• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward teaches Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if you saw my first question forward, but I have another quesiton for you. This one might make you laugh. How does a good falco beat a good mewtwo player?

forward

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if you saw my first question forward, but I have another quesiton for you. This one might make you laugh. How does a good falco beat a good mewtwo player?
M2 counter (or is even) with Falco. Falco can control the match with mix up, using f tilts to zone, and shuffles to attack. However it's hard to get a good combo on mewtwo, and hard to ledge guard. Just be patient, that's will probably save your *** the most.

mcc: Yes, it is possible, but not always.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Just thought I should tack on to what forward said about fighting M2. He's correct about everything, you definately need to be patient and settle for 2-3 hit combos rather than the standard, "hit you once, take 70% from my combo, gg" sort of stuff you can do to some characters. But also keep in mind how easy it is to kill M2 off the top. I find that most falcos are uncomfortable going up for a dblj shine or uair, but these two can really be killers on M2 at low to mid %s out of your first shine. Also, dtilt is the nut high for hitting the SOB off the top.

mathos

Smash Champion
You guys really think its that even with M2? I think Falco ***** M2, with his laggy double jump and terrible roll lasers should destroy a lot of his game. I agree that he comes back from a lot but all the tilts will do wonders.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I don't think the character matchup is close, but if you're new to falco and there's someone good with M2 there can be problems. I mean, there's a reason falco is #2 and M2 is dead last, it's not a close matchup, but player skill varies too and if someone's having a problem with M2, it doesn't hurt to give them advise. utilt and dtilt are very good vs M2, ftilt is mildly annoying, but if I were the mewtwo player in this matchup, it would easily be the tilt I'm least worried about.

forward

Smash Champion
Well you guys may not know but I play against Taj's M2 who has the best M2 and definitly would **** every falco who has posted in this thread.

mathos

Smash Champion
Well Forward I would agree that Taj knows the matchup quite well, but your claim seems quite preposterous. Does Taj ever counter space animals with M2 in tournaments?

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Falcos lasers aren't the defining point in a win against any great player. One who can put a stop to falcos lasers spamming can make the fight completely different.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Forward you should put some vids up of your falco man. I saw some of your marth, they are really good. I just want to see the beast in action. I know I'll never come to AZ. :(

I also heard you're the one that started the double lasers from off of the edge. I asked before, but I'll ask again. What's the signifigance in doing that and how do you get both lasers so **** close to one another? Don't tell me you just have fast fingers too! I know you and shiz have some secrets. Stop holding out!!!

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
Hey Forward, this is King of RK, I know your brother XNS_Falcon. We play all the time in MPH. It was kinda funny how one day I found out his brother was THE Forward. We should play MPH sometime.

forward

Smash Champion
Ya there will be some up in the next few days don't worry

Jahordan: Yo dude I heard about you. I haven't been able to play mph lately cuz we don't have a wireless connection anymore but once I get it up I'll be sure to hit you up. You gotta teach me this game I get rocked.

D1

Banned via Administration
hmm I never fought Bowser's w/ Falco...got any good anti Bowser tips w/ Falco?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
fighting bowser. . . seriously? um. . . do anything. Like literally, anything at all. You can SHL the f*ck out of him, he's not too hard to shine combo. . . basically, he's big and slow and falco ***** the sh*t out of him. I mean, even M2 can combo falco to near death off a grab, bowser literally has nothing on falco.

mathos

Smash Champion
Bowser can chaingrab and brutally edgeguard Falco. But yea pretty much lasers and typical combos should stop a bowser.

Cra$hman

Smash Lord
its possible if the falco is completely ********, don't try to apply pressure to his shield, up+b ruins that. just laser then he'll overextend himself when he trys to attack and you can hit him and start comboing

mathos

Smash Champion
Bowsers grabs, bowser uthrows, bowser dashes the DI'ed direction, bowser grabs again and repeat. I'm not sure whether its a jump-cancelled grab or what percents it works but it is possible.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol Bass, I just copy everything bombsoldier does and all them great Falcos out there, but IMO the only good Falcos out there that are like Major pros are like (P.C., Forward, Bombsoldier). Those are like the only Falcos I think that really ****......

I would feel pretty confident in Falco dittoing Dope, Rob$, Tink and some others. Ive already falco dittoed P.C in a MM, he beat me 2-1. I wish I would of took his money lol. P.C. is mad good though....

Forward: Do you have any awesome/unexscapable combos you are willing to tell me? If you tell me I'm pretty sure I can do it, I can do almost anything thats technical..... once I figured out bombsoldier 4 stocked ken when ken went to japan, and bombsoldier can break peoples shield with shines, I've been practicing my shines and stuff..... I can do like... 16 JC'ed shines without touching the opponent, and I can do like... 6-8 shines trying to break they're shield....... I already know how to combo the **** out of chars.... but I was wondering if you know like any crazy/escapable combos?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, shiz wiz, i saw you in orlando. props for jumping straight to pros, but it sucks you had to play pc first round.

im also working on jc shines. and where the hell do you get your info on bombsoldier? am i missing something? a japanese smash news thread or something? lol

FairSheik

Smash Apprentice
Forward, doyou think at high percentages like 80-100 you can shine then JC and use the up+b to kill? I just tried it out on a comp...not sure if it would actually work and if it doesn't what would you recommend doing at high percentages with the shine?

JiggsIsMyHero

Smash Cadet
Hey Forward!

Thank you very much for putting this thread together, dude! I just broke into tournament play at my local smashdens in the last month or so and I've found your info here to be super helpful in getting myself started in serious tournament play!

A couple questions:

1) Once you've made your approach (let's say for the sake of simplicity that you shffled a bair into a shine and the shine hit and popped em up), can you rattle off some of the different good options for different characters after you have them in this position? It seems like this is the point where falco's combos really take off, but I usually find myself full jumping a bair or dair and then trying to chase them down and repeat after I shine em up. Seems like I should do more here...

2) Peaches are easy as **** for me, at least all of the peach-mains where I play... If a peach is float canceling near the ground and I approach with SHL is there any good reason not to blast em with a forward smash? Most other chars it doesn't work on, but it seems like Peach is just TOO easy to forward smash. Any other ideas for combos,etc would be helpful.

3) Any way to get around people spacing your forward b recovery off a ledge hop? Seems like I'm getting smashed a lot these days off of recovery because people are wising up to the fact that I forward b off the ledge... I'm think LHDL, but I have real problems getting that off consistently, any tips on that as well?

4) Who does Falco team well with? I play with a pretty good jiggs in teams now... any thoughts are welcome.

I know that's a lot of **** to ask you to answer, so feel free to ignore any or all of it that seems trivial. Thank you very much for the time dude, and keep on pwnin!

forward

Smash Champion
Forward: Do you have any awesome/unexscapable combos you are willing to tell me? If you tell me I'm pretty sure I can do it, I can do almost anything thats technical..... once I figured out bombsoldier 4 stocked ken when ken went to japan, and bombsoldier can break peoples shield with shines, I've been practicing my shines and stuff..... I can do like... 16 JC'ed shines without touching the opponent, and I can do like... 6-8 shines trying to break they're shield....... I already know how to combo the **** out of chars.... but I was wondering if you know like any crazy/escapable combos?
I'm not sure, I don't think any combos are really unescapable, but you can almost always get 0-death combos if you can predict their di. There are some ways to make combos better with Falco, that a lot of average players don't do. Finish the combo with an f smash or d smash if you can, then go for the ledge guard. I see a lot of people just do a shine into random aerial, which is ok, but IMO the smashes are much better for finishing. You just have to know when to cut it short. Against fast fallers try to combo into an up tilt around 50% and then f smash. You can mess up their DI of your shines by crossing up and shining from the other side. Say you are on the left and you land a shine, they don't DI and time so you can full jump and spike, by this time they are probably ready to DI to the right, so land on the other side after the spike and shine again.

My favorite combo in the game is on a fox at 40-50%. It goes up throw > f smash.

JiggsIsMyHero: 3) Use double lasers to get on the stage, if they back up when you are on the ledge they won't be able to punish it and you should be able to combo them afterwards.
4) Falco teams best with Fox probably. Peach and Jiggs are also good but they team well with everybody. Really tho you can make any team work, you just have to have a plan for them.
I'll answer the rest of your questions when I have more time.

Tink

Smash Hero
mmmmm....im going to pick up falco again.....just for you guys :D.

edit: i want dittos forward :D.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hey Forward, your Falco was too beastly at NCT:II.

I still don't understand how you can use fair, though. What would be the situations to use it in, and how/when would you fastfall the fair?

crescentia

Smash Journeyman
Bowsers grabs, bowser uthrows, bowser dashes the DI'ed direction, bowser grabs again and repeat. I'm not sure whether its a jump-cancelled grab or what percents it works but it is possible.
I don't think this works, but I can't quite test things right now... I know for a fact that for it to work on Fox, they have to DI pretty retardedly...

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
Ya there will be some up in the next few days don't worry

Jahordan: Yo dude I heard about you. I haven't been able to play mph lately cuz we don't have a wireless connection anymore but once I get it up I'll be sure to hit you up. You gotta teach me this game I get rocked.
I'll teach you MPH if you teach me SSBM :D

Harbinger

Smash Apprentice
I'm laughing a bit at Shiz's thread. Was it supposed to give this one competition?

Forward is tooooo good. Good ish at NCT2.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Actually my thread is to help people Harbinger. I would like to ditto Forward. I think I'd do really well from my experience in Falco dittoing. I dittoed P.C. at FC6, they were pretty good dittos. He beat me in the MM though 2-1 lol for $5 lol.

xmangox

Smash Rookie
k well ive been practicing hardcore on falco for about a week now, i can shffl just fine and wavedash pretty well, but i dont understand how to edgegaurd or how do you press *away* and then bair them and land on edge agen, and another thing is that i cant follow up my shffls with dair or nairs because when i do they shield grab me before i can dair or nair them. any methods on waveshining? and methods on pillarings? or how to time lcancel right? :( im noob yes...one last thing o.O i cant uptilt without jumping, any suggestions on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom