• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I realize that Kirby isn't THAT bad of a match-up like some other characters, and I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying, why? Why should the focus of Brawl tournaments be to overcome MK to win.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I realize that Kirby isn't THAT bad of a match-up like some other characters, and I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying, why? Why should the focus of Brawl tournaments be to overcome MK to win.
That's another pro-ban argument that no one wants to argue anyway. People will just reply with "it's been answered before" or that "in Melee it's who overcame Fox/Sheik/Marth/Jigglypuff (now)".

I agree with you though, that's why I'm pro-ban.

And if you're saying "Why?", I'm guessing it's rhetorical. :p

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
We don't even count for that. At absolute best, (this is saying everyone voted ban, 100%) we count for 26 votes, aka, 1/4 of the SBR-B. We get one SBR vote for 50%, then an extra vote for every 2.5% after 50. So we get 2 now, maybe 3 if we get a uge influx of proban. It's not happening.

And before anyone says anything, I'm proban.
No. It's 21 votes. =)
1 vote for the victory.
Up to 20 votes, with 1 additional vote for each 2.5%

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Ehh...you guys are stubborn. He's not getting banned. Stop arguing. Just pick up MK for the MK ditto. Looks like a large majority of the community did that once they realized MK getting banned isn't going to happen.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
No. It's 21 votes. =)
1 vote for the victory.
That's a pretty cool way of adding votes from the community.

Ehh...you guys are stubborn. He's not getting banned. Stop arguing. Just pick up MK for the MK ditto. Looks like a large majority of the community did that once they realized MK getting banned isn't going to happen.
I already main Kirby, it means I'm on the right track...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
That's a pretty cool way of adding votes from the community.
Well if one side gets over say 10 votes, it pretty much settles everything. Since the community is vastly split, it won't have that much impact on the SBR poll.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I'm starting to think that Meta should only be banned in Winners Finals-Grand Finals, I think it would make at least some people from both sides happy.
If anything, it should be the other way around. Doing well the whole tourney only to end up against your *possibly* worst MU at the end does not a healthy community make.

And it's not a good idea, sorry.

Well if one side gets over say 10 votes, it pretty much settles everything. Since the community is vastly split, it won't have that much impact on the SBR poll.
I see. And yeah, if a side ended up getting 10 votes, then the banning of MK should've been unanimous, since the vast majority of the community wants him gone. Since the community is split almost evenly, then we just end up contributing to the actual voting going on in the SBR as (a) separate vote(s). That's pretty cool.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
So everyone understands that in order to beat MK you might as well pick up MK? I've lost all faith in diplomatic reasoning.

WELL. I can't just give up on this argument, so I'll add another point to the debate. Pro-life, or pro-choice. ARGUE THAT!! XD Catch peeps at Oh Snap5 where I'll be maining Kirby, oh wait,...where I'll be maining MK.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I Picked him up (sorta, NM bans him) after Genesis, when I saw MK losing to themselves, and played 3 MK is brackets after getting out of pools.

No. It's 21 votes. =)
1 vote for the victory.
My math is bad. The point is that it's minimal.

i like seeing IC mains wanting mk banned lol...
Uh, MK protects ICs. He is closer to neutral for us than a lot of characters, and he kills Rob really hard, who is horrible for us, and he keeps some Snakes, and GaWs down, n addition to wrecking Marth. Mk helps ICs.

But, I care about the health of the game more than I care about the viability of my main.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
It's minimal if it's only a small margin. Why is this bad? If one side only has a small lead, why should they gain a big amount of votes the SBR poll?
Wait, aren't there like 100 people in the SBR-B? Meaning we could be 20% in a perfect scenario? Or didn't everyone in the SBR-B vote?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wait, aren't there like 100 people in the SBR-B? Meaning we could be 20% in a perfect scenario? Or didn't everyone in the SBR-B vote?
There are roughly 100 people in the SBR, however, some of these people did not and won't vote.
That includes SBRoomers who are neutral on the matter or feel they shouldn't vote because of several reasons.
Currently, about 70 people have voted on the SBR poll. I doubt the amount will change much anymore, maybe by 2-3, I'd say, at most.

In a perfect scenario, the public poll would weigh more than 20% - if all 100 SBRoomers would've voted, it'd be 21%, for once - and considering the absent people, a perfect scenario would end up with a bit more than 25% weight for the public poll.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
At top level play Metaknight is not a big problem.

And lower level play he is ****** the scene. Playing Mk is fun, and I do win tourneys with him, but the margin in between him and the rest of the cast is just a bit too big.

The spam wave is a big problem.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I thought there were like, 20. >__________________>

lol

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yeah, they're gonna look at the votes and find the alts. The vote is probably going to be much different.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Yeah, they're gonna look at the votes and find the alts. The vote is probably going to be much different.
I'd love to see how many people actually tried to sway the results with an alternate account.

Do you usually filter the results on major polls, and if so, what do you usually find?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Just the MK ditto?

I'm starting to think that Meta should only be banned in Winners Finals-Grand Finals, I think it would make at least some people from both sides happy.
lolwut

with over 3000 votes... I might be sensing sarcasm....

BBQTV

Smash Master
I'd love to see how many people actually tried to sway the results with an alternate account.

Do you usually filter the results on major polls, and if so, what do you usually find?
i thought it was fair what a bunch of cheaters i dont want MK bannd but i would not cheat shame on those who cheated.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Hopefully all the alt accounts are taken out before the poll is final.

WHICH SIDE HAD MORE ALT VOTES??? EPIC RACE TO THE FACTS GOGOGOGOGOGOGO.
Lol, ven if one more side had more alt votes, it could be 1 or 2 people spamming alt accounts.

This is good.

There are roughly 100 people in the SBR, however, some of these people did not and won't vote.
That includes SBRoomers who are neutral on the matter or feel they shouldn't vote because of several reasons.
Points to these members. :)

Currently, about 70 people have voted on the SBR poll. I doubt the amount will change much anymore, maybe by 2-3, I'd say, at most.
THats what I'd assumed.

In a perfect scenario, the public poll would weigh more than 20% - if all 100 SBRoomers would've voted, it'd be 21%, for once - and considering the absent people, a perfect scenario would end up with a bit more than 25% weight for the public poll.
Ok. Obviously a perfect scenario would never happen anyways.

It seems mostly fair, but IMO, the 50% should have like 3 instead of one, because the winner accounts for about 5%, and the community is worth more than that. As it is, the community is worth their margin of error between itself (5%)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The problem is, that there are siblings who have accounts. :/

nfl797

Smash Cadet
I was agenst the BAN but after readign this and watching some videos
IM VOTING.... BAN

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There haven't been many important polls besides this one. xD If you mean the three polls before this one, if anyone tried to make alts to change the percentage in their favor, they need help.

Just the MK ditto?
I mean, some people would still like to use their main. =S

are they gonna punish people for using alt accounts?

i would
Probably not. Unless they're in the SBR or something. I dunno.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
There haven't been many important polls besides this one. xD If you mean the three polls before this one, if anyone tried to make alts to change the percentage in their favor, they need help.

I mean, some people would still like to use their main. =S

Probably not. Unless they're in the SBR or something. I dunno.
**** this forum needs to be more strict, especially on bad posting

JUDGE

Smash Lord
Hopefully all the alt accounts are taken out before the poll is final.

WHICH SIDE HAD MORE ALT VOTES??? EPIC RACE TO THE FACTS GOGOGOGOGOGOGO.

i don't think that the votes of the alt accounts counts much on thr final decision...

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
curious, will the filtered results get posted at some point in time? I'm interested in the results after alts are removed.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Smash is already easy and boring

Edit: LOL, FOXYB is a pretty cool guy.

javado

Smash Rookie
Wow, you pro ban people who want to ban metaknight are ******s, this is just a fun game turned bad by tourney***s and whatnot with safe options, counterpicking, metagame , and other made up tactics.

I'm ok with people having a big amount of love for the game, but this is going too far and is turning this into another Smash Bros Melee with regular tournaments turning into *** drags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom