• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Food court and fire emblem and theres a link in the first topic

ligolski

Smash Rookie
um I think we need to update the mafia list and someone (being a MOD!!!) needs to pm the upcoming people because I haven't seen duke and falcox here in a while, unless i am mistaken...plus it would remind them where they are on the list and possibly weed out anyone who doesn't play anymore or whatever...
Standing in Line (Upcoming Mafia games) (themes in italics)

1.) kirbyphreak --- Food Court
2.) falcoX --- Futurama
3.) Chill --- Kingdom Hearts
4.) Drab Emordnilap --- Smash World Forums
5.) SideEffect001 --- Mortal Kombat
6.) Duke ---
7.) pezaddict --- Pokemafia
8.) thedocsalive --- South Park Mafia Deux
9.) Ragamuffin Raptor --- Marvel vs. Capcom
10.) frozenflame751 --- Trigun
11.) ligolski --- CSI
12.) Eorlingas --- Lost (part II)
13.) camo-man --- Megaman
14.) GotMink --- Legend of Zelda
15.) Zman --- Meteos
Thats the list now in which food court is actually now running and ragamuffin raptor hasn't been around too...

Ronike

Smash Ace
I want to be put waiting list tohost a megaman zero/ZX mafia please. Thx

ligolski

Smash Rookie
because fe mafia is basically done just- one more day and we know who we are lynching...

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
Just about the sig rule... why not setting up so that's impossible to enable sigs in forum games? Or doesn't it work?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It worked before, but it was lost in the forum upgrade. I don't know what's stopping it from working.

Also, for my question:

I've had an idea of a slightly mafia-type of game that would be really short, and only require around ten active players. It would only last a few days, or a week at most. No days, no night roles, just suspicion, and they would be in a base, kind of like a Lost Mafia event. And it would be based on the Thing, where people are constantly being infected, and no one knows who to trust, since someone could be infected at any time. Can I go ahead and make this, since I don't see it taking away from the Mafia base?

ligolski

Smash Rookie
sounds good to me eorlingas..count me in if u get the go ahead (which i presume would be yes)!!!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Drab gave me the green light. Give me a week to get everything set up and finalized.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Im always still around, especially the mafia games. Taking more of a back seat in the food court one though, as I came in a little too late and got confused. Still keeping up with FE though. I know who the mafia is and look foward to posting many pent up thoughts once the game is over. My ghost may have to come out again next night...

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I can't wait for the next mafia game to get started...in fact i suggest that the next mafia game get sign ups started since fe mafia is basically over with except for this random guy that must be left >_<...die scum/indpendant!!! lol

I can't wait to see the roles though...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
This is slightly difficult to write up. The game requires people to split up, without them having the ability to talk to other people. So, the thread will have to be quite at times, and the game carried on through PMs. That is, unless I can work around that.

Expect it Monday. I need to draw a map, get items, and think about reactions and things that I can throw in to make it fun. Plus, the game mechanics.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No more reserving. Let me create a thread

ligolski

Smash Rookie
hey when do u plan on starting the game eorlingas? i wan to know so i can join in on the fun!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I never made it. I have been doing things, and I am actually still planning it. The game is going to require you people to have quite a deal of freedom, but I still need to work out a system.

Think of it this way. I decide to make a MMOST, (Massive Multiplayer Online Strategy Game), where each soldier in a playing person, with another playing person controlling them, in a massive world that never goes away. See the problems that would arise from that? I would need to think of a way to make the soldiers want to follow the generals command, without taking away their free will and the fun of the game. I also need to make a way so people can continue playing, without destroying the strategy aspect. I also need to think of a way to make certain players generals, and to mutiny against bad ones, and to make each battle matter, without making people just play at 2 in the morning where everyone is sleeping but them.

In the game I am making, there are going to be parts where you split up, and have no idea what anyone else is doing/did. Which means no posting in the thread. Which would mean it would have to be taken care of by PMs, which is messy. I might have to require parts of it to be done by AIM.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
sounds great keep up the hard work

NEW MAFIA GAME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Since most of the people next in line are inactive/don't play mafia anymore, I think that Frozenflame should be next. He's been around the block long enough to make an enjoyable mafia game.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I still want to have my mafia game. I don't play that much anymore because when I left for my 999th post I was gone when the new mafias started and I haven't had a chance to join one. Besides none of the ones out are active at all. I wouldn't want to skip my mafia of Sicily, Italy Mafia (True Mafia). I promise it will be a good one. I am debating if should make it a elite mafia where only the best/winners/runner ups can play. That way it will be the mostly insanely active and intense mafia with little interference from the roles.

But Eorlingas if you need any help on your mafia/new game whatever it is just PM me, we can get together on AIM or whatever and talk about it. I'd give up playing in it for helping you making it sooner.

Ronike

Smash Ace
It doesn't really matter as food court has only one more day left one way or another.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But Eorlingas if you need any help on your mafia/new game whatever it is just PM me, we can get together on AIM or whatever and talk about it. I'd give up playing in it for helping you making it sooner.
Nah, I'd rather make it my own. Besides, you couldn't really play it if you knew how it was going to work (there are still roles and things).

I think Duke should make his mafia game soon, followed by Frozenflame, whenever Food Court gets done.

Duke

Nah, I'd rather make it my own. Besides, you couldn't really play it if you knew how it was going to work (there are still roles and things).

I think Duke should make his mafia game soon, followed by Frozenflame, whenever Food Court gets done.
Yeah, that's what I was guessing, it'd be rather hard to convey your thoughts to me. But otherwise, if you need any help with anything give me a PM, I'd be glad to advertize the game if needs be or anything else you might need.

I'm all for going next, but my my are those people in front of me really ALL inactive? Wow, I don't see how you could get bored of this game.

EDIT: Dang I better get the role names and stuff together I just figured out that we only have one mafia game out and another one pending.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Duke i suggest you don't rush...think it out so it can be a great game...i don't think frozen would be up thedocsalive is still active, and drab (who started it all) is definetly active enough to host a game since he is a MOD... Otherwise some of the others will probably get shut down before they started, like zmans, or will get skipped because of inactivity...

oh and Duke I hope i qualify for your standards because i am probably in the top 5 or so active members of mafia here among some others and you know who you are :)...

oh and someone PLZ UPDATE THE MAFIA GAME LIST!!!!!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Drab isn't very active. He's a mod, but you don't have to be active for that.

thedocsalive

Smash Ace
I'm only inactive a bit here since I get NK'd early pretty often. Such is life, I suppose. Acctually, that's death!

But if we decide to skip around and put me up sooner (thought I can't imagine we have THAT many inactives), the setup is already written, and has been for quite a while. It's for 20 people, though I could cut it down if necessary.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
Well we need to get a game up and running now...so where is bahamut and drab when you need them!!! we should follow the order unless that person can't or is not ready...

Duke

Oh, dear. I probably should post this in here.

I have Sicily, Italy Mafia (Otherwise known as themeless mafia) up. Please, read the requirements, and then join.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Expect my Thing! thread up latter tonight, or tomorrow. Although I may delay it, to make sure that I don't siphon off players from other games.

Duke

I just wanted to make a quick post because I'm in the middle of one-gallon milk challenge and I have 10 minutes and 3 cups left.

I can't wait for your game eorlingas, I know it will be a good one. How many people are you planning on having play your game? If it is too big we should just cut the other mafia game and do my SIM (Sicily, Italy Mafia) and your game.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Around 12 people, although 12 is not the minimum. 6 is needed at a minimal, and 12 is the maximum.

My game revolves completely on activity, so it might last anywhere from a week or two, to over a month. Although I don't see it lasting longer then 2 weeks. It should be over by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom