• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
Heres my idea: a Super Smash Amazing Race. 24 people, in 8 teams of three, would compete through PMs and the game thread to get to each checkpoint. If your team is the last one there, you are all out. It would be like the show, with Detours and Roadblocks, but I cant think of any possible challenges that would work. Any ideas?

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
working through PM is always difficult because people forget to answer them or don't see that they have one. Besides how is a 'team' of people going to travel a website with roadblocks on the internet?!

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Ok, so I'm bringing this thing back from the dead. Post here if you want to 'get in line' for Mafia games. I only want 3 active ones at a time, so post here if you wanna host a Mafia game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ill get in line, with a "Lost" themed game.

Camo man said he would do one before me, so he should probally be next

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Maybe you should put a list of what games are on...

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Front page has been updated.

If camo-man posts here with an interest, I'll move him in front of you, Eorlingas. If Duke's mafia ends and he hasn't said anything, go ahead and start yours up.

Duke

I think you should make a post to the games that have already been finished so people can refer to them when wanting to learn strategies or trying to look up the playing style of a certain person ect.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
I want to host a mafia game, but preferably around June, when I have less work and more free time. Eorlingas can go first, but put my name on the list for a game in June, when there is space.

Simply put: I would like my first mafia game to be started when there is a free space in June.

In the future, I might do another one, but I'll wait for a bit before announcing. And my theme of the mafia game is "Fire Emblem," so no one take it!!!

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Front page is updated.

Eorlingas and Zman, if you guys have a theme, post it here so I can update the first page with it. If it's unthemed, that's cool too. Nothing wrong with a plain-Jane mafia game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I actually said it before, but mine will be "Lost" themed.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Oooooh.... can I reserve a July mafia game too? That'd be pretty cool and my theme would be Megaman. If not, I'll come back with my idea once my first mafia game is done. :)

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
I'm gonna make a new rule and say that you have to stand in line again if you want to post another mafia game. This is to ensure that everyone who wants to host a game actually gets a turn.

Duke

I repeat: I love men...
Duke said:
I think you should make a post to the games that have already been finished so people can refer to them when wanting to learn strategies or trying to look up the playing style of a certain person ect.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Sure, kirbyphreak, getting out of line is no skin off MY nose.

Duke, if people can't find the Mafia threads right now, they really shouldn't be trusted to run one. Plus, eventually this fad will die (not soon, I hope).

Duke

What?! That made no sense. All I want you to do is make a section of "previous mafia games" and then link to SSBMafia, SPMafia and soon MMMafia. It has nothing to do with people finding the threads or being capable of running a mafia game. It is just a quick way to view the previous mafia games to learn how to play or see the strategies of other players.

-=Marth_n_Roy=-

Smash Ace
IM here to question the actual 'gameness', if oyu will, of "Pichu must die".

to me the game doesnt seem lik e agame, just another spam hole. now granted you could take that guys idea and shape it into something else to make it a game such as

"Post how you want to kill Pichu, the next post is the 'judge' and decides whether or not the punishment is too ghastly or not. For EX

<(Tom: I Move to pichu geting shot to death by 15 Ak-47u
Bob: I second that *Pichu gets turned into swiss cheese*
I move that pichu gets. . .)>

and so on and so on

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Woah!!! It's Drab again! After a long absence. Go check the mafia games you're in Drab. There's a big conflict of who to vote. And join my mafia game!!

I would now like to bump my mafia game to late-May please (if possible, cuz I was here first!!!)!

SideEffect001

Smash Lord
I plan on hosting a Mafia game here as well, *goes to the back of the line*. It will be called Mortal Kombat Mafia. I should have done this a lot sooner.

kirbyphreak

Smash Apprentice
does anyone else think allowing more games is good? currently pez, you will have to wait for 8 games to end. that will be 9 months based on how long games are going. I think January of next year is a bit long to wait.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
Actually kirbyphreak, I disagree. There's not enough activity from some players in these games as is, and adding more wouldn't help that problem. IMO, this is due partially to AP tests/studying as well as some final projects, as some (many?) players are in high school. Assuming this IS an explanation for the problem, the summer games will go faster. Another thing that would help would be smaller games. Start in night instead of day? Maybe a fixed deadline for day one? More killing roles? :chuckle:

I don't know, just some random thoughts. Oh, and while I'm here...

In to mod South Park Mafia II!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
thedocsalive said:
Start in night instead of day?
That woudl completley suck if you were one of the people that were immediatly killed before you could post.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I realized that, but now that we're running more than one mafia game at a time (three), you could always be in others.

But the benefit is that it gives the town more to discuss on day one, and moves it along.

EDIT: And day one is usually the longest part of these games.

pezaddict

Smash Lord
Eorlingas said:
That woudl completley suck if you were one of the people that were immediatly killed before you could post.
I probably will just put a deadline for day one, but thats just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom