• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FMOI and Glyph present War of the Roses. DABUZ IS THE CHAMP!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
The timing is incredibly hard fm, but I know a lot of tricks, such as, nana grabs, charged usmash and bthrow into it.

Fsmash while grabbed twice
fthrow to fthrow to bthrow (kind of hard those ones)

I have trouble with the timing and getting the dthrow/fthrow to fair

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The timing is incredibly hard fm, but I know a lot of tricks, nana grabs, charged usmash and bthrow into it.

Fsmash while grabbed twice
fthrow to fthrow to bthrow (kind of hard those ones)

I have trouble with the timing and getting the dthrow/fthrow to fair
The timing is faster online, it's something that every online Ice Climber has to deal with. Overall, they're probably the character that's the most effected by online play.

@ Everyone else:

If your next fight for the practice tournament is obvious, just go ahead and do it.

Barge

I always thought it was dthrow to fair, but you do fthrow to fair, but I can still get up and attack without you grabbing me. How do you do it so you can grab me again? Like nitendogs does

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm not playing those ****ing matches with AstroKirby again. The matches ended at 1 - 0, because lag disconnected our second match. Both of us had three stocks and even though I was a bit higher in damage, it was only about 8%. I'm not playing the set again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I always thought it was dthrow to fair, but you do fthrow to fair, but I can still get up and attack without you grabbing me. How do you do it so you can grab me again? Like nitendogs does
You can do it either way, I just think the way I do it is easier for me online. Also, I didn't know you wanted me to do it continously. I thought you just wanted me to demostrate how to do it.

Add in:

Oh and you can only do regrabs with f/dthrow to dair until about 40% with most character because, beyond that, they just fall flat on their backs.

Barge

I wanted to see if you had any tricks up your sleeve that I didn't know.
Did you learn anything from what I did?

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You can't just say "I win" because the connection got dropped.

That second match was close enough that it could have gone either way. This is FMOI's thing, but I would have you continue the set, starting with 1-0.

Unless, of course, you guys can work something out. It is just a practice tournament with no prize.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wanted to see if you had any tricks up your sleeve that I didn't know.
Did you learn anything from what I did?
No, I know how to do those. An easier way to do fthrow chain grabs online is to make Popo do a fthrow, have Nana catch the person and then follow up with a dthrow, rinse and repeat. This works on most characters and is very hard to escape until about 60-70% if you get the timing done. It's a buttload harder to do online though.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Well, I'm here. But if my opponent never shows up and yall need to advance...
I don't know if it's fair for me to, since I said I wasn't able to while he was on.

Barge

My favorite would be the bthrow into a fully charged upsmash if only I could do the fthrow to fthrow when nana grabs them -_-

I do like the double fsmashes if they're at a high percentage though O:

Barge

Well, I got it down, its sort of easy after a while, I don't know how i'll fare online though

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I won 2-0 against Excellence.

ggs man. Nice Oli.

Edit: um, the first match was really close, I was on my last stock at 100%+... and the second one I was on my last stock also... I didn't 3 stock you.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
D: My Internet is being stupid atm >_< first my comp restarts by its own, then i get kicked out of Wi-fi, and then it won't let me connect >_< i won't be able to play anymore

Excellence

Smash Champion
I won 2-0 against Excellence.

ggs man. Nice Oli.

Edit: um, the first match was really close, I was on my last stock at 100%+... and the second one I was on my last stock also... I didn't 3 stock you.
Stop lying, you three stocked me. Who lies about something like that? I take it as an insult that you'd give me a comfort lie. My Olimar is not nice, he and I are both complete garbage. People who lose to us are just even worse.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Stop lying, you three stocked me. Who lies about something like that? I take it as an insult that you'd give me a comfort lie. My Olimar is not nice, he and I are both complete garbage. People who lose to us are just even worse.
Alright dude, your Olimar is garbage. w/e you say.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wtf, why would Ary lie?

Excellence, its no big deal. It was just a practice tourney. Losing sucks, but its still only wifi.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Wtf, why would Ary lie?

Excellence, its no big deal. It was just a practice tourney. Losing sucks, but its still only wifi.
I have no idea why Ary would lie, which is why he shouldn't He three stocked me both matches, what's not to believe? It was, as you said, just a practice tournament.

And I am serious when I say Olimar (as a character) and I (as a player) suck. There isn't much debate against that because there are so many gaping holes in my gameplay and so many more in Olimar's moveset and pikmin.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
OK, Excellence, you need to stop now.

You saying that you suck means that you think I suck even more, because you've beaten me before. That's bullcrap. You're a high level player, but you need to be able to accept a loss.

Top Bottom