• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Thread (Revamp Underway)

Do you want to make this thread relevant again?

• Yes, I've been waiting so long for this day!

Votes: 28 93.3%
  • No, this thread was never used much anyway.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I never even knew this thread existed...

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hello, i may be visiting miami beach around july 28th,a nd was wondering if any smashing would be going on during that time and around that area

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
Hey. Are any of you guys coming down to GA for Lasers again this year?
I really wanted to go, my dorm was only a 15 minute walk from the frat too...but the semester is already over, so now I am back in Fla =/....speaking of which...

I am now looking for folks to play with down here around South Miami. I never played seriously till college, so I dunno anyone that plays even somewhat competitively here :laugh: . So, send me a pm (or im) if you are having a smash fest/tourny anywhere in the area! :)

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
South Miami is a generalization to get a good idea of where I am. Honestly, I would prefer to not need to go too far for random smash fests if they are to happen often (that is alot of driving), but anywhere in the Miami area, or bordering is pretty good for me. (Tournies are a different matter entirely...).

However, I do live about 45 mins north of homestead, and at least vaguely know the area (a good friend lives down there.) That does seem fairly reasonable for a drive. But hey, if you know some other folks, mebbe we can start working something out here.

I was told by a friend that there are alot of good smashers in the Miami area, but I have not seen much advertised yet. =/

shoshone

Smash Ace
Yeah, Sheikfreak and Syko would be the best down in Miami. They live about 40 min away from me. Maverick lives in Kendall but I think he quit because people started to hate him.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Sheikfreak and Syko would be the best down in Miami. They live about 40 min away from me. Maverick lives in Kendall but I think he quit because people started to hate him.

Ah, that helps. I will keep looking folks up. Hopefully something can get worked out here...unlocking stuff after my bro erased it all only gets me so far in terms of amusement. :laugh:

shoshone

Smash Ace
I have Sheikfreak's cell phone number if you want it. He's a pretty chill guy. I kinda quit smash so I havent talked to him in a while.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
People (including some fine players) play every single day at Florida International University's University Park campus. Smash as well as other games usually are played on Gracie's Grill's (located in the Graham center) big flat screen TV, or in the Graham Center's 2nd floor small lounge area. There is a game room right next to Gracie's Grill as well. Also, you may find a lot less players over there since it is the summer semester.

Right now I'm in Kissimmee for the break. That is until late June. PM me if you want more information.

Mcscruff

Smash Ace
South Miami is a generalization to get a good idea of where I am. Honestly, I would prefer to not need to go too far for random smash fests if they are to happen often (that is alot of driving), but anywhere in the Miami area, or bordering is pretty good for me. (Tournies are a different matter entirely...).

However, I do live about 45 mins north of homestead, and at least vaguely know the area (a good friend lives down there.) That does seem fairly reasonable for a drive. But hey, if you know some other folks, mebbe we can start working something out here.

I was told by a friend that there are alot of good smashers in the Miami area, but I have not seen much advertised yet. =/
I'm hosting a tourney on 5/19. Its in weston, so it's not that far away from you (45 minutes or so).

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=103176

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
I have Sheikfreak's cell phone number if you want it. He's a pretty chill guy. I kinda quit smash so I havent talked to him in a while.

Thats alright, thanks.

People (including some fine players) play every single day at Florida International University's University Park campus. Smash as well as other games usually are played on Gracie's Grill's (located in the Graham center) big flat screen TV, or in the Graham Center's 2nd floor small lounge area. There is a game room right next to Gracie's Grill as well. Also, you may find a lot less players over there since it is the summer semester.

Right now I'm in Kissimmee for the break. That is until late June. PM me if you want more information.
That sounds pretty good (I know exactly where campus is). Who organizes these usually? Ill try to get in contact with em.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Hi there smashers, I'm looking for people to play in South East Florida. I just started playing well at college up in Tally. I live in Margate which is pretty much Coral Springs, however my driving perimeter spans from boca to cooper city and weston. I'm always up for a good money match or consistent sparring partners to play with. If anyone has any information on some good lan centers in the area I'd love some info especially on tournaments and stuff. In tournaments my name is Flawless Styles and my main is Falco. I also play a decent DK, Fox, marth, and Doc and am reasonable with most other characters. I'm attending BCC North Campus this summer for Calc classes and if anyone else is over there wouldnt mind usin their gameroom. Anyway, I'd love some messages or respones to play so hit me up.

F.$.

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Hey man. Like you, I just got started in this area, so I dont know a whole lot of people, but I can atleast point you in the right direction. There is a tourny in Weston on the 19th if you can make that:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2365792

Also, there has been a bit of discussion in this thread here:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2365861

I have a vague idea of where BCC is (I think I am a bit over an hour south of there or so), so if you ever host something, or get something together, send me a message/im/whatever.

graamd

Smash Rookie
School Year: SEFL - Jupiter (FAU HC); graamd; Falco, Marth, Sheik
Summers: SEFL - West Palm Beach; graamd; Falco, Marth, Sheik

I will be tracking down fellow smashers in WPB or else I will have a boring summer. :/

Swil

Smash Apprentice
All Year: SEFL - Fort Lauderdale;Swil;Young Link, Peach, Fox

Im currently going to the Art Institute in Fort Lauderdale for game design, Fun stuff. I want to play more peeps so I can get better!! I have a burning rage in me after getting pwned so bad at my first tourny lol. I would prefer to play local smashers, but if its worthwile I could travel a bit further.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
Hey ppl just stopping by...

um I'm a smasher from Big Mi

and I'm coming to florida soon for school

I'm going to Florida A&M and just wanna know

if its any good smashers around there

so if you can hit me back with a pm or something

i'll be down mid june

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
lol post 666

Who ever is interested. There is a Smash tourney in Brandon this Saturday the Second of June called Twilight Showdown 4.

Metrofan

Smash Cadet
Nice, if there's anyone near the Millenia Boulevard let me know,i'm in need of some training. Also i'm going to the X-treme play's tourny, but i really need some training before that.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
DBS, I have a friend there now, his name is winston lee. look him up on facebook and ask for some games, tell him Derek sent ya. Saw some of your vids too, like how you use your shines with fox, seems like you need to be more aggressive though. Check out some videos of Mew2King.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
okay thanks i will look it up

And umm I'm not in flordia yet

but I will be in two weeks

Man, its gonna feel good to smash with

some of you guys

I wanna see how yall region play

I'm use to Mi players like Dope and Mikey

I wanna see if yall on the same pace..

either way I'm probably gonna get owned lmao

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
I don't mean to be a perfectionist, but my Wii code info needs to be orange for SWFL. Right now it is red for SEFL. Thx :)

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Fscrew?

I already sent you a PM but just in case, I will be up at FSU starting in June. We should definitely get some matches. It would be mad fun. We should start our own crew, lol.
Haha i made a facebook group for FSU for the advanced smashers called Flawless Styles University (FSU) in a feeble attempt to start a crew. If youre on facebook I can add ya.

Top Bottom