• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI's Electric Schuffle! Zeonstar is the champ!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
well, i didn't nescarrily forfit yet but whatever, i won't bother trying to argue it since i already got mm9 and don't feel like doing this tourney anymore

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I have to leave about 6 eastern tonight, so I need to get both rounds 2 and 3 done ASAP.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It doesn't say you have to stick with your first character until you win, you just have to win a round with both of them in order to win the set.

So for example, if you beat my Captain Falcon, I can switch to Metaknight if I please. Then if I win I have to switch back to CF.

It doesn't matter who you use first, or if you don't use them until you win, it only matters that you win a round with each of your characters in order to win the set.
If that were the case, we could switch our lead at any point in time. I think we really need an official ruling on this.

well, i didn't nescarrily forfit yet but whatever, i won't bother trying to argue it since i already got mm9 and don't feel like doing this tourney anymore
Once again, though, you shouldn't let that stop you. It's always cool to play just for the sake of competition! (And in my case, for the sake of not using Yoshi for a change, hehe.)

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
If that were the case, we could switch our lead at any point in time. I think we really need an official ruling on this.
My interpretation of the rules actually allows for some strategizing, instead of randomly getting stuck with TWO bad character matchups and not being able to do anything about it.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
FMOI can you make the rounds on Sunday start ALOT sooner because most people have school, so there'll be alot of drops...

Ugh, my girlfriend and her mom are going out tomorrow around 6 EST, which is like 4 Central.

I'm just going to drop out now then, it's not going to work.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
The idea is that you have to play through bad match-ups instead of switching to a better character. Being able to simply change your character when it's convenient defeats the whole purpose of the tournament.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The idea is that you have to play through bad match-ups instead of switching to a better character. Being able to simply change your character when it's convenient defeats the whole purpose of the tournament.
Rofl it doesn't matter anyways, I dropped out.

The start times of the rounds are just bad.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a "You versus me" argument. I'm legitimately trying to get a better understanding so that avoidable mistakes aren't made down the line with this. If loser switching is allowed, I'd like to know so I can take advantage of it. If not, I'd like to know so I don't have someone switching on me when I win.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What? You told me yesterday that you wanted to drop out because you already bought the game and I think you said something about your connection being messed up. If you still want to play, that's fine; there's still about two hours left.

peeup

Smash Lord
I'll sign up to be a sub... I guess.

If we have to be the polar-opposites I'll be Olimar/Zelda, but if we can choose any two characters, I'll be Olimar/Yoshi.

FC=3007-7827-7371

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
My brother was gonna play ROOOY, but they both got error code 86420 when they both hosted. So what do we do now? My brother has a football game and he won't be back until 6-6:30.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A6M something wrong?
you seem mad for some reason
I'm communicating with him telepathically so thus he's speaking for me.

My brother was gonna play ROOOY, but they both got error code 86420 when they both hosted. So what do we do now? My brother has a football game and he won't be back until 6-6:30.
I may just let you both advance to the next round because how there are people who aren't even showing up.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Could you make it so Steel Dragon plays him since they are both in europe somehow? That would relieve some lag on whoever plays them. But it doesnt matter that much.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Could you make it so Steel Dragon plays him since they are both in europe somehow? That would relieve some lag on whoever plays them. But it doesnt matter that much.
Distance doesn't affect how much you lag in an online brawl.

GFE

Smash Journeyman
yo where the hell is my opponent he or she hasnt responded to any of my pms like 3-4 idk
the point is that we as the smash community cant count on individuals like dis (cmon keep it real fellas
FMOI WHAT happens next?)

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
@ steel dragon: you know using 10char as a bypass for the ten charater minimuim rule is now against the rules right?

Anyway: next round is in about 25 minutes, right?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what actually happens.
Nope, I can play with someone next door to me, and lag like ****. And play with someone 2000 miles away, and not have an ounce of lag. And vice-versa, its all about the connection and your internet.

Btw good games last night.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Its not immune to distance, though.

But yeah, my neighbor can't play with me at all, but Europeans can sometimes play against me very easily.

Top Bottom