• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward teaches Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

forward

Smash Champion
ya, title says it all, so ask away and i'll fill you in on some of the tight falco stuff i got

...................... ya, i'm bored

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
1) having probs pillaring- i can do it fine when i do the dair after i ff but i want to do the dair at the same time- but i cant seem to l-cancel it? what do i do?

2) having probs shffling uairs against foxes after i shine them- the uair just deals damage but they dont go up. what do i do?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
There is nothing to teach about falco.

My only problem is shl to pillar cause my brain doesnt want to ff the dair but that can be dealt with with practise.

Zanzugen: ff it earlier so you only get the 1 hit "physical" hit rather than the "sword" or "cut" hits.

forward

Smash Champion
1) lol, what's pillaring?

2) after you land on the ground do u tilts, when they start DIing towards the side f smash 'em

Edit: there is a lot to teach about falco

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
lol ok i cant tell if forward is joking or he has no idea what im talkin about- but false: forward a noob he is not- one of the best falcos in the country he is- best player in arizona no doubt- dont take him on that $- im not joking- even neo thinks hes good- and if neo thinks someone is good they are, because according to neo- "wes is overrated"

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Im considering going to a large scale tourney. But i live in canada(edmonton) and play with the punch crew, so thats a lil far away for $25.You HAVE to know what pillaring is. come on. just think.

forward

Smash Champion
lol, i rarely read these boards, so i don't know what pillaring is. Have you guys come up with any other slang for falco so i'm not out of the loop?

lol, it's suprising to me that people know about me :cool:

character match ups, ledge guarding, recovery, combos, cool tricks, i know it all b!tches, ask away :crazy:

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
o great foward- plz tell me everything u know about falco v sheik- i must beat steve w and win $200 at the next koteesee - thanks much

Jago

Smash Apprentice
I was Taizo vids and was wondering how he was shl in one spot then shl across FD from just standing still? Is he/she WDing after the fastfall from the shl into another shl?

zachaser

Smash Cadet
Zanguzen: I suppose forward should be handed some slack, considering the different defintions of pillar in the fox & falco boards. The one you're talking about, and which I think is the true "pillar," is alternating shffled spikes and reflectors against a shielded opponent to eat their shield.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
u mus be reffering to false cus i give more slack to foward than ny1 else i already know hes 1 of the best cudnt care less if he didnt know what SHL meant but i wish hed actually answer my questions lol :p

The Cape

Smash Master
Originally posted by Jago
I was Taizo vids and was wondering how he was shl in one spot then shl across FD from just standing still? Is he/she WDing after the fastfall from the shl into another shl?
Dashing SH. They can be done from standing and just look like a long hop.

forward

Smash Champion
The Cape answered Jago's question.

Zang: I know a lot about Falco vs. Sheik, so specifics would be cool, but some things in general....
There's a certain distance to sheik that you don't want to be in unless you have the advantage. From sheik's full jump, and she throws a needle, don't be within the range of the needle........
|.\
| .. \
| ... \
LOL! You're gonna have to use ur imagination, but that's sheik throwing a needle from a full jump. You don't want to be inside that triangular area. That's the area sheik covers the best, and that's the area the Falco doesn't do well in............... Does this make sense? lol

You want to kind of dance around this area, go in and out with lasers. If one connects, that's your chance to get in and work some damage on the ho.

anyways, i got school now, so i'll post more later today.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
awesome thx I dont have any specifics- i just want to know basically how to approach the fight- cant wait to hear more of what u say

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
like ive said before- zanguzen != zachaser

for those of u who are compsci noobs, that means im not equal to zachaser- hes actually good

forward

Smash Champion
well what posted is pretty much the basic of fighting sheik, as long you understand that, you can do better. the best time to attack sheik imo is when she is falling from a jump, and she is right about to hit the ground. This gives you the most time to get in and start attacking with out her hitting you

make sure that you take advantage if you land a shine, and get another 50% of damage on them. combos are even nastier on platform stages, so if you can play falco on those stages well then go for it

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
thx could u give specifics on how one shine can lead to 50% more damage? the best i can do is shine, shine, dair, and since the dair sends them into a platform, ill be lucky if i can land in a dsmash before the shiek gets away

thx again

forward

Smash Champion
On FD the combo would be just be the normal shine spike combo. You just have to adjust the timing when you're doing it against sheik. When you jump after a shine, do the spike at the top of your jump, so you can fast fall it at the same time. From there just keep the combo going with shines, up tilts, and spike.

zachaser

Smash Cadet
Forward: I have a theory about pillaring that you may be able to verify. First off, I can and do pillar consistently these days, but I don't believe it's impossible to be grabbed out of, even when done perfectly. I went into training mode with my friend, both Falco, and we experimented with the pillar. So far, we've found that if he grabs at a certain point, falco can't get off the reflector before landing. The only way I've found to even start the pillar without getting grabbed is a slight delay in the air before performing the spike. After that though, you can still get grabbed out of the first reflector. I fast fall the spike exactly as I'm executing it, so I'm going as fast as possible; I hit the l-cancel, and I go straight from that to the reflector to another shuffled spike. Tell me what's wrong. If any of this didn't make sense, let me know. Thanks.

forward

Smash Champion
zang: tech's what the first time? On platforms? If there are no platforms you should be getting to the ground before sheik does. If you are talking about platforms, at low % she won't be able to tech, she'll just do that 'i've been spiked but i'm going nowhere' animation. At high % wait for the tech, and dsmash, fsmash, dash attack -> up tilt, up tilt, shine. Teching on platforms is dangerous and you should always be able to punish it if you are on the platform too.

zach: when I pillar, I do the d air as falco is still rising in his short hop (basically starts as soon as he leaves the ground), and at the apex of the jump, ff l cancel into shine. I don't ever recall being shield grabbed if i didn't mess it up, and I don't think i've ever shield grabbed someone when they do it like that either.

zachaser

Smash Cadet
Forward: Wouldn't they be able to grab you before you started the fast fall? Just wondering, cause we tested this extensively in training mode. Maybe you could test it too? I'm really doubtful about the pillar right now, just in it's impossibility to be grabbed out of.

forward

Smash Champion
the sheild stun on a d air is pretty good, plus falco is a fast faller, the shine is almost instant, and it takes a few frames before a character actually grabs, I guess if you knew frame data you could figure it out for sure.................. but I'll test it out when I get the chance.

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
hey forward zarelid told me about this inifinite u did on FoD with platforms and dairs- how do u do it lol?

also what does he mean when he says "one shine and its over"- can u explain wut u do like is it one combo or one string of combos please give an example thanks a lot lol

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Originally posted by zachaser
Forward: I have a theory about pillaring that you may be able to verify. First off, I can and do pillar consistently these days, but I don't believe it's impossible to be grabbed out of, even when done perfectly. I went into training mode with my friend, both Falco, and we experimented with the pillar. So far, we've found that if he grabs at a certain point, falco can't get off the reflector before landing. The only way I've found to even start the pillar without getting grabbed is a slight delay in the air before performing the spike. After that though, you can still get grabbed out of the first reflector. I fast fall the spike exactly as I'm executing it, so I'm going as fast as possible; I hit the l-cancel, and I go straight from that to the reflector to another shuffled spike. Tell me what's wrong. If any of this didn't make sense, let me know. Thanks.
you have to jc the shine to a spike INSTANTLY after the shine hits. that way youre in the air with a spike with a few frames to spare. Noone ive heard of can do this absolutley perfectly since you'd have to jc in one frame and then spike etc. I myself dont think its impossible to be grabbed out of mainly cause humans make mistakes. someone with a adisjointed grab could probably grab you easy anyways. I've almost given up on pillar since i get grabbed out of it too often, now if someone shields my lasers i just run up and grab them,

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
i recall someone 1nce saying that sheik and marth are the only ones able to grab from a pillar -nonetheless this can all be solved by pillaring behind them

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
So let me gets this straights. The pillar is a crappy, predictable move where you shuffle a dair into a one-frame shine JC'd into another shuffled dair over and over so you can't get hit easily?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Noone mentioned predictable.

And Zang, that was me, i think marth can but i dont know about shiek i think roy has a better chance at grabbing than shiek.

forward

Smash Champion
Zang: Okay, the 'infinite' I do on FoD is just repeated spikes when the side platforms are lowered. shuffle spike on the platform, fall through with a spike, repeat. When a spike finally hits them into the air hit them with a f smash.

if people are grabbing you from 'pillaring' (what a funny name) then just mix up the timing with your aerial attacks. most people wont try and grab immediatly after a shine, so you'll be safe if you want to wait a little bit longer before an attack

theperson91

Smash Apprentice
Forward: I was wondering if you ever use the up b as an attack. Sometimes when im playing my brother, ill do an upsmash or a down tilt, and he'll go flying to the top of the screen, almost going off the top, but he does quite make it. Then, ill jump up and up b him to try to kill him, though sometimes i miss. I was just wondering wut ur views on that are.

Also, i have another question, how do u kill people besides the spike, down tilt, and forwards smash, or are those the only ways to kill ppl?

Zanguzen

Smash Lord
theperson: aerials (bair and dair) plus ftilt are good finishers too because u can always just edgeguard/hog if u get them off the stage

forward

Smash Champion
I don't really use up b to kill, I just wait for them to come down and try to hit them with a b air or n air, up b is kinda risky if you miss.

Kill moves I use - f smash, d smash, d tilt, b air, n air, spike. On stages with low ceilings shine, up air, and up smash work well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom