• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For what DLC character would you drop your current main?

IKEI

Smash Rookie
I mean, we all have that video game character that we just love too much not to play him. For me, it definitely would be Shantae, one of my favorite game series.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I wouldn't drop Pyra/Mythra as my main for anyone since they were my most wanted and their play styles fit me perfectly.

That being said, I'd definitely shift some of my attention to Shantae if she made it in.

AlizeZaide

Smash Rookie
If I can play Amaterasu from Okami or if I could play Taki/Natsu from Soul Calibur within the Smash Bros universe, I would easily drop my main.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
If I can play Amaterasu from Okami or if I could play Taki/Natsu from Soul Calibur within the Smash Bros universe, I would easily drop my main.
I feel like for Soul Calibur, Seigfried/Nightmare would be the best representitive. As he has the advantage of actually wielding the Soul Calibur and, more importantly (because let's face it, it is more important to the series) Soul Edge. He's also just visually one of the most interesting characters with the easiest time inventing Specials for (it's not really a series that's prone to flashy Special moves all that much) and could come with some nice alternate costumes.

AlizeZaide

Smash Rookie
I feel like for Soul Calibur, Seigfried/Nightmare would be the best representitive. As he has the advantage of actually wielding the Soul Calibur and, more importantly (because let's face it, it is more important to the series) Soul Edge. He's also just visually one of the most interesting characters with the easiest time inventing Specials for (it's not really a series that's prone to flashy Special moves all that much) and could come with some nice alternate costumes.
I think this thread was for you to concoct your own response and reference of subjective preferences for a DLC you would replace your main with, not a debate thread on who is more tangible as a representative for a franchise that houses said character.

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209
If any of my most wanteds make it into the game, I'll likely main or co-main them out of loyalty. That's pretty much the only reason I main :ultsteve:.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
I think this thread was for you to concoct your own response and reference of subjective preferences for a DLC you would replace your main with, not a debate thread on who is more tangible as a representative for a franchise that houses said character.
Well yes, but I'm just expressing an opinion on someone else's opinion. Otherwise it'd just be a thread of people voicing their thoughts with no meaningful interaction or discussion.

AlizeZaide

Smash Rookie
Well yes, but I'm just expressing an opinion on someone else's opinion. Otherwise it'd just be a thread of people voicing their thoughts with no meaningful interaction or discussion.
I'm going to do the responsible thing here and just block/ignore your account to prevent being notified even further on meaningless dialog with someone who doesn't get it. You need to learn simple social etiquette. The opinion you chose to express isn't even valid for this thread. Read the OP and follow simple guidelines. Thanks. 👋

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to do the responsible thing here and just block/ignore your account to prevent being notified even further on meaningless dialog with someone who doesn't get it. You need to learn simple social etiquette. The opinion you chose to express isn't even valid for this thread. Read the OP and follow simple guidelines. Thanks. 👋
That seems a little on the harsh side. You might find value in the things I have to say in the future.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sorry to be that guy, but I probably wouldn't drop Dedede for anybody. His playstyle suits me too well and honestly if he wasn't already in the game he'd probably be my absolute most wanted character anyway.

Although I'd definitely make sure any of my MWs join my usual rotation - I particularly imagine I'd love playing as Arle, and I'd play as Chorus Kids or Morrigan on principle. A lot of the time the sheer experience of playing as a character I love is enough even if their playstyle doesn't directly fit my tastes - like Little Mac for example, I still make it a point to play him because the fact that he's here still means a lot to me.

Unfortunately though, a lesson I learned from Little Mac is even if your MW makes it in, there's always a chance their playstyle won't quite be what you dreamed it would be. I try to find the silver lining regardless but it's hard to confidently say I'd drop everything and main a character without truly seeing them in action.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Meowth, being the character I've wanted the most for over a decade, would obviously be one I'd almost exclusively play no matter how good or bad I'm at him. There's plenty of other characters I could potentially main in favor of who I currently play but it very much depends on how they wind up in their case.

Last edited:

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
Whoever I decide to main isn't based on personality, or lore, or attachment. It is based on playstyle, and simply clicking with a character. I will probably not drop Wii Fit Trainer for the duration of Ultimate's life span.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Heihachi Mishima. I'd give up playing any other characters ever if he was playable as he's been my main in Tekken since Tekken 2. But there's one thing... his design would have to be implement well. Which is admittedly difficult for me to even imagine how to pull it off. He'd need hell sweeps, twin pistons and dragon uppercut for sure...

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It'd be really hard for me to give up Min Min, given she was one of my most wanted characters period. That being said, somebody from Rhythm Heaven would be pretty enticing, ngl.

UserKev

Smash Champion
While I want Scorpion in, I wouldn't main him, but he'd be historic. I'd main Cranky Kong or Knuckles over almost anyone other than maybe Dragonborn or Crash.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'd never drop Wario but the ones that would make me consider switching are Crash and Quote.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Probably wouldn't for any of my Most Wanted. Like, sure, I want them in, but their for other people for the most part. Like, I would definitely play Waluigi if he got in, but it's for the same reason people play Dan in Street Fighter. As a joke.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Probably Reimu, if her play style is fun and creative. Which given how shmups are, I’m sure they’ll think of some interesting mechanics

or Octoling cuz they’re so heckin adorable 😊🐙

or even... Elma or Neku... 😭

King Of Bunnies

Smash Rookie
If Sakurai added Viewtiful Joe, I would drop my main, Snake, in an instant and only play as VJ. It will never happen since Viewtiful Joe is too niche and even Capcom hasn't done much with the character in recent years, but I'd lose my mind if he got in.

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Ashley and Red. I want them in so bad that I'll drop Lucario for them no matter what kind of moveset they have. They obviously have little to no chance but if they did get in as DLC I'd go nuts.

volbound1700

Smash Master
If I understand this thread correctly, I am supposed to drop my main for another DLC?

I don't have a main necessarily. I am very good with Rosalina but I also play Mario, DK, Link (all three types. Y. Link seems to be my favorite in Ultimate), Kirby, Dedede, Banjo, Sonic, Olimar, and Pikachu a lot.

However, I will go with Rosalina. Since she is a side Mario character, I wouldn't be too hurt to cut here. Obviously, I don't want to cut Mario, Link, Kirby, Sonic, etc.

I would trade Rosalina for Rayman. Rayman is probably the most wanted character. I am tempted for Masterchief just for the hype of going to my friends and family to say "Smash added Masterchief". Outside of Steve, most of the characters have been "who?" kind of responses for most people that I know. (Some know Banjo, Terry, and Seph but the rest of the DLC is pretty obscure in my area unless you are with serious Nintendo fans). Masterchief would probably be the biggest "No Way" kind of add to the game in my area.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
I mean, we all have that video game character that we just love too much not to play him. For me, it definitely would be Shantae, one of my favorite game series.
I Wouldnt Drop Steve For Anyone, Ever Since I Found Out About Pass 1 I've Been Hoping Steve Would Make It.

Top Bottom