• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sinz said:
oh. that one is still up?
Then lets make it 2. and 1 mini how does that sound?
Chill said:
If we do that then nothing has changed. That's how it sounds.
Chill's right. I think the best idea is to have one full sized mafia and one mini mafia going at the same time, because 1 game probably isn't enough to accomodate for everyone who wants to play, while 3 games (as we've seen) is too many for people to manage to stay active in.

So yeah, whomever has a mini mafia game planned, and is closest to the top of the list should try and get the OK from bahamut or drab to start.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Ok, so one mini and one full. So that means I have to wait for Eorlingas to finish, so ZMan can go first. (Sign me up please! Right away! I've got no mafia game to play in right now!)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'd like to sign up for Lost Mafia 2, even though I probally wont get my turn till december.

Ragamuffin Raptor

Smash Cadet
Duke said:
HAHAHHA, I just remembered that you were independantly aligned.....I can't believe the prophecy was so literal.
I still think you're mafia in that game. The second night I was gonna kill you but since you were still missing I killed the person who bandwagoned with you against me... oh well. I still got 3 kills in 2 nights, that's pretty good, hah.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think we should try two games of any size and see how that works out. If there is still not enough activity then we should switch to 1 reg and one mini.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
New Rules?!?!

I agree with chill: 2 games of any size going at a time only...
I also have thought about the rule system, for my mafia (PUT ME ON THE LIST ALREADY!!!) game I plan on using the following rule system that I revised from the original...I suggest you read it...I think all mafia games should use this system as it will keep activity and length of the games down and make it more fun for everyone!>>>I would like to name this the Drab-ligolski rule set...as it incorporates the original and my additions...lol (i am partially serious, I want at least some credit!!!)

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS; EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PLAYED A FEW GAMES. YOU MAY FIND SOME MAJOR CHANGES.

How about this rule: NO SWEARING. Bahamut edited out some curse words, so continued violation of this rule could result in consequences beyond the scope of this game. But that's not in my hands, however. EVEN IF I SEE THE STARS I WILL WARN YOU ONCE. IF YOU DO IT TWICE I WILLGIVE YOU A POSTING/VOTING RESTRICTION (varies on the offense), THAT LASTS FOR THE REST OF THAT DAY. THREE STRIKES AND YOUR OUT-> YOU DO IT A THIRD TIME, YOU ARE MODKILLED. (The strikes are cumulative.) This is a little harsh, I don't mind if you use alternatives but if it is obvious that the stars mean something then the above said applies...

In Mafia, there are a certain number of players, divided into two main groups: the Town, and the Mafia. If you are a member of the town, you win if, at any point, all non-town members are dead. If you are a member of the Mafia, you win if the Mafia ever comprises a majority of the remaining players. (For example, if there are three mafia members and two town members left, the mafia wins.) If you are neither town nor mafia, your winning conditions should be explained in the PM I send you. The way you go about winning is simple: you kill off people you don't like.

Here's how it works:

Each game 'day' is divided into day and night. During the day, players post in the thread, trying to decide which members of the town are really members of the mafia. BUT YOU CANNOT EDIT YOUR POSTS AT ANY TIME! Please post carefully! Each player gets one vote per day, and whenever one player has a majority of the town's votes, that player is lynched by the town, and is eliminated. Votes look like this:

Vote: Eorlingas

Please bold your votes.

If later, you decide to change your vote, post this:
Unvote: Eorlingas

If you don't bold the votes, then I will not count them. You won’t have any other penalties, but if some of you decide to not bold them then I might screw up the game.

During the day, the town tries to decide who is acting like a Mafioso, and debates about who to lynch. However, the mafia will try to mislead the town into lynching a town member instead.

Each day lasts until one player is lynched. After a player is lynched, the day ends, and it becomes night. No player may post in the thread during the night. However, "twilight" posting is allowed. This is posting after someone is lynched, but before I post the death scene and declare it night. During the night, the mafia chooses one player to hit, and will PM me their choice. That player is killed, and eliminated. Also during the night, some players may have night abilities (detailed after the game begins.) If they wish to use these, then they can PM me with their actions during the night. NIGHT WILL LAST 4 DAYS FOR EVERYONE…IF YOU WILL BE GONE AND THINK YOU WILL MISS A NIGHT THEN PM YOUR CHOICES OR WHAT HAVE YOU…IF YOU DON’T PM ME WITHIN 4 DAYS (96 HOURS) OF THE DEATH SCENE THEN YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK.

There are two night abilities which are part of every mafia game and they are the Doctor and the Cop.

Each night, the doctor selects one player to protect (other than him). That player cannot be killed during the night, either by the mafia hit, or by any other night abilities. The cop chooses one player to investigate. The next morning, the cop will learn whether that player is aligned to the town, or not.

Players with beneficial night abilities like this would be best to keep them secret, so as not to become instant night kill targets for the mafia. Therefore, it's usually best to keep your abilities secret for at least the first portion of the game.

After all night abilities have been received, the next day will begin. I will post in the thread the obvious results of the night actions, such as who was killed and whether they were mafia or town; however, I will not tell you who killed who. The point of the game is figuring out whom, after all.

Also, no outside communication is allowed by town members unless told otherwise. The mafia, however, can communicate with other mafia members via PM, e-mail, or whatever. The mafia knows who is in the mafia and who is in the town, but each town member is ignorant of what alignment anyone has except themselves.

Play continues in this day/night sequence until either side's victory condition is met, at which point the game is over.

Remember, this will be a rather long-term game, so if you won't be able to commit some time to this game, please, don't sign up. IF YOU DON’T POST AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK THEN I WILL WARN YOU TO GET ACTIVE…IF YOU STILL DON’T AT LEAST SAY “I AM HERE” WITHIN ONE MORE WEEK IN THE THREAD THEN YOU WILL BE MOD-KILLED!

*I WILL NOT TOLERATE INACTIVITY AS YOU CAN SEE. MAFIA GAMES ARE NO FUN WHEN NO ONE PARTICIPATES.

-Ligolski

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Get over it. :p

Zman gets the green light. I figure it'll take some time to get people signed up, anyways. Or maybe not, who knows.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
the no swearing rule was there before I changed anything...I just planned on enforcing it for once...
I believe people who swear actually violate the rules that this site puts forth...that is why I think certain people (hinthint frozenflame) should at least cut down on the amount that they swear...I don't mind a little of it but too much in a short time is disrespectful to everyone and could violate people...it might actual be against the law to forcefully swear to minors...harasment or something to that nature...I really don't know but I see it as a possibility...

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You should seperate the completed games and unfinished games into different categories.

That way people know what not to do when hosting a game.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I also wanted to suggest that people take previous mafia games into consideration when assigning roles. Drab has been mafia in almost every game he has played. When someone has the same role again and again it makes the game more predictable. It probably makes it less fun for anyone playing the same role over and over.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Chill said:
I also wanted to suggest that people take previous mafia games into consideration when assigning roles. Drab has been mafia in almost every game he has played. When someone has the same role again and again it makes the game more predictable. It probably makes it less fun for anyone playing the same role over and over.
QFT

CIn all the mafia games I've played I am always town. I DUN WANT TO BE TOWN ANYMORE!!!!

pezaddict

Smash Lord
Chill said:
I'm just gonna randomly assign the roles.

Thats seems the most fair, I think.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Hey bahamut did you get the inactivity rules idea from me for the failed zman mafia???
I think my rules for my mafia game are pretty good...though I might put in a day limit like a week and a half for days 2 and on and like a week for day one...unless some other solution seems better those are going to be the rules for my mafia game (put me on the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
ligolski said:
Hey bahamut did you get the inactivity rules idea from me for the failed zman mafia??
I actually had planned on implementing something along these lines before you had mentioned it, but it's still a good idea and it is currently being used in Fire Emblem Mafia.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah... now that I'm off the waiting list and onto the active list, I'll like to sign up for a Megaman mafia!!!

And remember Bahamut... your rules apply to you too.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ligolski
Hey bahamut did you get the inactivity rules idea from me for the failed zman mafia??

I actually had planned on implementing something along these lines before you had mentioned it, but it's still a good idea and it is currently being used in Fire Emblem Mafia.
Yea, I really like the day restrictions...

I can't wait for my mafia to get going...it's going to be awesome!!! By the way I haven't checked BUT IF YOU HAVEN"Y PUT MY MAFIA GAME ON THE LIST-> DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Same message here: update the list!!! And so you don't have to read before, I want to sign up again for a Megaman mafia!

G

GotMink

I would like to sign up for hosting a game. It'll be a Legend of Zelda theme, and it'll be a mini with 15 people in it. Probably 3 mafia, 1-2 independants, and 10-11 town members.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Yay!!!!!! At ^^^ Good work!!!

But... 13th. I'll probably be going around spring break if Baha's rules are kept in line.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Well as it goes to show in fire emblem the day limit wasn't the greatest but it actually did generate a lot of discussion! I think the day limit SHOULD be there but I think it should be extended to like 10days or something, maybe a little less. A week at least, we should experiment over the next couple of games a little...We will have to wait and see about the rest of the other days and if their limits are sufficient...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Hey bahamut you should pm the next few people who are supposed to host games and make sure their still good...because I think kirbyphreak dropped off the earth and others may not want to host anymore or need a reminder that they are coming up...

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
ligolski said:
Well as it goes to show in fire emblem the day limit wasn't the greatest but it actually did generate a lot of discussion! I think the day limit SHOULD be there but I think it should be extended to like 10days or something, maybe a little less. A week at least, we should experiment over the next couple of games a little...We will have to wait and see about the rest of the other days and if their limits are sufficient...
Well, I think the current rule is four days for day one, and a week for the rest of the days. Maybe we could do something where it starts at a week for day one (still limited because day one is pretty random, but longer than what we saw in FE), and goes to eight days for day two, nine for day three, etc. It gets larger because later in the game there is more to discuss. But it's still enough of a limit to help keep the game from dragging on forever.

But yeah, I agree day one should be longer than four days, for sure.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I like that idea doc...It sounds nice and balanced for each day given the circumstances for each of those days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom