigmatic shell of flesh and blood that I believe is my mind, like a Tornado and Hurricane ravishing the sun bleached Cities of the South. I honestly felt that my mind has been bown by attempting to understand all of the information presented to me at this momment, and I am nearly ready to loe conciousness as my skull pounds in agony from the torrment my brain is suffering. I believe my Mind has been Blown.

I personally don't feel that there are enough options for the debate. There are many different ways we can deal with this situation, from a series of trials to see if the game really becomes better with Metaknight gone, or simply a changing of different sets of rules for the issue to try to find a solution without banning him just yet. I also wish that people could change their opinion after they have voted, and possibly move their vote. (I attempted to ask about 500 people on the last debate personally, just sot see how they felt. Several had changed their decisions, although I didn't get to ask or get enough answers from them to feel that it was a valid effort, and since this is the last pole on the situation, I don't really need to anymore). I also wonder how many characters are finished fully growing. Are we done with everyone? Have we unlocked every secret to every scenario in the game? Is this really the end? I feel as if we are trying to reach into the very cosmos.

But enough of my emotional images and metaphors. I won't be voting on this just yet. I feel that, unless someone has something incredibly different that was never considered or stated that deserves to be stated by the origonal post, that the arguments have pretty much ended. The paths have been laid out for even the newest Brawler. All it really takes it to pick a path and follow it through to the end. And I'm not ready to walk the walk just yet. Once I scoup up the fallen brain matter and cerebral fluid off of the ground, I'll try to re-re-re-re-read the OP and see if I can make more sense of it, before deciding on my path to destiny.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think 80% of the people who voted to ban MK main low tiers or characters with terrible match ups against MK. Therefore none of the votes should count.
So, in other words, the only people who's opinions matter are those that main top tier characters? Nice... I have to say, these assumptions and stereotypes are really getting out of hand.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
My head hurts. I've tried reading and re-reading the intial essays several times. Part of my mind is devoted to interpreting and understanding both of them, and weighing which one holds more merrit, in addition to my own limited life experience and viewpoint on the subject, which I can vaugely recall at this momment. The two different sets of viewpoints, information, statistics and ideals are clashing and cascading through the enigmatic shell of flesh and blood that I believe is my mind, like a Tornado and Hurricane ravishing the sun bleached Cities of the South. I honestly felt that my mind has been bown by attempting to understand all of the information presented to me at this momment, and I am nearly ready to loe conciousness as my skull pounds in agony from the torrment my brain is suffering. I believe my Mind has been Blown.

I personally don't feel that there are enough options for the debate. There are many different ways we can deal with this situation, from a series of trials to see if the game really becomes better with Metaknight gone, or simply a changing of different sets of rules for the issue to try to find a solution without banning him just yet. I also wish that people could change their opinion after they have voted, and possibly move their vote. (I attempted to ask about 500 people on the last debate personally, just sot see how they felt. Several had changed their decisions, although I didn't get to ask or get enough answers from them to feel that it was a valid effort, and since this is the last pole on the situation, I don't really need to anymore). I also wonder how many characters are finished fully growing. Are we done with everyone? Have we unlocked every secret to every scenario in the game? Is this really the end? I feel as if we are trying to reach into the very cosmos.

But enough of my emotional images and metaphors. I won't be voting on this just yet. I feel that, unless someone has something incredibly different that was never considered or stated that deserves to be stated by the origonal post, that the arguments have pretty much ended. The paths have been laid out for even the newest Brawler. All it really takes it to pick a path and follow it through to the end. And I'm not ready to walk the walk just yet. Once I scoup up the fallen brain matter and cerebral fluid off of the ground, I'll try to re-re-re-re-read the OP and see if I can make more sense of it, before deciding on my path to destiny.

I'm pretty sure MK will still be played, even when (assuming IF) banned. Perhaps someone will find a way to demolish him, and the argument to unban will be presented, but that is not the case. Right now, he overcentralizes the metagame, and right now, he needs to be banned.

Famous

Smash Champion
Do I get a cookie for reading EVERYTHING in the OP. Plus, another cookie for reading the extra bits that the Pro-Banners put in :3

On a personal note, I don't really have problems with MK at all. My mains of Falco/Snake have been more than enough to counteract MK. So therefore, I do not think he is unbeatable in the fashion of being br0ken. Skill will always beat out any issue present. This is really the only Anti-Ban sentiment that I have.

I cannot however deny the ideas that many of the Pro-banners put forth:

1) MK really does have a solution to just about any problem present to him.
2) Community
3) Recovery is near unbeatable.
4) CPing gains no advantage over him. You simply reduce the amount of disadvantage you have.

It's for those 4 reasons I am voting to ban MK. These 4 short statements may seem shallow, but if you read the OP they are rather deep in it's meaning.

THe biggest reason for me is that of his recovery. It's because of his recovery he causes so many problems with stalling and planking arguements. These arguements in turn create strive for the community.

MK's recovery + current moveset makes MK overpowered to many characters in the cast. Many characters can deal with MK's attacks easily. But if you include the fact that his recovery allows multiple attacks to be followed and chase after people, he can apply a near infinite pressure to the person in question with allows a safe retreat.

So with all of this, I feel he falls into the category of being banable. And thus should be.
lol, you contradicted yourself...You have no trouble with MK but wants him to be banned? I know the matchup as well but it doesn't mean I'm able to shut down MK all the time...MK has too many options...

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
lol, you contradicted yourself...You have no trouble with MK but wants him to be banned? I know the matchup as well but it doesn't mean I'm able to shut down MK all the time...MK has too many options...
What? His personal experiences have nothing to do (or should have nothing to do) with his opinion on the subject.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Please read through these and make an informed decision.

Please think before you make your descisions. I'm actually going to read thorugh these arguments repeatedly before voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom