• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I think that the Forum Games really need this topic.

The lowdown

What to do:
  • This topic is only for discussion about the games from this room. No melee talking, no art talking, no school talking.
  • Discuss how you think the room is. Happy? Angry about something? a problem with the rules? etc.
  • You can suggest a new game in this topic, and get responses from the members who might end playing it. This way you can polish it before you post it.
  • Have tip for a game? Or do you think some things should be changed about another game? Then post in this topic.
  • Or if you are just interested in other member's opinion ask them in here.
Not to do:
  • Don't ask me about the Blacklist here. I prefer pms so I explain a warning person to person.
  • And don't start to get too much off topic. I'll be very easy on this topic since I know that the talk wont be 100% about the games here only ;) but that's minor thing, just try to stay as much on topic as you can.
  • Obey the rules of SmasWorld, duh, I don't need to explain.
  • Oh and no still no sig. I know that this is a discussion topic and therefore sigs would normally be allowed, but think on a newbie when he sees this topic, then he will start to post his sig in the games as well.

Shouldn't be that hard to follow. And it's not really rules, just an explanation what this topic will be about.

Bahamut edit:

I'll be posting the list of the next Mafia games here, on this first page. To "stand in line" for the next Mafia game, please post in this topic and I'll update this first post. PM me if I don't do it promptly (despite appearances and intelligence, I AM human).

List updated 10/25/07.

Current Mafia Game(s)

ligolski --- CSI
Frozenflame751 --- Trigun

Standing in Line (Upcoming Mafia games)
(themes in italics)

1.) Eorlingas --- WTF Mafia (name pending)
2.) camo-man --- Megaman
3.) GotMink --- Legend of Zelda
4.) Zman --- Meteos
5.) Ronike --- Megaman zero/ZX mafia
6.) Dr. Twist --- Sonic the Hedgehog
7.) Drab Emordnilap --- Smash World Forums
8.) Chill --- Undecided
9.) Diamond Falcon --- Star Wars Mafia
10.) Dark_Ermac --- Kung-Pow Mafia
11.) Blazer --- Gundum Mafia
12.) Mr.Lombardi34--- Heroes Mafia
13.) Smashman90 --- Transformers Mafia

Completed Mafia Games Archive

- SSBMafia (the one that started it all) by Drab Emordnilap - (link)
- South Park Mafia by thedocsalive - (link)
- Mario Mini Mafia by Duke - (link)
- SSBR Mafia by ender - (link)
- Dark Mafia by Dawnroyfire - (link)
-Lost Mafia by Eorlingas - (link)
-Fire Emblem by camo-man - (link)
kirbyphreak --- Food Court
falcoX --- Futurama
- Duke --- Sicily, Italy
Chill --- Kingdom Hearts
- thedocsalive --- South Park Mafia Deux

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Great idea MK. Now we can talk bout things hre instead of stopig the games themselves.

I think that we should have a Famiy Feud/Family Fortunes thing, where peeps sign up and are put into teams (eg. Team Mario etc.)
Just an idea. Was pretty good at my old MB.

link 2003

Smash Journeyman
i have an idea- we do a game like guess that smiley, were there are a few sceret smileys and a hint, and you would get points

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
^ Its just a general discussion topic for users of Forum Games.

I think we should do a 'Who would you most like to throw a custard pie at' topic. I would pick the Pres because he is (truth be told) a prat.

Link_in_park

Smash Ace
Could anyone tell why noone ever seems to play my games much? I seem to like them and wish more people would play them... But thats just my opinion... Would some one play my games.

Taddara

Smash Journeyman
yeah...i tried making a greed/millionaire game but no one was really interested...only 2 people wanted to play!

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
Maybe you should go to other forums for ideas. The neverending story and person above me game from SWF's old rival, rpgwarehouse forums (R.I.P., I loved that forum).

You could try to recreate some strange occurance in nature or something.

Originally posted by Link_in_park
Could anyone tell why noone ever seems to play my games much? I seem to like them and wish more people would play them... But thats just my opinion... Would some one play my games.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
weee

Good to see a general discussion topic here, MK. Hopefully it'll make the room a bit better.

Anyway, IMO if FG is going to be really successful, there need to be older posters coming here, not just the ones that want to inflate their post counts to 1000. The Best Non Broom posters topic generated a lot of activity, as did the Best Non Mod poster. Of course, repeats of those topics would be shortlived, but things remotely related to those ideas would probably bring in/back some of the older members.

Personally I'm going to try to start posting here a bit more, to help pave the way. That's if I can figure out how to acheive any influence on anyone here... heh.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by link 2003
i have an idea- we do a game like guess that smiley, were there are a few sceret smileys and a hint, and you would get points
I think this could be a good game! And just for the record, i think it's great that mods are posting in here!

Cerebrate

Smash Lord
Here's an idea for a game. I once played it on another board. As per its rules, however, I don't exactly have the power to be in charge of it.

One of the mods goes into SWF's language filter and censors a word that wouldn't normally be censored. Then, once the actual game is started, the person in charge will give a hint as to what the censored word is. If nobody can guess the word within a day or two, a new hint will be posted. Whoever believes that they know what the word is will PM the one in charge with the correct word. The one who got the word right will be noted in the thread and/or given a set number of points, and a new word will be censored, and so on. How's that sound?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Uh... that would require a bit too much work. Why does the word need to be censored? Only Gideon can change that, so he'd have to be on and willing every few days... overall it doesn't seem too practical to me.

Anyway, in the Word Association game, I'd like to propose a rule change so that three new words are made in each post (not counting the previous word). That's basically how it works in the Nintendo version, so, uh... yeah.

shadowhuntr000

Smash Lord
Um, 'cause sigs aren't allowed in the forum game room, you should program a doohickey that gives the option of hiding your sig everytime you post here, but it shows everywhere else. That way you wouldn't have to worry about ticking the box EVERY time and/or getting on the black list for putting your sig in.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
MK, have you thought about having a new co-mod for FG? Since Shy Guy was really inactive?

I'm continually seeing sigs posted, I don't know if you want to opt to Gid for a new co-mod.

bunjiman008

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about this for a game......

Anyone familiar with Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance? You know the Krypt? Well, it basically consists of a huge tomb place that has many different koffins ranging from AA to ZZ, and each hold secrets (a total of 676 in the game). So, how about something like this for Smashworld? Where the letter combinations equal things related to Smashboards, i.e. Mods, Topics, and, for the unlucky, SPAM.

You would have to ask questions and whatnot to earn points to open certain combinations, some worth more than others.

How about? Yay or nay?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
I've noticed a bunch of people violating the 20 words rule in the Person Above Me game, and I figure that most of this is because the game is one of the more self-explanatory ones that are also seen elsewhere, so people just jump right in and post. It'd make sense to keep all rules on the first page, and try to make sure that new people know that, so they'll (hopefully) be more likely to follow them.

Another thing is when a game's rules are changed, some sort of procedure should probably be used. Some people who have seen a game once, and check it out a few pages later may not catch a rule change right after their post, and it's unreasonable to force them to look at the first page every time. So I'd propose that every time a rule is changed, the topic title is changed to reflect it (i.e. Person Above Me (rule change 2/2/03)) and the change be posted at least on page 1. This way all the newbies could see all the rules, including the changes, and anyone who's played the SWF version is aware of the mid-game change. It seems like it would work well to me, but if you have suggestions to make to that, I'm open to them... well, I sorta have to be, since I don't make the rules around here. ;)

Just some ideas.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Over the last week or so, i've brought the betting game back from the almost-dead pile and although, there's some people playing (keep it up!) a lot of the people who played in the past either don't know about it being back or just don't want to play. If that's the case, please PM me and let me know so I can make my job easier.

By the way, good idea KK!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
MK, and others too, should I restart the betting game? It's just that the scores have been lost, people who joined, now aren't there.....does anyone have any opinions?

BTW, in the caption game, it started to die because, people wanted to post a pic instead of waiting for four posts. Maybe we should shorten it to 3 posts and the 3rd has a pic?

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Why aren't signatures allowed in this forum?

BTW, THIS IS A GOOD PLACE IN WHICH TO GET YOUR POST COUNT RAISED. :D

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Ssbmrulesall
Why aren't signatures allowed in this forum?
A lot of the games take up only a couple lines, so, to make the page load faster for Dial-uppers, sigs are disallowed.

BTW, THIS IS A GOOD PLACE IN WHICH TO GET YOUR POST COUNT RAISED. :D
I know MK would say the same thing if he were here: If that's really the way you feel, you may be banned. :D

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Ticadrius
If that's really the way you feel, you may be banned. :D
Nah....that would be a silly reason to be banned.

TBC EDIT: No sigs in this room you idiot! Seriously, you have to be pretty dumb to post your sig in the Forum Games Discussion thread =/. Consider yourself with a warning.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Rules....

I'm noticing a lot of people are disregarding the rules in some games... so might it be an idea to step up the warnings (or something like that...) sorta like it was before? I'm not sure how often MK is looking here, though, and I know Tic's away on vacation.

Eh, I thought I'd bring it up.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Nah....that would be a silly reason to be banned.

Maybe not for you, but for those participating in the RPG, postcount++ = Gil++. SPAMming for Gil would get you banned eventually. =[

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
I have a statement I'd like to make about a couple of my topics in this forum.

I don't think it's right that Metroid Killer closed a couple of my game topics just because he/she didn't find them to be much of a challenge. I mean, people were enjoying the games, and games don't have to be a challenge to be fun.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Games need to be challenging so that they don't become spammy. This isn't a room designed to jack up your post count (regardless of how many people use if for that reason). Games that don't have any real challenge are then spammed in by people who want posts. That's why there are things like word limits.

From what I've seen, your games that were closed (for lack of a challenge) were so intricate that they required someone to name a character they don't want to "die" or determine which one of two things they like the most. They were closed because there was no challenge, which meant people would be too likely to use it to get posts. That's why it gets spammy, and that would be why it was closed. We don't have to leave a topic open just because people enjoy using it to get posts (in any room, not just FG).

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
I don't think they were just enjoying it to get posts. I think they were also enjoying the game itself. It sure seemed like they were, anyway.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
Ssbmrulesall, just stop argeuing with the mods, its getting a little spammy imo.

A little more on topic, I really like the games where mabey there isnt a lot of challenge
( no I'm not on your side Ssbmrulesall)
but more ingenuity (woa, big word alert) like " ruler of the land for instance" chance games like "the betting game " are always fun. so make more of those.

Chunky Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I'm delusional-so I'm not exactly sure...
Once I remember a game called Acrophobia, in which there was a couple of letters to make an acronym out of and the person with the best acronym won, and he picked the next letters. It was pretty cool, but then it disappeared. It was a game where you had to think about it, and if you did good, it was rewarding.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I have just updated the betting game. BTW, how long 'til the person above me game is re-opened?

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Hey, I know I'm discussing a topic I created a while ago, but I just wanted to say something about it anyway. Anyway, a while ago I created a game titled "SSBM Caption Contest", a game in which I'd post pictures of SSBM, and people would give a funny caption for each picture. After a certain amount of captions, I'd decide a winner for each picture, then post a new set of pictures, and so on. Well, after only a few posts, the topic got locked by ToadBanjoConker, because he said it was too similar to the "Caption Game" topic, but I'm not sure if I completley agree with him, seeing as how MY game worked slightly differently than that, therefore I don't think the lock of the topic was fair. Who agrees with me on this?

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey, I know I'm discussing a topic I created a while ago, but I just wanted to say something about it anyway. Anyway, a while ago I created a game titled "SSBM Caption Contest", a game in which I'd post pictures of SSBM, and people would give a funny caption for each picture. After a certain amount of captions, I'd decide a winner for each picture, then post a new set of pictures, and so on. Well, after only a few posts, the topic got locked by ToadBanjoConker, because he said it was too similar to the "Caption Game" topic, but I'm not sure if I completley agree with him, seeing as how MY game worked slightly differently than that, therefore I don't think the lock of the topic was fair. Who agrees with me on this?
I'd have to side with TBC on this man, really, the SSBM caption game wasn't very different from the "caption game" because the only difference was that in yours, only SSBM pics were posted, and other pics were posted in the other contest. Both could easily be combined into one, so therefore, I feel that your contest wasn't necessary.

SPAZ, if there aren't challenges, then people could just easily post without thinking, and the forum games would get spammy, due to the craving for gil. More games like the "what's that stand for" game would be nice, but so would that member game, where you have to post a member that starts with the last letter of the previous member, and you post their amount of posts, and etc.

A lot of people are starting to post sigs in some games too, I can point out quite a few individuals. It's not that sometimes people forget about the rules, but they disregard them and just post sigs.

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Actually, from what I could tell, the other game wasn't even a contest. All that would happen (from what I saw, anyway) is that a picture would be posted, one person would give that picture caption, then a new picture would be posted. But from what I could tell, it wasn't really a contest, like how my game was.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
TBC here. The SSBM Caption Game (being a contest or not) was practically the exact same game as the original Caption Game. Even though there are slight differences the root of the two games are basically the same.

The game will not be reopened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom