• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the last time: MK is no worse than 70-30 against Fox

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
You guys should make a baby together.

Then he can be the Fox boards leader.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
They're simply catching up to things I tried to say a long time ago. Scotu did mock me for saying Fox wasn't anything special months ago, saying he would main Fox to prove how godly he was. And then? He played Fox, learned his ins and outs, and realized he's nothing spectacular at all. I'm happy others are starting to see this. I remember Lucien getting shot down when he disagreed with the people here saying Fox was better than Wolf. Lucien actually realized Fox wasn't some godly character, which is why he was able to overcome the disadvantages he understood about Fox and place well.

Oh well. Glad people are getting on the right page.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Are you serious dude?

Fox..as a character..lacks the capabilities..to go even with MK.

JST

Smash Apprentice
Correction. No one in Brawl has the capabilities to go even with MK.
Some characters give MK a considerably difficult time. Falco, DK, Snake, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, even DDD (Sorta). MK still has an advantage in all those cases, but it's certainly not easy.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fox boards...I present to you...YOUR NEW LEADER.....

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

*watches as a revolution takes place
Lol at this whole leader stuff. The only time Scotu ever contributes it's something negative about Fox, i've never heard him say anything positive about Fox.

@ Pgh MVRGSls whatever your name is, to insult one of the few people who actually contributes decent material to your little matchup thread is comical.

Even if Fenrir is extremely optimistic in some of his views on Fox, he always presents valid arguments that have to be taken into consideration. All respect that I had for you before just went out the window.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Correction. No one in Brawl has the capabilities to go even with MK.
nobody goes even with mk because he is a god and CANT be beaten right?
Hmm. interesting point, there.

To call me the "leader" of the Fox boards is the most comical thing in this thread. I never said I was the leader...nor did anyone appoint me that. Not everybody on the board agrees with me...I'm just the one who doesn't kiss EL's *** here. I don't believe he's right in this...and I won't just let it go. He is trying to force the Fox board into "Oh noes! fawks sucks!" and I simply don't believe it. If you honestly think that makes me the leader... whatever for you... I'm not. I neve will say I am.
The character board does not need a leader.

and then you go "appoint" somebody who said false claims...and never refuted any of my points on the Tornado issue, in which he was obviously wrong...and yet posted it as fact, and then argued that it was indeed fact? hahaha. good call on our leader.

Scotu, to say I haven't given evidence of my claims is ridiculous. I've posted up and down these boards my reasons for Fox beating MK, it just gets really old regurgitating them every time somebody wants to feel special and make their own thread.

I read your final paragraph. I don't see any reasons why MK vs Fox is not 100:0... I see a blanket statement

"You have to realize why your character has a disadvantage, so you can try to work around the disadvantageous points and try to get a win out of a situation that's 70-30 against you"

I don't think the character has a disadvantage...much less a 3-7.. so how would I realize WHY that happens? your write-ups have stated wrong "facts" as to why he's a 7-3... one of your main points in another thread was that tornado ***** Fox... >.>

Again, I don't think Fox has no weaknesses. I understand that he has them...and I understand how to work around them. I do not get stuck on that, though, and completely rule out Fox's chances in higher play.

Again, if you do not consider the different situations that each character will be in in a matchup, you are limiting your view on it. I am trying to base my claims on who is more likely to win in a tournament setting... I understand that's not how you see it... I factor in "if A then B" relationships into my arguments that make everybody cringe... however, I do not think I'm wrong in doing so. Again, pulling a GW Fox matchup for this... Fox can usmash GW's SH aerials. Yes, that's baitable... yes... GW can react to that... but GW's main approaching strategy is beaten by a simple move. That should factor into the debate. Plain and simple.. that should be a factor in this.
I UNDERSTAND that I'm one of the only ones thinking this... and that you think matchup thread should be purely about frame data and range and such... but I simply don't think so. *shrug*
Fox is one of the best punishers in the game, when he is able to predict. that's not hard to see. Therefore, baits and situations will have to take a place in discussions to accurately portray what the matchup is like.

I understand why EL is backing Scotu... that's not the issue. I'm telling him to find another lackey because you're far too incompetent. : )

CO18, I agree that because I do well against MKs, it shouldn't be used as an example here... I may just be an amazing player who wins a 7-3 matchup. ; )

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I'm trying to wake you up so you say hmmm Fox has a few good points and alot of mediocre ones instead of...omg Fox has the greatest potential for mindgames and the greatest damage potential overall and some other such nonsense you and A6M were spewing in that aim convo.

That **** was laughable.

And whether you liked it or not or even acknowledged it...you were the leader of the Fox boards. And it seems like alot of Fox players did agree with me, but went along with what you said because you were so adamant about Fox having match-ups where he does well vs high tiers and top tiers when he really doesn't.

And you seemed knowledgeable so of course people will rally to you.

That's how humans are.

People follow those who they THINK will lead them down the correct path. Regardless of whether or not it's true.

It wasn't until I came around and called BS on your arguments that more people got the guts to say something. Maybe they were afraid of being ostracized by the fox community if they said something before.

Who knows?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Lol at this whole leader stuff. The only time Scotu ever contributes it's something negative about Fox, i've never heard him say anything positive about Fox.
You've not seen my guide I wrote. (http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188497) It's very optimistic and positive about fox.

Much of my posting is indeed about correcting other's mistakes, which are often overstatements about fox, so oftentimes my comments seem negative about fox. However, you'll note that all of my posting always takes a realist standpoint on fox, usually not optimistic, and almost never pessimistic.

To call me the "leader" of the Fox boards is the most comical thing in this thread. I never said I was the leader...nor did anyone appoint me that. Not everybody on the board agrees with me...I'm just the one who doesn't kiss EL's *** here. I don't believe he's right in this...and I won't just let it go. He is trying to force the Fox board into "Oh noes! fawks sucks!" and I simply don't believe it. If you honestly think that makes me the leader... whatever for you... I'm not. I neve will say I am.
The character board does not need a leader.
No one actually called you a leader lol. You just kinda assumed that that was implied somehow >_> (not until EL did just now anyway)
and then you go "appoint" somebody who said false claims...and never refuted any of my points on the Tornado issue, in which he was obviously wrong...and yet posted it as fact, and then argued that it was indeed fact? hahaha. good call on our leader.
Ok, i just got done playing a bunch of brawl. First off, the dair Rarely beats the tornado. If you somehow manage to get it perfectly lined up, then it might beat it, depending on when the tornado hits and when the dair hits. From the side, i don't believe it's possible for the dair to win at all. As far as lining up the dair directly above MK, it's more luck than skill, as the MK would have to move directly under you at the right time. HOWEVER, it is far more legitimate to assume you can SDI out of a tornado and SHINE MK out of it. However, by this time, you've taken a good 8-12%, and they took about 4% and are now below you to **** you when you come down. Moral of the story: Dair isn't a reliable counter to the Mach Tornado, whoever says that it is, is simply full of ****.

Scotu, to say I haven't given evidence of my claims is ridiculous. I've posted up and down these boards my reasons for Fox beating MK, it just gets really old regurgitating them every time somebody wants to feel special and make their own thread.
However, when you just go into someone's thread and make very blatant claims, such as "Fox goes even with MK" or "Fox's Air game is at least as good as MKs" without actually backing any of it up, not only doesn't help your point, but rather, it makes you look like an *** who actually cannot back up his claim. (which, since all evidence that has been posted here is actually pointing in the other direction). You're simply trolling.

I read your final paragraph. I don't see any reasons why MK vs Fox is not 100:0... I see a blanket statement

"You have to realize why your character has a disadvantage, so you can try to work around the disadvantageous points and try to get a win out of a situation that's 70-30 against you"
I've never said the matchup was 100-0; I've actually said that it's 70-30, something very different from 100-0

I don't think the character has a disadvantage...much less a 3-7.. so how would I realize WHY that happens? your write-ups have stated wrong "facts" as to why he's a 7-3... one of your main points in another thread was that tornado ***** Fox... >.>

Again, I don't think Fox has no weaknesses. I understand that he has them...and I understand how to work around them. I do not get stuck on that, though, and completely rule out Fox's chances in higher play.
No one is ruling out Fox's chances in higher play. Saying he has a 70-30 matchup vs saying he's even does no ruling out. It's just saying to be more accurate in your descriptions of how hard it is to win a particular matchup.

Levitas

the moon
Fenrir, I really like how you make the blanket statement "you're either with me, or you suck emblem lord's ****." That's great, especially immediately before criticizing scotu for making a blanket statement.

MK ***** fox for the following reasons: faster moves on the ground that are much more disjointed, a better grab game, better approaches, mach tornado, better shield pressure, better aerials that are more disjointed, better recovery, an easier time gimping fox, more options offstage, safe KOs when the fox is at high percent, and better strings of attacks.

Fox has an earlier non-gimp KO, but a harder time getting damage on MK, less range with attacks that are less disjointed (though in terms of attack vs attack, nair clanks with certain attacks), and for the record, Mach tornado wrecks the Dair.

If you say I'm sucking emblem lord's **** because I happen to have an opinion that isn't shared by you, then my response is a very douchey "I'm right and you're wrong, and try to disprove each and every point I made so I can destroy your response"

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If you SDI correctly out of tornado with fox you'll take like 2% .
yes, if you SDI the first hit away, you can probably escape only taking 2%. However, no real player will likely do that, and likely ends up SDIing out after being hit several times.

JST

Smash Apprentice
The very best counter for the nado is MK's own dair. Even THAT doesn't work half the time if the MK that is nadoing is competent. Getting out of the nado is NOT as simple as 'ok smash di up and YES no more nado problems.'

I find that I frequent the Fox boards more than any other boards because some of the stuff I read here is amazing. It also convinced me to pick up Fox.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol@scotu sucking my ****.

Do you not realize how many times he and I have had it out in the past?

I'm pretty sure I have gone head to head with every member of 5th pillar (that's the crew's name right? lol). Well everyone except Anther.

Although I'll probably square off with him sooner or later.

Levitas

the moon
lol EL, it's fifth COLUMN, and yeah, I'm pretty sure we've all argued with you at one point or another.

Edit: **** you scotu

M@v

Subarashii!

@ Pgh MVRGSls whatever your name is, to insult one of the few people who actually contributes decent material to your little matchup thread is comical.

Even if Fenrir is extremely optimistic in some of his views on Fox, he always presents valid arguments that have to be taken into consideration. All respect that I had for you before just went out the window.
Re read what I said again before you blow your top my friend.
Its not just you, otherwise I would of wrote Fenrir VII. And I also wrote in the plural. Believe me this isn't just you.
But yeah, you ARE one of them. Yes. you post insightful info, oitherwise I wouldn't of quoted you so much in the thread. You just throw out a lot of potential talk, and say that makes the matchup is what it is. NO it doesn't work like that. It's like saying "if football team A could do this, this, and this, and they did this, this, and this. And if their offense and defense are good, THEN they are the favorites."

What it really is "Football team A CAN do this, CAN do that, but CANT do this, and get beat on offense, but win on defense. Therefore it could go either way."

And no it isnt Mav's dictatorship. All I am asking is that we use facts, not potential, in matchup discussion. Start debating the right way. Thank you.

From the FACTS, Fox vs MK is 6:4 MK. From the "potential" its 6:4 fox.
I even said I wouldnt of quoted him in the thread so much. He just posts a lot of things I disagree with as well.

How am I insulting? I think Fenrir is a great guy. I am merely pointing one thing in his debate strategies I disagree with. This is America right? Also, because I direct one negative thing at Fenrir you hate me now? comical. I say one negative thing about one guy in who also mains fox, and all you have are insults for me. You don't even seem to have thought about what I said. Comon I know your better than that <_<.

god forbid i countradict myself once. And besides, I posted that to one of those guys who was saying "MK is better than fox because he is." Which we both know doesn't cut it.
I have said it before and I will say it again, I think this one is 6:4 MK.

and then you go "appoint" somebody who said false claims...
apparently you havent seen this.
http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=24035

just pointing out he never said rule out fox >_>

I understand why EL is backing Scotu... that's not the issue. I'm telling him to find another lackey because you're far too incompetent. : )
And he is a lackey? how? Because he agrees with the big bad Emblem Lord and not the Fox guys?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
*sees the blood and innards splattered on the wall*
what, again?

I have no idea where this notion of Fox going even with MK came in.

It is absurd.

I shouldn't even enter the argument this late.

I haven't seen the bickering this bad since the Wolf thread's Fox matchup.

I almost regret posting here

almost.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Some characters give MK a considerably difficult time. Falco, DK, Snake, Diddy Kong, Yoshi, even DDD (Sorta). MK still has an advantage in all those cases, but it's certainly not easy.
and theyre all 60:40 MK,no one is higer than that,not even Fox(espcially not fox,hes a 60:40 aswell)
*sees the blood and innards splattered on the wall*
what, again?

I have no idea where this notion of Fox going even with MK came in.

It is absurd.

I shouldn't even enter the argument this late.

I haven't seen the bickering this bad since the Wolf thread's Fox matchup.

I almost regret posting here

almost.
it helps pass the time

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
There's nothing stopping Fox from dancing circles around MK but you gotta agree the ball is always in MK's court.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
MK having better movement, good range on his aerials, and disjointed hitboxes seems to be quite enough to stop Fox from dancing circles around MK.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hell, i'd've just said dsmash stops fox from running cirlces around him... that or the fact that it's difficult to run in a circle in an almost exclusively 2D environment (where you can only run in 1 dimension)

Zhamy

Smash Champion
that or the fact that it's difficult to run in a circle in an almost exclusively 2D environment (where you can only run in 1 dimension)
MK can run in circles. He's that broken.

shadowfox009

Smash Cadet
mkay i'm just posting some data concerning the nado and getting through it. now before i get list them be warned not all attacks are one hundred percent hits, not that the moves aren't safe enough to use, just don't count on it every time. first off the best one i can think of to use from above is the n-air, d-air CAN hit but it's not as safe as n-air. from below this is my info based on successful hit percentages . f-smash is the sure fire as long as you can get the kick out, next is u-smash. u-smash can get alittle tricky but it gets the job done. reminder! i don't want to sound obivious but i will just for those who tend to forget. DO NOT approach from the sides that's a no no. it's either the bottom, near the eye or do what you can to aviod it. i don't have much advice on evading the attack but does that matter? fox is in your hands, you have to stay on your toes and think sharp. final words n-air and f-smash have a high chance of hitting from trial and error.

cakecontrol

Smash Cadet
Fox boards...I present to you...YOUR NEW LEADER.....

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!

*watches as a revolution takes place
I'm down with that scotu for prezz.

As for all this crap fox is not 50:50 with mk that is some bull. I dont know why anyone would say that. lol i dont know what mk you have been playing but they must be some scrubs. or you must be a super badass fox. (have not seen one yet)

P.S scotu mad props for the good word you put in for this.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Uhh, yeah... since when did a board require a leader? I'll answer that. It doesn't, and if it did, scotu sure as hell wouldn't be it. MK vs Fox is 60/40 for MK. A good Fox (man are those in short supply) can definitely compete with MK, but its MK, he gonna have the advantage. I'll go into one of my strategy break downs tommarrow... sleepy right now...

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
and theyre all 60:40 MK,no one is higer than that,not even Fox(espcially not fox,hes a 60:40 aswell)
I would love if Fox went 60:40 with MK.
He doesn't though.

you're dealing with someone who attacks faster than you, has greater aerial games.
has much safer options.
greater range.
better recovery.
great edge guarding game.
Reliable KO moves.

Against a character who has very few approaches let alone how those approaches are not very safe to begin with and sticking it against a character who can do all that and more?

I highly doubt it as being 60:40.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
SDI up then dair back down gets me hit twice, and stops tornado... I don't see how you're having a hard time with this. It is not timing dependent on the tornado as dair will trade with hits until it hits MK or it misses and gets you hit.
This works from a SDI at any point in the tornado. This works regardless of Tornado's vertical spacing.

wtf...shine? are you serious? You really need to sit down and test these things out, man.

Also, for the record, I was not thinking of Scotu when I said I did not suck EL's ***. believe it or not. I wasn't thinking of anybody, directly... I'm mainly talking about the people who lie down in front of him because he's not worth the trouble of arguing with...there's quite a few of them. : /
I was simply making a point that I get made an example and ridiculed because I do not agree with him. I'm sorry for the other implications that came out... I agree it looked like that, but it wasn't my intention.
I was also not meaning this as a blanket statement as "you're either with me or..."
I was simply saying that since I do not agree with him, I am made an object of ridicule automatically.

Also fyi, EL is trying to "appoint" Scotu as a leader here because he agrees with EL. that's what I would call a lackey. : )

dsmash does not stop Fox's ground game...dtilt is a better argument about that. But again, assuming sliding shield, and Fox could get a grab from that.

I KNOW...I'm again pulling "mindgames" into it... I apologize to all of you who think I'm wrong in that. *shrug*

I do not say I'm pulling mindgames into it to admit that I don't have a response for it. I say it because I truly feel it should matter in the matchup, a thought which isn't shared by too many people. I do feel that situations like that should be considered.

Fox has more killing power out of shield, dair, or dash than MK has from any move. it is not as safe, but assuming any of MK's attacks lag on shield, he's dead. If MK tries to tornado or upB at the wrong time and he's dead. Yes, it's not a safe spammable move. If it were, Fox would be incredible. as it is, it's not...and he's not.

I have never said "omg Fox has the greatest potential for mindgames and the greatest damage potential overall".
I say Fox is one of the best punishers in the game. that I do... I think he has a very good damage potential, yes...and very powerful killing moves that come out very fast.

And EL had made mention of me as the "Fox leader" a while back... so yes, he did refer to it, Scotu...that's what I was referencing.

"I've never said the matchup was 100-0; I've actually said that it's 70-30, something very different from 100-0"

uhhh... obviously? that was my point. You said you made this thread as both a reminder to the Foxes and a notice to the MKs... that Foxes shouldn't think they have it even, and MK shouldn't think it's a hard counter for MK...
But you made like no points for that latter point. You gave no real reasons why it wouldn't be a 100-0. that was my point.

Again, for choosing Scotu as a "leader" that the Fox boards shouldn't even have...be it me or anyone else... That, I can't understand. He has posted incredibly false info as a fact here... and then argued it.
I can't see how that would be any sort of a leader here.

You could argue that I have in my matchup analyses... and I would understand if you think I have. You think I'm false about saying 5-5 or better for Fox...
however, that is my opinion on a matchup. I am obviously posting it as my opinion on a matchup. Do I write it as fact? I guess so... but at the end of the day, I can only honestly write what I think about something.

Saying that Tornado ***** Fox... that is not an opinion. saying dair can't beat tornado... that's not an opinion. Saying you can't SDIup out of a tornado at head height... He's listing these "facts" that are just wrong. *shrug*
I figure a "leader" if we were to need one (laughable) should actually be educated on stuff he chooses to debate.

"lol i dont know what mk you have been playing but they must be some scrubs. or you must be a super badass fox. (have not seen one yet)"

haha. I'm going to leave that one for now. : )

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I recognize scotu as a good leader because he is analytical and doesn't let his fanboyism cloud his judgment.

If he was REALLY my lackey...he would do Marth's frame data and not give me any guff about it.

:)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
SDI up then dair back down gets me hit twice, and stops tornado... I don't see how you're having a hard time with this. It is not timing dependent on the tornado as dair will trade with hits until it hits MK or it misses and gets you hit.
This works from a SDI at any point in the tornado. This works regardless of Tornado's vertical spacing.
Exchange? Don't you mean clang?
in anycase unless you start from the top you won't be hitting him out of it.
mainly because it outlasts you.
you'll go clang clang clang until one of you gets hit and more often than not it is Fox. mainly because he has to start from higher up on the tornado in order to have a better chance.
dsmash does not stop Fox's ground game...dtilt is a better argument about that. But again, assuming sliding shield, and Fox could get a grab from that.
not good enough.
Sonic has a better dash shield grab than Fox in terms of how far he slides (not too sure if im wrong im wrong) and he cannot manage to consistently pull that ff. the point at which you need to do it as well as the momentum resulting from the hit that is shielded as well as how quickly recovers means that unless its a Dsmash, you'll most likely get punished. No MK is going to just Dsmash to fend him off that would be stupid.
I KNOW...I'm again pulling "mindgames" into it... I apologize to all of you who think I'm wrong in that. *shrug*
That isn't mindgames thats part of an approach. MK is grounded you rush dash shield grab.
Mindgame would be

Dash, side b cancel, dash grab when opponent strikes.
Fox has more killing power out of shield, dair, or dash than MK has from any move. it is not as safe, but assuming any of MK's attacks lag on shield, he's dead. If MK tries to tornado or upB at the wrong time and he's dead. Yes, it's not a safe spammable move. If it were, Fox would be incredible. as it is, it's not...and he's not.
yeah its great that Fox can punish a single mistake harshly, but the issue is that this assumes that MK makes the mistake. Considering that the position he can place Fox in means that he will not need to pull out a dsmash, shuttleloop unless he feels is safe.
Considering MK's range, attack speed means that the opportunity where he can use the move and be safe will come up much more often.

Fox does have the potential to kill MK with an early KO, however, once this is put into action and compared to MK's palystyle this just won't happen often.
Fox just does not have the means to create such an opening and MK's gameplay doesn't allow openings to be made.
however, that is my opinion on a matchup. I am obviously posting it as my opinion on a matchup. Do I write it as fact? I guess so... but at the end of the day, I can only honestly write what I think about something.
Except they are criticizing you for not backing up your points.
Or rather, not backing up your points enough.
And yes opinion is just opinion and best kept to oneself unless it can be proven or rather, shown to be difficult to disprove.

No more flaming guys. Lets just have a long intelligent debate. Drink some wine.
Watch some porn. Then go and sleep. yes?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
1 SDI doesn't get you out of a tornado at head height.

wtf...shine? are you serious? You really need to sit down and test these things out, man.
Shine does have some invincibility, and that can eat through a tornado. My statement came from direct empirical evidence.

I was simply making a point that I get made an example and ridiculed because I do not agree with him.
Actually, you're being ridiculed because of the claims you make, it just so happens that EL is making more rational claims, and therefore is not ridiculed about it. You'll note that no one says anything like "STFU you're not agreeing w/ EL" The ONLY person who keeps bringing up what side of the argument EL is on, and uses it as some sort of argumental point, is you.

Also fyi, EL is trying to "appoint" Scotu as a leader here because he agrees with EL. that's what I would call a lackey. : )
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=lackey
A lackey is actually someone who follows. Because someone appoints someone else has no bearing on if they are a lackey or not.

that would only apply if the MK were to sit there dtilting several times to allow the fox to run into the dtilt w/ a shield. A reverse sh fair > dtilt still beats all your approaches, including this one.

that isn't a "mindgame" and that is in no way "pulling 'mindgames' into it"

I do not say I'm pulling mindgames into it to admit that I don't have a response for it. I say it because I truly feel it should matter in the matchup, a thought which isn't shared by too many people. I do feel that situations like that should be considered.
Mindgames shouldn't be considered for matchups because they are character independent, in every way, shape, and form. bringing mindgames into a matchup discussion is like saying a fox player is smarter than a metaknight player.

Fox has more killing power out of shield, dair, or dash than MK has from any move. it is not as safe, but assuming any of MK's attacks lag on shield, he's dead. If MK tries to tornado or upB at the wrong time and he's dead.
MK has almost as much KO power out of his shield (shuttle loop), except that his doesn't really leave him open, and can attack during multihit attacks such as G&W's turtule, MK's tornado, or fox's fair/dair.

As for KO power out of his dair, MK's dair alone is a ko move against fox anywhere near the edge of the stage.

And EL had made mention of me as the "Fox leader" a while back... so yes, he did refer to it, Scotu...that's what I was referencing.
that's strictly out of context referencing. In this context, no one had mentioned a current existing leader (until EL slipped his post in before mine).

"I've never said the matchup was 100-0; I've actually said that it's 70-30, something very different from 100-0"

uhhh... obviously? that was my point. You said you made this thread as both a reminder to the Foxes and a notice to the MKs... that Foxes shouldn't think they have it even, and MK shouldn't think it's a hard counter for MK...
But you made like no points for that latter point. You gave no real reasons why it wouldn't be a 100-0. that was my point.
Since I was arguing against people who think the matchup is closer than 70-30, of course i'm going to argue w/ a majority of emphasis on what the MK can do against the fox. btw, many people say that 70-30 is a hard counter (note that hard counter =/= unwinnable).

Saying that Tornado ***** Fox... that is not an opinion. saying dair can't beat tornado... that's not an opinion. Saying you can't SDIup out of a tornado at head height... He's listing these "facts" that are just wrong. *shrug*
Saying the "Tornado ***** Fox" actually is an opinion *facepalm*; listing specific things about why the tornado is good against fox is not, however.

Note how I didn't say the dair can't beat the tornado, i said that it wasn't very likely to.

SDIing upwards 1 time doesn't get you out of a tornado at head height. This is a fact.

Top Bottom