• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
lol relax we're not jumping you. XD I think it was an awesome idea! Only flaw is the fact that after it loses its novelty and charm it could get tedious to play an entire game in that format. Not trying to offend you or anything. ^_^

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I want to host a Star Wars Mafia game!
I've played on this site before, and though I am not experienced, I am modding an Earthbound-themed Mafia game right now on Starmen.net, and I think I should be more knowledgeable about how to better mod after it's all done with.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I'll do it! But honestly, I dont think he's going to do it. :(

I just skimmed SSBM Mafia. It was the closest I ever came to loling in a mafia game.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll do it! But honestly, I dont think he's going to do it. :(

I just skimmed SSBM Mafia. It was the closest I ever came to loling in a mafia game.
Yeah I agree with you there. His lack of participation in current/recent mafia games doesn't bode well either.

As for SSBMafia, I also wen't back and reread some stuff (mainly the short [1 day] period I was alive), and yeah some of the stuff in there is so n00bish (even on my part) that it had me chuckling. Gotta laugh at yourself sometimes. :laugh: It's crazy how much we mafia players have "evolved" since then.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
w/e lets just a mafia game up, frozen you could always start yours, i know you are ready

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Wouldn't work, I've already thought of it. Perhaps as a different type of game, but mind games such as that could never work here.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I just PMed pezaddict about his Pokemafia game. If he doesn't show up, I guess it's thedocsalive's turn next. (I already PMed Drab and SideEffect01)

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Man, PM them all and go with whoever's highest on the list out of those that reply in a week.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
hey, i have been waiting for a year now so quit your whining...we go with the list

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I totally agree with the list. Should we establish a certain time limit which bumps the person off the list if they dont make the new Mafia game by a certain time? I think one whole month is pretty generous.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
hey, i have been waiting for a year now so quit your whining...we go with the list
0_0 didn't know that... but the people on top of the list just don't do anything, so I thought someone has to make a game.

Just put the ones who don't respond in a week or so one place down on the list, then pm the 2 on top on the list and if they don't respond put 2 people one place down, then pm the 3 on top etc.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Hey, I'm feeling lazy and don't want to read the last 5+ pages of line jostling.

Whoever's next on the list (I apologize, I haven't kept track) has 48 hours to start their game. After that it's next in line. Cool? cool.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Can you show me where you posted before Dr. Twist? otherwise I'm putting you last in line. Like I said I really don't feel like digging through the thread.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I for sure signed up before Twist, but I may have been after Lawrencelot, though I think I was before. I am content to go there

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It's after 48 hours, I sent SideEffect001 a Pm to start his mafia game. I also gave him 48 hours. I moved Drab down to the bottom, though that was only because I didn't know what to do with it. If he wants to do it, then I'd say he should be able to still go, since he basically brought this game to us.

Ronike I moved you up

Edit: Check out the new rule, #5
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1895968#post1895968

Edit2: I was thinking of adding another list for Adventure games (Like the Thing). Evil Eye is already next in line for his. The Thing is kind of a mess right now, they might all turn into that. It's not something easy to moderate, so I am currently thinking of it being an inheritance thing. I passed it on to Evil Eye, he could pass it on to whoever. Though that would kind of defeat the purpose of Forum Games if certain things where really restricted. So, thoughts on that? Since it would affect you people the most, I'd like to here what you have to say.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
I could never come up witha game like The Thing...I'm not really that creative though i have some ideas of new ideas...like Stargate where aliens are disguised as humans through phase shift technology...but yea...i have no idea for rules

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah I'm not so sure how well an inheritance system would work seeing as how those adventure games require a lot of attention and effort on the mod's part, and I'm not entirely sure there would be willing to do that job effectively, such that we could have a nice fluent cycle that wouldn't repeat itself too often.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Yeah I'm not so sure how well an inheritance system would work seeing as how those adventure games require a lot of attention and effort on the mod's part, and I'm not entirely sure there would be willing to do that job effectively, such that we could have a nice fluent cycle that wouldn't repeat itself too often.
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. By Inheritance, I mean that the current mod selects someone that he belies will be fully able to mod it, not the "winner". I know that Evil Eye can do a great job, so I already said he was the next in line. Then, lets say Evil Eye thinks Scav would do great, so he'd hand it off to Scav. After Scav's, he could think that maybe you'd do great, so he'd hand it off to you.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right, right, thats what I was saying, apparently I was the one not being clear. :laugh: Anyway, what I was trying to say, is that we may not have enough eligible and winning potential mods to have an effective cycle. Of course, if "shifts" are long enough then even if the cycle resets after only a couple people then it wouldn't be a problem.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
It's been 11 days from when Bahamut made the 48 hour rule...
Here's the list, so everyone up to frozenflame should have been able to start already (and maybe even Ligolski).

1.) SideEffect001 --- Mortal Kombat
2.) pezaddict --- Pokemafia
3.) thedocsalive --- South Park Mafia Deux
4.) Ragamuffin Raptor --- Marvel vs. Capcom
5.) frozenflame751 --- Trigun
6.) ligolski --- CSI
7.) Eorlingas --- Lost (part II)
8.) camo-man --- Megaman
9.) GotMink --- Legend of Zelda
10.) Zman --- Meteos
11.) Ronike --- Megaman zero/ZX mafia
12.) Dr. Twist --- Sonic the Hedgehog
13.) Drab Emordnilap --- Smash World Forums

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I've been in Mexico for a week, sorry bout that.

SideEffect001 did not respond. I pmed Pezadict a while ago, thedocsalive is now up. He has 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom