• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
I think I got an unfair warning. I accidentally double posted in a topic, and got a warning anyway, even after I specifically said that I tried to delete the double post, but that it wouldn't let me. I don't think that's fair since it was a mistake, and since it wouldn't let me delete the double post. Who agrees with me?

EDIT: I seem to have gotten two warnings in the topic I posted in. One for posting in a topic, when a similar one already existed, and one for double posting (which was an accident). That seems to have increased my warnings to three, but I don't recall what my warning before that was for.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nice to see Tic back and already at work. Welcome back Tic!

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Well, never mind my last question. It already got answered. Anyway, does anyone know when that "Throw a random video game object at the next poster" topic will be re-opened? I was really enjoying it.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
Originally posted by Ssbmrulesall
Well, never mind my last question. It already got answered. Anyway, does anyone know when that "Throw a random video game object at the next poster" topic will be re-opened? I was really enjoying it.
Something you should know about SWF. Once a topic is closed, it is highly unlikely that it will be reopened by a moderator. Consider that game dead.

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Yeah. I agree.

Btw, just to let everyone know, I'm leaving on Tuesday, and probably won't be coming back until Saturday or Sunday, so don't be suprised if you don't see any posts from me within the next few days.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
I have a suggestion to make, i think the forum games excessive posting rule should be re-inforced, I mean, the last poster for the first 5-10 games are always the same person. I mean, sometimes yeah, i've posted at like 3 at a time, but ive never seen the first page of the forum games with the the last poster as the same poster each time...

And the rule no excessive posting is also broken inside the games, eg

person A posts
person B posts
Person A posts

it's always like that in the games, for a whole page, it was completely posted by the same 2 people. i think this deserves some looking at

i mean, i think this even outweighs devious and male sheik's posts...

Cerebrate

Smash Lord
Btw, just to let everyone know, I'm leaving on Tuesday, and probably won't be coming back until Saturday or Sunday, so don't be suprised if you don't see any posts from me within the next few days.
Whoa, good thing you mentioned that! You're such an important asset to the boards, I'd cry if you were to stop contributing to the spam for a few days without forewarning.

Anyways, I agree with s'mores especially on the Person A, Person B note. It usually happens when two people notice that the other person is online at the same time, so they both just spam the crap out of the thread. We need to get some more intelligent life in here.

Ssbmrulesall

Smash Ace
Originally posted by Cerebrate
Whoa, good thing you mentioned that! You're such an important asset to the boards, I'd cry if you were to stop contributing to the spam for a few days without forewarning.
What's that supposed to mean? I don't spam, nor do I contribute to it. :mad:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
^is probably a joke. Anyway, I just updated the betting game and there are a fair few people with 2 *. If they want to keep playing, they should bet before Friday. Thanks.

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was just wondering about the title "FG abuser" I noticed Metalic Pichu had it, and was wondering...

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Uh... yeah, thanks for clearing that one up, mic.

Anyway, as you might assume FG Abuser is the title given to anyone who is banned from the room. So as our friend was banned from Forum Games awhile back, he was given that title (and when/if he comes back, it will revert back to whatever).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Another betting game update. BTW, what's up with the Black list MK? It doesn't seem to have been updated in a while. I know the title says otherwise but, for example, there is no mention in there about Metalic Pikachu.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Cerebrate
Anyways, I agree with s'mores especially on the Person A, Person B note. It usually happens when two people notice that the other person is online at the same time, so they both just spam the crap out of the thread. We need to get some more intelligent life in here.
Of course. This is called the "2-out-of-3" rule. You're allowed to have 2 out of three consecutive posts, just so long as you don't abuse the privilege, as Male Sheik and Devious so well did. This is something MK and I cracked down on during our raids in April before the server crashed. And now that I'm back from my extended vacation (my apologies, Giygas, but I am back), I plan to blast the everloving schit out of people who break this rule.

kupo

Smash Lord
Before the Boards crashed, I remember back in March, there was a game related to poems(?). It was something like "Haiku" or "Haiki"(=P sue me, I got a bad memory for remembering games). I'm not wanting to post a new game and not knowing the name of the game. I screw things up easily...:p
I was wondering if someone can post up that game...that's if the Mod allow it.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Originally posted by kupo
Before the Boards crashed, I remember back in March, there was a game related to poems(?). It was something like "Haiku" or "Haiki"(=P sue me, I got a bad memory for remembering games). I'm not wanting to post a new game and not knowing the name of the game. I screw things up easily...:p
I was wondering if someone can post up that game...that's if the Mod allow it.
LMAO, i posted a haiku game just a little while ago, but i had no idea that there used to be one! well, i solved ur problem without realizing it kupo ;)

BTW, i have a quick question about rule changes in games. i originallly suggested it, and it looks like MK enforced it, since i see it a lot. just 2 quick things: if a mod changes a rule in a game, is the game creater allowed to override it? and also, i think the rule change rule should be added to forum games official rules.

zoot, i think u should handle this, you like rules :bee:

kupo

Smash Lord
This is probably a stupid question...Relating to the "2-out-of-3" rule.
Person A posts.
Person B posts.
No-one else has contributed for a few days, so Person A posts.
Is that considered a "2-out-of-3" rule? Even though it's not consecutive posting, I'm just wondering.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I posted three times in a row (on three different days for three different reasons) in my "name that game" game. A bump and i think two new questions. Is that ok or should I not do that? It was over a span of like ten days.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Well, I take every 2-out-of-3 rule violation with a grain of salt. It's not a rule set in stone, with black-and-white style. There's always a gray area.

Triple posting is never ok, especially if two of them are bumps. At that point, you should realize that no one wants to play, and abandon it. Don't feel bad, poke, it'll only be a small violation with 1 warning. You'll be off the list soon.

But as to my main reason for this post. The potty humor will cease. I am sick of seeing the words fart, butt, pee and diarrhea in posts. Potty humor is out. From now on, if I see it, you get a warning, plain and simple. This is a blanket warning, since apparently all the mass warnings I've given aewjn haven't been enough, and others have begun to follow him. So, stop the potty humor. I am watching...

RichBrown

Smash Master
excuse me, mr tic, sir? how come you gave me a warning for my post in cerbkirbys topic? (wlel u havnt done it yet, but u said you would). help me understand, i didnt see any rule breaking in my post...... sir

EDIT: darnit, ive realized my error. terribly sorry:(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Betting game update first thing tomorow. Sorry 4 delay, explain soon.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
A) Next time, I'd prefer if you were to make a personal question to me like this one, that you PM it to me. The whole world doesn't need to see it.

B) That game was closed for other reasons, too. I don't see it going anywhere or any creativity coming out of it. Sorry.

Zootematix

BRoomer
Rule change.

RPGs are no longer allowed in the Forum Games room. They are completely useless and just take up too much space.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Mods, veterans, n00bs, lend me your monitors. I hope you know that I run the SSBM betting game in this room, but as the school year draws to a close, I will unfortunately lose access to regular internet access and sadly, access to these boards. I am looking for someone with frequent board visits to take over control of the betting game for me when I leave on Monday, the 27 of October. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I will announce who I will have take over for me on Monday. I will also send a list of rounds I have thought of to whoever takes over to either use or make their own rounds based on them. I hope that someone responds as I’m sure no-one wants the game to die and I don’t want a mod to take it on as well as looking after their own rooms,(but if a mod wants to, they certainly are welcome to apply) so if you PM me, I will certainly consider it. Thankyou very much.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Help the foot!

TheMasterFoot is running a game of Big brother. All is going fine except for the number of people voting. Pokemaster01 was the first person to be evicted and was by ONLY 2 VOTES! We had only 2 votes. People, please. Al we need is people to vote when people are nominated. The link for it is below.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33182

Zootematix

BRoomer
Re: Help the foot!

Originally posted by mic_128
TheMasterFoot is running a game of Big brother. All is going fine except for the number of people voting. Pokemaster01 was the first person to be evicted and was by ONLY 2 VOTES! We had only 2 votes. People, please. Al we need is people to vote when people are nominated. The link for it is below.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33182
That's why the game sucks and should have been kept closed! :)

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Re: Re: Help the foot!

Originally posted by Zootematix
That's why the game sucks and should have been kept closed! :)
I thought I'd give TMF the benefit of the doubt on this, since it IS structured considerably different than that LEGENDARY Big Brother debacle (x5) a while back when TBC modded the room. I am keeping a close eye on it, don't be worried. This is TMF's boat to sink or float. Does the game suck? Duh. We've had a lot of bad games. If it breaks any rules of the room directly, I will shut it down without pause. Understand, "A game must not suck," is not a current rule (although I'm VERY tempted to make it thus), so I don't have a reason to close it.

Should I have left it closed at first and not let it develop into the mutated spawn of evil it has become? Yes. In retrospect, re-opening it was the single biggest mistake I have made in my past 10 months as co-mod of this room.

However, now that I have re-opened it, I cannot close it again without due cause. For now, it will remain open.

RichBrown

Smash Master
gloating time

Tic, maybe your first hunch was right. but with my amazing persuasive skillz, i got you to re-open it. and now, with that move, i have created a game. a game so complicated, even the best would have trouble managing it. it is a game so horrible that.... its horrible. but you know what? it will remain open. i will carry it on to the end, no matter how long it takes. i will also gather followers who will help me in the "Foot's BB era", and the game will get some solid rules, and i will be around forever! and i have it all thanks to you tic. without you, my evil would never have spread thoughout FG! but now, with the amazing power i have, i am a force unstoppable.

mwahahahahahahaha!

*disappears in a puff of smoke, that maniacal laugh trailing behind

(*apoligizes profusely for the above paragraph)

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
As some of you know, Bahamut hasn't updated the betting game in a long time, and the game is dying. Mic_128 or anyone else reading this, if you feel like it's getting ridiculous, I'd be happy to get it up and running again.

David Kirk

Smash Ace
What is the difference between a game, and spam? Usually a game has a objective, or goal, or is fun. Some of the games...The Video Game, Game! seem to lack both of those.

And you seem to have posted your sig.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I'll gladly answer to that!

Yes there are some games out there which can be considered spam by some but a fun game by other.

The video game....game is one of those games.

I see the game as a challenge where I'll see if I can find the game that no one expected me to post or a game that people had forgotten etc.

I know that the game has probably more spam than "creative" posts, however we have been very strict on games like this in the past and if it makes a happy forum to have at least one "near-spam" game, then I'm willing to let it stay.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
MK, Baha is back, net probs or something, don't worry. Baha, good luck (aagain) and could you PM MK to make sure he gets this message. Thanks.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I would like to Discuss the use of a cool new picture for Sig Pigs.

Keep it in mind next time you feel creative ;).

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I have a question about the Video Game Cheat Game that's not in the rules. If a game that someone posts ends with a number, can we use the last letter of the number (four for 4, too many fours ;)) or do we have to find a game that starts with the number?

EDIT: MK was at post 6969! Hehe, so juvenile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom