• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward teaches Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zander805

Smash Ace
tshahi10 - The reason BS is so good at lasers is no secret... Before he plays Smash he sticks his laser finger up his butt for a good ten minutes...
This leads to the Ultimate Stinky Lasers, AKA: BS LASERS

I promise that if you practice this before playing Smash, you too can achieve Ultimate Stinky Lasers.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
I wonder if you have any tips on the B.S lasers. You knoe, the one that BOMBSOLDIER created by HIMSELF. now EVERYONE copies HIM and i want to too. i have also seen YOU copy HIS bombsoldier lasers and i wants some tips since YOU know how HE does it.

I am not implying anything
lol, i also hope you are kidding... how can you possibly know that bombsoldier did them before anyone else? oh wait, you dont, durr... i wonder what makes you think that americans copied one japanese falco when our falco's are probably better anyways.

forward

Smash Champion
It's all about spacing. Grabs will catch you when you are right next to them, regardless of what move you throw out, because grabs have ultimate priority. Some attacks will still beat out a grab because they come out quicker, such as a jab or a shine. Unfortunately tho the shine lacks range, and the jab can be punished.

I've started using sh n air, then instead of fast falling I hold back and land out of their grab range. It baits out sheild grabs pretty well if they block and is usually safe if they are going for a grab.

Best way tho is don't even let yourself be put in a position where you can be grabbed. Focus on controlling the match and not putting yourself in a position which may result in you being grabbed.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Yeah its pretty easy to fall into the constant attack pattern of a Fox and then get grabbed because you're Falco. Maybe I'll just lay off a little more during the match.

MrPBody

Smash Journeyman
Any tips fighting aggressive foxes?

Or the fox's that just abuse grab when they dash dance. For this I know I can spam, but I was wondering if u got any advance techniques.

When a fox is off the stage & above platform lvl & is always sweetspotting, what can a falco do prevent a fox's sweet spot?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
if they come down from a certain angle, the fsmash can hit them. the hitbox is suprisingly big.

the match up can be pretty difficult, you just have to dodge alot and not shield too much cuz it gets u pressured and grabbed also utilt beats fox fjnair iirc

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Use down-angled up-b's to sweet spot the ledge.
Eh, I'm not so fond of this anymore. People (I mean my Marth friend) just see it coming and I get f-smashed. I try and switch it up, but then they'll just come out and hit me (cause you need to be so dam close for the up-b to reach...)

The short f-b works better imo. Not consistently, but use once in a while.

I'm having trouble w/ grabs . I don't do enough. It's so bad, what exactly should I follow up w/? I mean, d-throw to d-samsh works occasionally, but there's nothing else really... The f-throw is crappy and the u-throw is unprdictable (the di I mean). Any suggestions?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@yoru: I don't dthrow much b/c it is hard to follow up and you can rarely get off a downsmash or a shine b/c people just roll out of range. I happen to like the fthrow at higher percentages-- it generates a good deal of knockback. As far as uthrow is concerned, I try to play it as though I have just done a shine. You can't react as quickly due to lag, but your opponent will probably DI the same direction as if you had shined them.

edit: the only time I dthrow is if I notice that my opponent doesn't always DI

South_Paw

Smash Ace
i usually start shooting lazers low... they start floating above those.. then shoot a little higher... then they have to float above those...keep doing that until you're shooting them at the highest possible point of your short hop... then they're high enough that you can up-tilt them, then get in a back air.

iNinTenDude

Smash Rookie
best smash?

whats falco's best smash? we aall kno fox smahs up A reigns supreme, but what about falco's? i personally think its the side smash, but his ariels are somewhat better if u have the skittles enough to get ur opponent in the position to drill!

mathos

Smash Champion
Because Falco is so much more of a technical character learning curve wise as compared to strategies and mindgames of hte majority of characters.

And we're just cooler.

mark.

Smash Journeyman
southpaw-- umm try not fastfalling your lazers so that the lazer shoots at the peak of his jump, cause peaches usually do that dair heel crap to hit ur head, so a lazer would hit their feet :D

and about the edgeguarding, sometimes i try and sweetspot the legde but i miss it by a little and fall to my death. what should i do?

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
and about the edgeguarding, sometimes i try and sweetspot the legde but i miss it by a little and fall to my death. what should i do?
Best thing to do is practice it. If your a little lower than it and missing it, then your probally scared your gonna to be hit. Just remind yourself you'll make it (and when you get hit, you'll be prepared). Just practice and on different levels too. Battlefield will be the hardest, but sooner or later, learn to sweetspot 'em.

Because Falco is so much more of a technical character learning curve wise as compared to strategies and mindgames of hte majority of characters.

And we're just cooler.
lol. Too true. Spoken like a true Falco player. ^_^

bunnies

Smash Rookie
Oh mighty Forward, bringer of light and giver of et cetera...

Quick question: what is your hand layout when you do the infinite (technically) JC-shine? Are you pressing B Y B with your thumb and index finger with your middle on R or something else, because I can't see someone move fast enough to press B and X/Y with only their thumb...

suprneb

Smash Cadet
hellloooo

hi forward

in your video C.O.C.K., theres one part where you kill a sheik at the Fountain of Dreams when both of you are off the edge, and you shine sheik and then you suddenly jump up and dair sheik - sheik goes up and like half a second later she goes down - how do you do that? is it a 'shinecancel'?

(what is shinecancel - how to do it? :p)

and another question

when you pillar someone, how come when you do the dair, sometimes you hit the ground before they do (meaning how come the spike doesnt SHOOT them down)

i know you're supposed to hit the ground before them (or pretty close to when they hit the ground) in order to do the shine, but when they're in the air and you dair, how come they only lightly fall to the ground?

every time i dair, my enemy literally SHOOTS to the ground...

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord

Quick question: what is your hand layout when you do the infinite (technically) JC-shine? Are you pressing B Y B with your thumb and index finger with your middle on R or something else, because I can't see someone move fast enough to press B and X/Y with only their thumb...
Actually they do use there thumb b y b. That's it. Its very hard but it takes lots of practice. Now another option is jump canceling with the analog stick. That's a whole nother story lol. I almost got it down.

@SUPERNEB What forward did to the sheik is indeed a jump canceled shine. You can immediatly jump out of a shine. Which is very handy in comboing opponents. He shined then pressed x or y, or he shined, than jumped up using the analog stick and than daired. The reason why it happened so quick is because you can jump out of the shine 1 frame after it's executed which is an incredibly small amount of time. There's 60 frames in 1 second.

ALso about shooting your opponents down. It depends on the percentages. If there at a ridiculously high percentage of course they will shoot down but. If they are at "reasonable" damage jump (double jump if needed) dair and than you need to fast fall down before your opponent hits the ground. To give you a better understand of this is go to practice mode and shine a peach and follow her in the air and dair her, FAST FALL and than when you hit the ground she should be above you where you can shine again. You'll be able to see it for yourself in viperboys combo video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYJzRABZFQ

forward

Smash Champion
Well that's cool. But what I ment was, for the last few pages, everyone has answered the questions for me, they all wanna be Forward teaching Falco lol. Not like I mind tho as they are simple questions anyone could answer.

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord
Well I figure I would save you some breath. Because people asking the same question over and over can drive you banana's. Anyways I don't want to be forward and he's not my favorite falco lol. But i'm sure he's a cool person.

bunnies

Smash Rookie
Actually they do use there thumb b y b. That's it. Its very hard but it takes lots of practice. Now another option is jump canceling with the analog stick. That's a whole nother story lol. I almost got it down.

@SUPERNEB What forward did to the sheik is indeed a jump canceled shine. You can immediatly jump out of a shine. Which is very handy in comboing opponents. He shined then pressed x or y, or he shined, than jumped up using the analog stick and than daired. The reason why it happened so quick is because you can jump out of the shine 1 frame after it's executed which is an incredibly small amount of time. There's 60 frames in 1 second.

ALso about shooting your opponents down. It depends on the percentages. If there at a ridiculously high percentage of course they will shoot down but. If they are at "reasonable" damage jump (double jump if needed) dair and than you need to fast fall down before your opponent hits the ground. To give you a better understand of this is go to practice mode and shine a peach and follow her in the air and dair her, FAST FALL and than when you hit the ground she should be above you where you can shine again. You'll be able to see it for yourself in viperboys combo video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDYJzRABZFQ
Yeah that's what I've been doing (B X B not B Y B) with my thumb but I was wondering if there was another way that other people have been doing it.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Well that's cool. But what I ment was, for the last few pages, everyone has answered the questions for me, they all wanna be Forward teaching Falco lol. Not like I mind tho as they are simple questions anyone could answer.
Lol, I just read back and yea you're right.

No big deal though as you have said, it's all community just lending out a helping hand here and there.

Siruma

Smash Rookie
hi!
I´m a falcoplayer from germany and going to attend my first bigger german tourney soon.
I got almost all advanced technics down, but don´t have many experience on matchups or playing human opponents. recently I recorded some of my matches from a quite small tourney. maybe you (or anyone of the other forwards here ^^) can help me improve my game with some advice.
thx already ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIA2glFZ0Jg (falco vs link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTzemrlvaLo (falcoditto)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qotzi7EbsEs (falco vs shiek)

kamikaze falco

Smash Lord

Forward you want to answer bunnies question lol. He clearly wants to hear from you :chuckle:

Butters=sucks

Smash Rookie

i am sorry this is one of the dumbest questions i have ever seen

anyway i go kaio ken an **** then i die its like WTF i suck

bunnies

Smash Rookie
@bunny: not to steal foward's glory (couldn't even if i wanted to) -- you can definitely go from b to y and back w/just your thumb.
Yeah I got the LHDL (or whatever the hell the order is) down with B and Y and I can do enough of the JC-shine infinite while the other person is spawning now with B Y B :lick: . Now all I have to do is regress months back to the past and stop SHLing with the X button. Thanks to all that helped...

Except Butters...I have no idea what you said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom