• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
It depends alot on how much you think we have to gain from banning MK, and if it equals out the consequences of doing so.

NNID
Budget_Player
Peach can't do that with MK? Oh boy, you need to see djudjo, a brazilian peach player. He eat MKs in the breakfast.
Maybe... but this is not normal and he is probably the better player.

That's the problem with Snakes =\ But he can fight almost equally against MKs. Not get gimped/early killed is the key. And that depends on your mind.
He can camp almost equally with MK. If they go hand to hand, snake can only hope that his ftilts hit. :(

Missing Wario's fart depends on your mind game. And it's not THAT hard give 60% dmg to MKs.
It is to a campy MK.

Oh yeah ._.' sorry, Marth is outranged... But he can do %s on MKs with side Bs, upb out of the shield (risky) and a fsmash sweetspoted kills MK with 40%+-. Depends.
MK can punish that move with literally every attack he has if it fails; usually it leads to a lot of pain.

But the main point of the post is to say that things don't go like combo videos, it depends on the mind... Or how do you explain m2k get beaten?
Simple-he either lacked the knowledge for the matchup (Lain at APEX) or was beaten by the better (or luckier, read it as you will) player (Ally at APEX). It doesn't mean his char is any worse. It means he as a person failed.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
By the way.

I want to state that this whole Meta Knight ban-issue hurts the community a lot.

He is a nuisance to many, but it would hurt the community. I think if Meta Knight gets banned, a lot of Meta Knight players would simply quit the game and play something else. That means that we'd lose quite a lot of players, not only on Top level (Mew2King), but also throughout high and mid level play.

Furthermore, I think that many players of other characters are exaggerating their matchups against Meta Knight in order to have him banned faster, since - while not being a horrible one to most of the cast - he still gives them a slight disadvantage. With one disadvantage and the best character gone, these characters' players think they will magically do better at tournaments, while not keeping in mind that the characters that give them more problems will definitely see an increase from the Meta Knight players that stay in the game. The community has been so clenching onto the chance of Meta Knight being banned that I don't think that many things have been evaluated rationally.

In conclusion, while I do think Meta Knight's presence hurts the community as a whole, this is only due to the whole ban-talk.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Press B 3 or 4 times while walking forward then press down on your c stick. Neither are especially hard to play at low levels. Ike is amazin at low levels, who the **** cares about low levels.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
By the way.

I want to state that this whole Meta Knight ban-issue hurts the community a lot.

He is a nuisance to many, but it would hurt the community. I think if Meta Knight gets banned, a lot of Meta Knight players would simply quit the game and play something else. That means that we'd lose quite a lot of players, not only on Top level (Mew2King), but also throughout high and mid level play.

Furthermore, I think that many players of other characters are exaggerating their matchups against Meta Knight in order to have him banned faster, since - while not being a horrible one to most of the cast - he still gives them a slight disadvantage. With one disadvantage and the best character gone, these characters' players think they will magically do better at tournaments, while not keeping in mind that the characters that give them more problems will definitely see an increase from the Meta Knight players that stay in the game. The community has been so clenching onto the chance of Meta Knight being banned that I don't think that many things have been evaluated rationally.

In conclusion, while I do think Meta Knight's presence hurts the community as a whole, this is only due to the whole ban-talk.
That's partly what I was thinking. I don't think we have enough to gain from a MK-less community to justify that.

NNID
Budget_Player
First, Luigi just has a straight out bad matchup with mk. And the friend swiching from toon link to mk was being smart. That was just him counterpicking wisely. (didn't put him at an advantage or you at a disadvantage, but it went from 60:40 to around 50:50). And i saw fun in your arguement, but someone already went on about that so yeah.
Again, missed point. If I could take vids I would-then you could see the difference. I think this isn't worth arguing further then...

why are u guys banning mk god **** dam

IS HE THAT BAD

that little *** didnt even win genesis

U GUYS ARE ALL GAY and when i c mk banned ima laughed

cause it just backs up everything i ever thought about the brawl

community ... SCARED LITTLE FELLAS ..... ill be playing melee ... where

characters ****.. AND WE DEAL WITH IT and we **** them

ps. ima puff player ...

also pink mk ***** ..
*headdesk*
Same to your next post.

It depends alot on how much you think we have to gain from banning MK, and if it equals out the consequences of doing so.
This is a **** good post. That and Spadefox's. I still think more is gained by banning though.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
i would play brawl.. but everyone is trying 2 ban mk

so when i start ****** with puff there just gonna wanna ban her

lol

and wtf is a headdesk

did ur head hit the desk? lol

iRJi

Smash Champion
By the way.

Having MK in the game also hurts the community in a different point of view. What makes it so certain that people wouldn't drop the game because MK is unbalancing it? Tbh, The talk about people who are top players quitting because MK is banned is kind of iirelivent. I know some people who voted no just because of that reason, and I am like lolwat? trying to keep the community together is one thing, but we have an issue at hand that just doesn't involve what the top players think or feel about it. It is for the community as a whole. As of right now, there are a little bit more people who are complaining about MK then trying to save him.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
By the way.

Not to mention we're all going to evolve into suck if he's banned.

But yeah, quoted for truth a thousand times. If MK IS banned, I know I'm quitting to separate myself from the sheer stupidity doomed to be associated with the community on the decision.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Matador, that may be a bit harsh, but this is why M2K hates the community.

'OH BUT HE MAINS MK'

/sigh

Oh wait, you main mario? Yeah go ahead and quit if he gets banned :)

UberMario

Smash Master
If Meta-Knight was banned I'd be upset with the community, I don't think who you main is entirely relevant to how you feel towards this discussion.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Who the **** cares what character someone plays? MKs want MK banned, MKs don't want him banned, non-MKs want him banned, non-MKs don't want him banned, some people don't care, some people don't know, etc. Don't be stupid.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I play Snake, Marth, and Falco...I used to main MK. I think Metaknight is stupid and I will never use him again, that doesn't warrant a ban. Regardless if I think he is stupid, overused, and "the best character." He fulfills everything, and nothing more of what the best character in a game should do.

Raph, it was a joke, ****ing chill.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Having MK in the game also hurts the community in a different point of view. What makes it so certain that people wouldn't drop the game because MK is unbalancing it? Tbh, The talk about people who are top players quitting because MK is banned is kind of iirelivent. I know some people who voted no just because of that reason, and I am like lolwat? trying to keep the community together is one thing, but we have an issue at hand that just doesn't involve what the top players think or feel about it. It is for the community as a whole. As of right now, there are a little bit more people who are complaining about MK then trying to save him.
They don't matter. They'd just as soon whine about Pit ledgecamping them or Snake spamming spotdodge -> Utilt when they're at 100+ percent.

They lack the drive to be better. Therefore, they play some other competitive game and get pissed off because his Fei long can't get in vs Sagat because he's "spamming Tiger shot and his standing roundhouse like a noob".

Or because they can't get around Jin's ice car.

Or because Tetris keeps giving them L's.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Matador, that may be a bit harsh, but this is why M2K hates the community.

'OH BUT HE MAINS MK'

/sigh

:laugh:

Please open that can of worms. I'm RIGHT outside your window with a surprise for you.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you would've read my post, you would've seen that I didn't say only Top players would quit.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
They don't matter. They'd just as soon whine about Pit ledgecamping them or Snake spamming spotdodge -> Utilt when they're at 100+ percent.
That's making a rather large assumption especially considering the characters you used in your admittedly arbitrary example. We regularly practice against a pit and a snake and it's still easy to see MK is broken beyond that. Would we quit? Well I did but it wasnt MK related, but he is unfortunately the poster child of what a lot of people consider "everything wrong with brawl".

I'm leaving my reasoning simple though.

"Can the character be put into a reasonable 4:6 situation"
"No"
"Ban"

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That's making a rather large assumption especially considering the characters you used in your admittedly arbitrary example. We regularly practice against a pit and a snake and it's still easy to see MK is broken beyond that. Would we quit? Well I did but it wasnt MK related, but he is unfortunately the poster child of what a lot of people consider "everything wrong with brawl".

I'm leaving my reasoning simple though.

"Can the character be put into a reasonable 4:6 situation"
"No"
"Ban"
That's WAAAY too simple. Sagat in SF4 doesn't even have a 4:6 and he's FAR from broken. Don't tell me you want him banned too?

Edit to respond to the first half: That just makes MK the best character in the game, no more than that. He's annoying as hell to fight. He's got a ton of ******** **** that is ridiculous to deal with.

But banning him is not the answer. We're forgetting that Brawl isn't even a good competitive game. If we ban MK, I promise you that there will sprout up in its place. ICs will rule the game with their infinites.

Marth will dominate because, on paper, MK's the only thing keeping him from ****** the entire game.

Maybe Snake will move into position as the most broken thing since sliced bread.

Don't ban clearly beatable things. It's too big of a step.

Zolios

Smash Apprentice
Can a moderator officially ban the argument about comparing the validity of characters in other games with brawl?

It's not working.

Especially for melee.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
That's WAAAY too simple. Sagat in SF4 doesn't even have a 4:6 and he's FAR from broken. Don't tell me you want him banned too?
Don't play SF4 so I don't care. If I were to look into tourney results etc it's possible but not likely. It's a rather good coincidence that the best players don't often play sagat. Nevermind the fact that what, 2 characters in SF are banned? One for a unique ability (kind of like flight with a reward for being hit out of it) and the other for being rather blatantly broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom