• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward teaches Falco

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcc

Smash Ace
for your 1st question try pressing away, jump, c-stick bair, and DI to ledge. dunno if that works though :p

shine after your shuffles to prevent shieldgrabs. for pillaring, time dair a little lateish so you can shine faster to prevent shieldgrabs but not too late or you will get shieldgrabbed before the dair comes out. for shuffled l-cancels, SH->airiel->at the peak of your jump, FF and press shield at the same time. for uptilts and waveshine, umm just practice?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
XmangoX

The way you Edgeguard with the Bair, That I do that seem to work pretty good is you use what ever button you jump with (Mines Y) and then I push the Z button backwards, so act like your doing a Jump Canceled Grab backwards and most likely you'll land back on the edge. Do get them with the shffls, say yours pillaring them with Dair shine Dair shine, you Want to do it to the middle of their body in the air. Catch the middle of their body in the air with the Dair, it you wait for them to get close to the ground, then you do a dair, it will make their character just get stunned by the Dair possibly you missing the shine, so always catch them in the middle of their body in the air, thats what I do. Waveshing, I'll tell you that later, I have to go to school, heres a link to one of my vids, try to copy what I do. I'll help you when I get back from school :).

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hL61RJmnMP4

Edit: Before I go, the way to do uptilts practicing if you can't do it in one spot, wavedash, and then while your in the wavedash hold the direction up and then an uptilt, it'll prevent you from uptilting, The key to uptilting is doing it after a move, but the move, like a dair to up tilt, after doing the Dair L-cancel it and hold up very quickly because theres some lag. Thats a good way to combine uptilts with comboing.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
you can certainly do utilts by always setting up in the previous move, but I find myself screwing that up sometimes and jumping inadvertantly, so I find that learning to tilt the control stick up very slightly so as to do utilt without jumping is more useful. This is also generally just a good skill to have when playing other characters like marth and doc who have nice fast, high priority uptilts that you should be able to do with no setup.

xmangox

Smash Rookie
ive been tryin to edgegaurd with bair for a day now and i keep either falling or it wont work =/ and for the pillaring shine dair shine dair for chars in shield method? any? and a habit of mine is accidently doing falcos stupid forward a move the little twirly windmill thingy? is that effective at all or can anyone have any idea on how to break the habit?

South_Paw

Smash Ace
...since sean or shizwiz havent answered you yet and im bored...

the twirly windmill kick as you referred it... is MOSTLY useless... but it can be useful when you're being edgeguarded, since its multiple hits throw people off because the move is almost never used and therefore most wont be expecting it. but mostly you dont want it to use it on the offense.

and while im at it i have a question for ya sean... when playing a marth that is extremely patient what would you suggest... for instance, all he really does is wavedash around using the neutral a's and tilts at nearly perfect ranges so there arent any openings. would you suggest baiting with lazers or dancing in and out of their range to bait attacks and possibly rush in behind their sword?

forward

Smash Champion
Coty: Use platforms to maneuver around and make some sneaky opening on your opponent. Also try laying off of the lasers, lasers have a tendancy to telegraph to your opponent what you are going to do next. Use them sparringly, or find new ways to use them.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
thanks... as i do with lazers, im starting to see more and more why you would use them when landing behind and make use of them myself...

now suppose you're on FD?

And i normally agree with the platform idea, but for the most part, once you get on one its hard to get off, as marth will stand under the platform and tilt or tipper away with you... : /

forward

Smash Champion
FD is simple it's just spacing. If they try to retreat keep getting closer with shl until you can shuffle past them. It may be kinda scary but don't be afraid to land close to them with shl. If you think they are going to attack you shuffle n air through them.

Light

Smash Journeyman
Hi Forward, I say saw you on srk :)

Anyways, how can I beat coty in a Falco ditto? He's got weak mindgames(lol) but he's too fast.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hi Forward, I say saw you on srk :)

Anyways, how can I beat coty in a Falco ditto? He's got weak mindgames(lol) but he's too fast.
Roll like a noob

LMAO!!! He got no mindgames son!

Wow... too good. I'm not that fast you just roll alot and lazer spam and pillar... thats the only reason I could beat your falco with fox, I was just more patient than you... my fox sucks at that fight but all I had to do was wait for you to make a mistake.

Light

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah, I become ******** at tournaments

Hey, he's going to shield grab. I probably shouldn't dair.. but it looks so nice. w/e.... Oh GOD

I'll try to calm down and think next time.

bobknob

Smash Cadet
forward, how do you do those fast multiple jabs that you use in some of your vids against people who are shielding? Just hitting A or do you press down or something?

Mrobinson587

Smash Apprentice
foward i was watching old sets of you and taj vs ken and isai
In it you seemed to use falco foward a alot especially when jumping up from the ledge and a few times in the air.

Was this on purpose? Do you use the fair in your falco game

terr13

Smash Journeyman
Can you actually pillar a person's shield with two hits of the F-air?

forward

Smash Champion
Ya, it's kinda pointless tho, most of the time you just hit them with the first hit, because the kick usually goes over the sheild. That's one of the reasons I use it tho, it can still hit them even when they try and block.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
I've seen shiz do this and a guy that I play with in Memphis... but what exactly is the quick *** shining that shiz does in his new combo video around 5:16? I would assume is has something to do with JC shining, but if that were true, one would expect to be able to see the little sparks that come off of fox/falco when they jc shine, but as far as I can tell they aren't there. Long story short: what exactly is going on?

opiumfish13

Smash Rookie
Falco Tips

Good evening Forward & everyone else, I decided to pick up Falco since 1) he seems to be all the rage these days 2) he's the only character I do not know how to play well. I have all the basics down (SHUFFL, wavedashing, tech, SHL, Waveshining etc.) but I seem to have some problems.

1) When trying to JC out of the shine after a SHUFFLed Dair, I can't seem to do it fast enough to continue my combos. The opponent keeps on DIing away and it's very difficult for me to follow up w/ another Dair or Bair or whatever. Am I not doing it fast enough, or do I have to use the analog stick to also DI toward the direction. Which leads to my other problem. When using the X and Y button to JC out of the shine, I can't JC fast enough but I can DI my attack, but when I use the analog stick to JC, I can't DI towards the opponent... what to do? I really want to get the SHUFFL Dair, Shine, Dair, Utilt combo down..... but can't seem to do it. ;_; Suggestions?

2) What button config do you all use, Y to jump around and C-Stick for aerials? Thanks in advance.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@DJ: I think the "quick *** shining" you are talking about are jc'ed shines. I'm pretty sure Shiz said he could do like 16 if he wasn't touching someone.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Opiumfish13,

Your probably jumping out of your shine too fast so you stay in your shine. Or if your getting out of your shine, your probably doing it too slow. If your trying to get a shine on a fastfaller, always wavedash out of your shine, or do the double jump thing at the beginning. But if comboing a Marth or another Floaty, jump out of your shine, but if they are quick enough to DI, *example* you approach them with a dair, after you hit them with the Dair they automatically DI because they know the shine is coming. Then wavedash out of your shine instead of jumping. But if they don't DI, then just double jump out of your shine, do the dair, fastfall it, wait to you get to the ground to l-cancel it, and then try to get in that uptilt.

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
@ Forward

- In your opinion, who do you think is Falco's best team mate?

@ Gimpy

- Go back to your corner and play with your boozer

<3 Gimpy

forward

Smash Champion
Well playing with Taj my favorite Falco teams are Falco/Fox which is really good, almost broken. I also like playing Falco/Marth, I think some of their double team combos might be better, although it can be harder to get a kill. Plus it having two space animals against Jigglypuff teams can be difficult.

romeo619

Smash Ace
hey meng.

i play like. this ic player. he's good yo. goes by aznlep, think u played him at dp.

anyways. yeah. it's usually real close, but if you got any tips they'd be appreciated man.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol i might not be forward, but i can put in a little word for you romeo. (i guess being #1 or 2 IC in norcal would suffice as credibility.)

romeo, you play falcon, don't you?

for falcon vs IC: well, i played silentspectre in quite a few friendlies, and patience is key for the falcon. you know how falcons are: pretending they're offensive when they're really being patient. keep doing aerials until you can get a dair and some knees in there. quick uthrow-knee or dthrow-knee is also great for separating em. you can spam aerials if you like, which puts on some good pressure, but be careful about the iceblocks and wd grabs cuz ic's do them unexpectedly.

SS was giggling one time because he knee'd me and my nana like 6 or 7 times in a few seconds. the knee is your friend lol.

for falco vs ic: this matchup is a b*tch for falco. falco is the easiest character to do 0-death combos on with the ic. but i did play the SNAP a few times, who has a pretty nice falco, and i find that falco's best way to get kills on the ic's is to
1.) kill nana - falco's a combo beast. get that b*tch and **** her lol. just open up the ic's and wait for separation. some say falco's dthrow is a good way, but i don't know lol.
2.) spike popo - sometimes you don't even need to kill nana to do this, but it makes it easier. popo vs falco is still and even matchup because popo can still do 0-death by himself lol... but popo's GREATEST weak point vs falco is getting spiked, because his vertical recovery is garbage.

i know aznlep is good, falco vs ic is an uphill battle... but you'll get used to it.

i advise falcon >>>>> falco for the matchup.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
I wonder if you have any tips on the B.S lasers. You knoe, the one that BOMBSOLDIER created by HIMSELF. now EVERYONE copies HIM and i want to too. i have also seen YOU copy HIS bombsoldier lasers and i wants some tips since YOU know how HE does it.

I am not implying anything

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wonder if you have any tips on the B.S lasers. You knoe, the one that BOMBSOLDIER created by HIMSELF. now EVERYONE copies HIM and i want to too. i have also seen YOU copy HIS bombsoldier lasers and i wants some tips since YOU know how HE does it.

I hope you're kidding.

technomancer

Smash Champion

O_o Bombsoldier invented Falco! Also, B.S. lasers? I thought all lasers were BS.

Any good player who doesn't use good techniques is limiting himself.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Um any tips fighting against a marth would be helpful. Most specifically edge guarding.
Any other tips would be great too.

tshahi10

Smash Ace

I hope you're kidding.
I dont get it.Im not kidding.
FORWARD has not replied to anything yet. he is being lazy for now.respectively

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom