• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOOLS!! R.O.B. Community Combo Video: Obtained footage, selecting music.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i say you only keep the first and last combos for stingers

joking aside i actually think your first clip is better than your second lol. i cant even do platform cancels

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I just messaged Sil, seeing if I can get the clips from him.

Speaking of cutting clips, I think there's a bit we can trim off. It feels like some of the clips in the first post wouldn't impress people. I'm not trying to diss anyone's skill, it's just the clips themselves are really short and things like spikes aren't going to stand up on their own anymore. If anyone has any newer or better clips definitely bring them out.

Bees!

Smash Ace
well all the ones for me are 1-2 years old. I have some better stuff now
Will sort out the jems this weekend.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol that first clip was when people were just starting to implement PCs (like, JUST starting) and I thought it was cool. but now its not because...PCs are easy and everyone does it. except u apparently >.> just hold down and do a bair right before u hit the platform, its easy

8Bitman

Smash Master
I just messaged Sil, seeing if I can get the clips from him.

Speaking of cutting clips, I think there's a bit we can trim off. It feels like some of the clips in the first post wouldn't impress people. I'm not trying to diss anyone's skill, it's just the clips themselves are really short and things like spikes aren't going to stand up on their own anymore. If anyone has any newer or better clips definitely bring them out.
Alright, cool. YEAH I GOTZ A GREAT 54 SECONDS FOR YA!!!

I actually have a personal request for three of my replays. If that is possible. Cuz it is funny and cool. =3

XD

ALSO!!!! EDIT!!!!: I just edited some of the submissions and shortened the time. We dropped the total of what we have so far to 7 Minutes and 44 Seconds. This is excluding Sol Diviner, Golden-Psycho, and my footage. So everyone please check the front page for your footage and tell me if you want to get rid of anything and if you want to add anything. ^_^

As soon as you receive the replays from Sil, Lucky, can you post them here so I can see what footage I still want to keep of mine? =3

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I'll be sure to do that, but I have a feeling it's going to take a bit of effort to get those clips. All I can do is message him and wait, and he probably doesn't check this site anymore. Doesn't anyone have his cell? fb? msn? anything? :x

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I can get in contact with SiL almost everyday. Don't fret. I mentioned this thread to him today and he said he would check it later. My guess is he just forgot. I will remind him.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I messaged him on FB yesterday, and he said he no longer has the clips. So that entirely got rid of all of our replays....

Sol Diviner, and Golden-Psycho, do you have anything that you want to submit to us at this moment in time???? I am so sorry for the loss of your footage. If you still have them we are fine, but if not then is there anything else you two can find?

I have the footage I want. And in the mean time I will find more. So yeah.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Okay then, can we at least get another compiled list of what we do have?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I submitted replay files too, but they should still be on my mediafire. I still want to submit newer replays, so I might just record everything myself and put it up.

:phone:

8Bitman

Smash Master
That would be perfect Zwarm. ^_^

@Mister Eric: Also, the list is on the front page, I know you mean a new list, but that is basically everything that you need to know.

I will update it when everyone tells me what they are keeping or submitting.

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
8bit, you sent all the clips to Sil, and immediately deleted them all afterward? >,<
And while we're basically starting over, are there any other ROB mains that might possibly want to be in this but don't know about it? I can think of a handful of good ROBs who aren't on the list. why? :\

8Bitman

Smash Master
Two things:

1.) Just 2 months ago, we hacked out Wii. So to hack our Wii we had to delete everything..... I wasn't expecting this to happen, sorry. T_T

2.) 6 months ago I asked the entire R.O.B boards and that list is what I got. If you can find anyone else, please go ahead and get them. =3

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Two things:

1.) Just 2 months ago, we hacked out Wii. So to hack our Wii we had to delete everything..... I wasn't expecting this to happen, sorry. T_T

2.) 6 months ago I asked the entire R.O.B boards and that list is what I got. If you can find anyone else, please go ahead and get them. =3
o you mean by "delete everything"? Are the replays I sent still intact? D:

Bees!

Smash Ace
I have new footage of a smarter more technical ROB so I could have those posted.(as opposed to the 09 early 2010 stuff you guys have of me) Also I am working on a melody for the ROB videos. Just a concept with a chiptunes style synth and hype rhythm. will post the idea hopefully by Saturday.

8Bitman

Smash Master
o you mean by "delete everything"? Are the replays I sent still intact? D:
Sadly no... SOORRRYY!!!! WE HAD TO IF WE WANTED TO HACK THE WII!!!!!!

WAHHH!!! T_T Do you have anything else?

And I actually have 3 music choices that I love and would recommend for the Combo Video (Well I actually want them in it cuz I am greedy, but it's your choice Lucky, yeahhh...)

1.) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/428217 (Could be credits)
2.) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/432975 (Has good parts for editing)
3.) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/433112 (Has good parts for editing)

If you're interested in them please put them on. I love these!!!! T_T

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Sooo, uh... I don't have a Brawl disc at the moment, so I'm unable to record the videos I said I would. I should be getting my disc back soon, though, so I hope there's no rush for me to get the clips submitted.

8Bitman

Smash Master
As long as everyone is interested in the Combo Video, and does what their supposed to do time isn't a factor.... Unless of course many weeks or even months pass by. O-o

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Sadly no... SOORRRYY!!!! WE HAD TO IF WE WANTED TO HACK THE WII!!!!!!

WAHHH!!! T_T Do you have anything else?

And I actually have 3 music choices that I love and would recommend for the Combo Video (Well I actually want them in it cuz I am greedy, but it's your choice Lucky, yeahhh...)

1.) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/428217 (Could be credits)
2.) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/432975 (Has good parts for editing)
3.) http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/433112 (Has good parts for editing)

If you're interested in them please put them on. I love these!!!! T_T
Well, I can resend the replays. I'm sure we have each other's Friend Code and Wii numbers. I forgot what videos I sent you, so it's gonna be a pain in the ***. I guess I'll just send what I think has nice-looking KOs, and have you be the judge of what KOs to put into the video, if that's alright. X___x

8Bitman

Smash Master
Well Before you send anything again.

Look at some of your footage and see what you think is good. Compare it to stuff that was already sent, if you can.

Also be very specific with the matches that you send. For you and Golden-Psycho I had to go to each video and write down the seconds in each match that you described to me.

Before you send them to:

1.) Say what characters are in the match
2.) Say what stage they are playing on
3.) tell me the time according to the 8-Minute timer of the match
4.) If it doesn't have a timer be very specific with the combo/highlight

I say this because when you send replays, they aren't sent in order.

Also if you have a SD card this could be much easier, if not just do what I said before.

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
No rush everyone, as long as we're making progress and not suddenly abandoning the project then it's all good. I'm looking forward to what Bees comes up with, and I'd like to wait on that before choosing music. Although I do like the type of songs you suggested, 8bit.

I'd just like to point out that I agreed to cover Sil's position of cutting clips and editing the video, I hope no one expects me to do the gathering process. 8bit, could you take care of that part again since everyone suddenly has newer clips to send in, you did a fantastic job with it the first time around.

And if you guys have SD cards, it's definitely easier on everyone (especially 8bit) for you to just upload the replays directly to the internet, instead of dabbling with FC's and wii codes. Just ask if you need any clarification on this.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Although I do like the type of songs you suggested, 8bit.
COUGH COUGH!!! THAT'S IT GUYS!! MUSIC IS CHOSEN!!! MINE WINS!!! XD LMFAO!!!

Yeah I will do everything else Lucky. =3
I did it once, it will be easier the second time.

Also yeah, everyone needs to get a SD card. Well, you don't have to, but it is soo much easier to just take them off the SD card, straight onto the computer and send them to me. O-o

If you are capable of getting a SD card in the near future please do it. And just copy the Replays you want using your Brawl Vault and put them onto the SD card.

IF there is no possible chance of getting a SD card in the near future, I guess we will have to send VIA Wii, but it will be a hassle.

Again, everyone, please remember to put the specific information I said to put for each and every Replay, so I don't have to do it. It can get annoying when you have to watch 30 Replays and wait for a described combo, and not a specific time... >_>

Please, and thank-you.

Bees!

Smash Ace
So wait...do you guys want to hear what I have? I have 2 concepts I am working on for you guys. And will give you the rough drafts by friday if you want to wait. Sounds to me like 8-bit has already made up his mind though...idk What do you all think? Should I continue to work on music to present for this project?

8Bitman

Smash Master
Lol I just joking. Make what you were going to make. We need music choices.

That is the type of music that we are looking for though. (The stuff that I posted.)

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
I said I like that TYPE of music, the second one is the only one I would consider using though. If we're planning credits, I have music in mind for that.

I'd love to hear what you got so far Bees >,> Also we need to bug the hell out of people so they can turn in clips. I know people are all like "well I still have time I'll do it later" and then they forget and I start editing and it's too late so that's important.

TURN IN YOUR FOOTAGE ASAP SO WE CAN GET THIS DONE FASTER!!!

luckylime

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember Victortristan? >,> I played him once, he was a beast ROB main but he retired.
He has some footage in this recent video on youtube, what do you guys think? and do you think he'll mind if we throw him in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7-zwCvX1hg

EDIT: Well the clips of him in that video are probably old/not very good but I wonder if there's something in the many matches he's uploaded of himself that we can use? He was really good when I fought him. :\

8Bitman

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind if you put a few of those in. They're not bad at all.

But if anything I would ask him first.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm gonna send some footage to your Wii later on tonight and send you a PM of what clips I believe you should add. Of course, if you feel there are other moments in said replays, or moments that I suggested be not included in the video, then by all means, feel free to use my replays in whatever way you wish. XD

Bees!

Smash Ace
working on music and getting my footage cut. I want to cut all of the combos I like and send you the footage. I will let you decide what is good enough for the video.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Alo do we need to make a list of people who are in the combos that we send?(you know opponents)

Bees!

Smash Ace
Like a Machine(Work in Progress)

Here is my concept for what I could do for the combo video. download the mp3 there. Let me know if you think it suits the vision you guys have. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5M1C6NM
Keep in mind it is the rough draft to see what you guys think. If you like it we can go with it and I will rough out the parts that sound a little offbeat and other things that you may notice.

I used 8-bit stuffs same as used in Little Sound DJ and other 8-bit music creators+FL Studios with their crazy percussion soundfonts.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I never got the chance to send my replays. Okay, I lie, I was just lazy last night and fell asleep, but I'll send in those replays this evening. >w<

8Bitman

Smash Master
Lol Sol Diviner. It happens to all of us just get them in and be done with it. =3

Also Bees, I really like it. But as you said there are a few parts that can be fixed. I like the 8BIT Dub-Step effect but it is extremely weird and sounds like farting at 42 Seconds. Its parts like that, if you can change the sound scheme try to do so, or if you can change how the 8BIT Dub-Step sounds. I really don't know how music making works but I really want to get into it sometime soon. =(

But I absolutely love the parts like 0:48 - 1:22, then 1:25 - 2:00. It's parts like that make me understand the song name. IDK I have a strange feeling for music and beats like that, I listen to a bunch of Techno and other related music. =3

Bees!

Smash Ace
Also Bees, I really like it. But as you said there are a few parts that can be fixed. I like the 8BIT Dub-Step effect but it is extremely weird and sounds like farting at 42 Seconds. Its parts like that, if you can change the sound scheme try to do so, or if you can change how the 8BIT Dub-Step sounds. I really don't know how music making works but I really want to get into it sometime soon. =(

But I absolutely love the parts like 0:48 - 1:22, then 1:25 - 2:00. It's parts like that make me understand the song name. IDK I have a strange feeling for music and beats like that, I listen to a bunch of Techno and other related music. =3
Ya 0:42 is a filler until I figure out which part I want to use. Also even though it is an 8-bit style if you guys want to use it I can give a more full sound by mixing in some techno synth and strings into the mix. either way it is a concept and I can expand on it if you guys like to make it sound more full.
even a thought of have it start 8 bit but transition into techno with orchestra strings and cinematics type music with a techno feel to it

Top Bottom