• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I loathe the fact that some anti-bans are still saying pro-bans think MK is broken.
right, no one thinks he's broken, pro ban just think he deserves to be banned because he's...what's a word for too good...uh... ...

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
right, no one thinks he's broken, pro ban just think he deserves to be banned because he's...what's a word for too good...uh... ...
Tell me the literal definition of a "broken character" and then imagine a character that is better than everyone by measuring each character's traits in a general manner. He's simply the best at everything that makes Brawl unique as a fighting game, or party game for those of you who love to disagree with everything.

*MK has the best recovery.
*MK has the best gimping game.
*MK has lightweight properties along with the ability to live to high %s (momentum cancelling and DI).
*MK has one of the best camping games (ledgecamping, aircamping).
*MK's power:speed balance distributed in his whole moveset is unbalanced compared to every other character in the game, and I mean his WHOLE moveset, not just 1 or 2 attacks.
*MK's grab can combo/string into attacks depending where your opponent DI's thanks to his phenomenally fast uair, always putting you at a disadvantage, especially offstage, which more than oftentimes leads to him unveiling the best gimping game in Brawl.

Taking these things in mind, you find out that as a character overall, he flat-out beats out all other characters. No bad matchups, no bad stages, no uncomfortable situations? Then instead of learning counterpicks for other characters, learn MK and you don't have to worry about any of those. He's not "broken" because he's obviously not meeting the criteria set for classifying a character as "broken".

That's what I'm understanding. If you guys have refuted this over and over, it's cool. I just gave you a rebuttal because it seems like you still don't understand what we're trying to say.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Raise your hand if your first thought upon seeing this image was "Metaknight is using his mask to masturbate."
you have a wonderful mind

fast edit:....now that i look at my avatar.....oh my god what have i done

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
LOL @ people still arguing.

At this point, if you are showing that MK is broken, and you have people telling you that MK isn't broken but is just really good, why the hell are you still arguing? Just pick this character with this really god recovery, really good speed, really good kill power, really good specials, really good uair, really god camping ability, and get it going.

You'll be a good player in no time. You'll crush all of those people who "love" their main and all those people who pick MetaKnight after you, because you're already ahead of the game! You'll have no disadvantage ever, and you'll know that if you lose, either you made 100 too many mistakes or your opponent is actually better than you. I mean, isn't that a wonderful feeling? I know that personally, if I lose a fight of any kind because the opponent was better than me and not because the opponent picked a character that had some sort of advantage against my character (*cough*sonic*cough*), I can't get mad.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
someone explain aircamping to me, or show me a vid.
with most characters having projectiles its hard for me to believe it's a big deal.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Ive actually begun the process of shifting from sonic/ddd/lucario to MK/ICs already
This is a very smart man right here.

someone explain aircamping to me, or show me a vid.
with most characters having projectiles its hard for me to believe it's a big deal.
You can look up Plank vs DaPuffster on YouTube, MK vs Diddy. That is a hilarious video, and the end makes it worth your time, forreal forreal.

And then there is Dojo vs DEHF. Which was obviously recorded somehow (the match had to be reviewed), but has probably been deleted to withhold evidence on either how to invalidate the matchup between MK and Falco OR to prove that an MK that aircamps is in fact broken.

But who knows....

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Led whats ridiculous is that people are still making their pro/anti ban arguments when the debate is essentially over.
It's only over for now. "the fourth and final commuinty vote". I don't think it's actually done sadly. The in-fighting is doing more damage to the community than MK, banned or not.

The only reason I bring up Genesis is because throughout the debate it bugged me that the pro-ban side attempted to use it as proof, Im not even saying its something the anti-ban side can claim.
Ok, but the anti-ban side said "lets wait for genesis and apex" like how many times? It really goes both ways here.

Anyways, I'm not trying to claim one region to be better then another, just specific players. It just so happens that each is from a separate region. Yes its possible to disagree, but even if we narrow it to just those who attended Genesis I dont think many would disagree that of those players M2K and Ally were the first or second best players there, Tyrant a solid third and Dojo a questionable 4th. They just so happened to place almost exactly as expected. Which is my my main point, Im not trying to say DEHF couldnt beat Dojo or Tyrant couldnt beat MK. Im saying that the results for Genesis were very predictable if you were to just look at the names.
I suppose so, but it's still largley interprative (I know I spelled that wrong). We have seen these players lose to other players of similar skill level more times than genesis, so IMO, assuming them best is a little off. But W/E.

Can I ask where the 66% number for metaknight to be banned came from?
Was this just someone talking and theorizing, because I thought this was more about adding a public vote to the SBR vote, which if I heard correctly, pro-ban needed 57 point something to tip the scale in pro bans favor.
The 66% is standard procedure for most things SBR, as far as they say, and it's that way with most things in regular voting when its changing something automatically in effect (a characted doesn't start banned.)

The 57% thins is BS. You don't even need to think for that. That=3 SBR votes.

Death01

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mahuwah
3DS FC
3282-4075-7165
wow ban meta knight... that wouldn't that make who ever mained him in a way either quit smash or move on to the next thing lol.. (Snake). seriously i understand MK is good, but its only been a year, other characters still have to grow don't they? In order for things to pick up. Besides Wasn't MK Overused by a lot of ppl? so naturally he would be the best Char in the game. im saying if you ban him make it Temporary... don't care how temporary, just temporary. So the Other Characters Can grow, I mean didn't Wario for instance move from #8 to 3? and has somewhat of an even Meta Game with MK? Just an example of character progress is all. Basically My Arguement is I dissaprove A PermaBan (or any ban), but wouldn't mind a TempBan.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Don't ban metaknight.
He's like the better version of... every character.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
wow ban meta knight... that wouldn't that make who ever mained him in a way either quit smash or move on to the next thing lol.. (Snake). seriously i understand MK is good, but its only been a year, other characters still have to grow don't they? In order for things to pick up. Besides Wasn't MK Overused by a lot of ppl? so naturally he would be the best Char in the game. im saying if you ban him make it Temporary... don't care how temporary, just temporary. So the Other Characters Can grow, I mean didn't Wario for instance move from #8 to 3? and has somewhat of an even Meta Game with MK? Just an example of character progress is all. Basically My Arguement is I dissaprove A PermaBan (or any ban), but wouldn't mind a TempBan.
The thing with the "It's only been a year" argument is that he's just too far ahead of other characters. I'm positive that no matter how others develop, what new ATs or mindgames they discover or create, MK will still be abusing each character's weaknesses the same way he still is, and the things he does now will still be done afterwards.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
don't worry,
there's only about 27 hours left.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It's like this thread is on 'repeat' mode or something. The same arguments get rehashed page after page...
Why are you even looking for arguments? Look at what starts the arguments, someone in this page asked what our main arguments were (pro-ban), so I gave them a rebuttal. I'm not arguing.

EDIT: Hmm... I got ninja'd.

etecoon

Smash Hero
It's like this thread is on 'repeat' mode or something. The same arguments get rehashed page after page...
these threads haven't been productive in a long time, most actual discussion took place by almost a year ago, now most people on both sides basically just repeat a few talking points over and over again

really diem and mango owning the last topic was the only good thing to come from this discussion in a long time

fkacyan

Smash Hero
This thread has been taken over by trolls from Ohio, evidently. Ah well, kinda glad that the poll isn't conclusively going to ban MK. My work here is done.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
You do realize that antiban already won? Even with a 60/40 split in favor of the ban in the sbr, it comes out to like 63% With the community vote.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
You do realize that antiban already won? Even with a 60/40 split in favor of the ban in the sbr, it comes out to like 63% With the community vote.
Pretty much. That's why I stopped worrying about this issue a long time ago.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Ban. Pro-Ban had criterion that we judge everything in Brawl as banworthy and MK meets the requirements. 1+1=2, it's not a matter of opinion; it's logic. I think a nice half a year long ban should be looked @ to see how different metagames grow and how tournaments play out to see if he should be permanently banned or not. It's a compromise that benefits the community as a whole instead of dependent MK players. If you are a good Smasher, you'll be good with or without MK, no?

So stop being b****es and vote ban.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Ban. Pro-Ban had criterion that we judge everything in Brawl as banworthy and MK meets the requirements. 1+1=2, it's not a matter of opinion; it's logic. I think a nice half a year long ban should be looked @ to see how different metagames grow and how tournaments play out to see if he should be permanently banned or not. It's a compromise that benefits the community as a whole instead of dependent MK players. If you are a good Smasher, you'll be good with or without MK, no?

Give it up. Anti ban already won.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
really diem and mango owning the last topic was the only good thing to come from this discussion in a long time
Mango was posting in this one, too. He said he would pick up Brawl if Meta Knight wasn't banned as far as I remember.

If you are a good Smasher, you'll be good with or without MK, no?
If you are a good Smasher, you can win against Meta Knight, no?

:p

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

For pro-ban to be 66.67% and anti-ban to be 33.33%, them having 1,417 votes, we need 2060 votes, which is 388 random votes appearing out of nowhere (considering the pro-ban's votes are 1,672 to begin with)...

You're asking the impossible, my friend.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
sup im someone who didnt read the op

sup im just going to post my thoughts

sup

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Touche~! Only if I focus all my practice hours training how to beat him without having a secondary MK or Snake. Kirby no bueno against MK.
Kirby is OK vs MK... He's better than ZSS IMO, since MK just can't get combo'd, and ZSS is a combo character.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
For pro-ban to be 66.67% and anti-ban to be 33.33%, them having 1,417 votes, we need 2060 votes. You're asking the impossible, my friend.
We don't even count for that. At absolute best, (this is saying everyone voted ban, 100%) we count for 26 votes, aka, 1/4 of the SBR-B. We get one SBR vote for 50%, then an extra vote for every 2.5% after 50. So we get 2 now, maybe 3 if we get a uge influx of proban. It's not happening.

And before anyone says anything, I'm proban.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Kirby's just fine against meta. If you are the better player by any noticeable margin, you should win.

edit: mega-snaked
3 posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom