• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward teaches Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
i rarely get grabbed out of it. and my main opponent is a grab happy marth. when he tries to grabs he usually gets shined or daired. i think you just cancel the shine as quick as possible to make it harder to grab you.

but i wanna use jc grab more. seems safer for the lazy falco player.

forward how do you do that edgehog that pc chris did in the video? someone asked on the previous page and im curious too.

mathos

Smash Champion
For the edgehog, you pretty much just walk off the edge. However the trick is you turn around as you start to fall off, the walking momentum will take you off the edge and grab it.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
This is a question for anyone really. Anyone know if there is a thread somewhere that has Falco's framerate data on it?

Also I have a question for Forward as well: When I try to L-cancel to shine, sometimes the shine doesn't come out. After carefully watching Falco when this happens I saw that I am l-canelling correctly, so I must be pressing down-b to soon. I usually try and press it just as I land, should I wait until slightly after I land for it to work?

offcell

Smash Apprentice
That's happened to me on some occasion. You are in fact down B'ing too fast and do need to wait for your Falco to land before executing that shine. I was just practicing it and noticed that I would sometimes do it too early too. Not hard at all to fix, just be less hasty.

edit: oh yea mathos, I was trying it and can't seem to get it. Must need some hardcore timing.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
That's happened to me on some occasion. You are in fact down B'ing too fast and do need to wait for your Falco to land before executing that shine. I was just practicing it and noticed that I would sometimes do it too early too. Not hard at all to fix, just be less hasty.

edit: oh yea mathos, I was trying it and can't seem to get it. Must need some hardcore timing.
Thanks! I though that might be it. I'll try waiting longer before I try to shine.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
So Forward, what is the story with the spike. Obviously, sometimes it spikes hard, sometimes it doesn't spike very hard. What's the difference/what's happening? I wish I knew ><

Eggm

Smash Hero
DJ boonbuggy.. the spike hits harder if you hit with it sooner to when the move first comes out or if they have more %, Tarheeljks pillaring on tall characters is a 50 % chance of getting hit or grabbed if they are good, cause if you dair early you get shield grabbed ify ou do it late to get the shine off and the predict it they will hit you before your dair, so as you come in they are gonna either guess dair early or dair late if they guess right you get hit..so pillaring isn't always the best option vses really good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom