• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Stop being lazy and host tournaments at Zp and SFL will exist again.
Literally any player in SFL can do this.
Yea were all basically being lazy. Someone can do it.

Yeah pretty much. It isn't even hard to host, ZP has ****ing computers with TIO on it.
And if anything I can just bring my laptop with tio on it for the host like I used to do.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Or just come to my tourneys. No more pot **** nll, in trade for 5 entry, fgc games and livestream every time? Sounds legit to me

/awal

:phone:

BetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
the FGCU kids have a consistent 30 people.

About 3 or 4 of them are actually good if you're a top player.

There is NO problem in SWFL.

Lol.

Infact, i envy the scene they have.
The thing about the FGCU gaming scene is that it's not just Smash. There's people in the corner playing UMVC3, the people next to that playing SSF3:AE, people on laptops playing Team Fortress 2 and MOBA games, and then people on the big projector playing Mario Kart Wii.

The variety is nice, but unless there's a Brawl tournament going on, it's just a small corner in the back of the room playing Smash. It's not like a weekly Smashfest or anything. Those 3 or 4 you mentioned are really the only people truly dedicated to Brawl. If I wanted to get into other fighting games, I'd be all over it. It's definitely a fun place.

Also forgot to mention that it's Melee I was referring to in the previous post. Besides guests like me, only one gaming club regular I know of plays it.

8Bitman

Smash Master
Stop being lazy and host tournaments at Zp and SFL will exist again.
Literally any player in SFL can do this.
That's not my entire point Afro. It's not just because we're lazy. It is because no one down here plays Brawl anymore. I mean shee, you're one of the people who quit. Xaltis, IDK if you even play Brawl anymore, Benny quit, Freesam left, MK is banned so Seibrik is done, IDK is Shaky exists anymore, and even prior to that, a bunch of other FL players quit/moved. Polt left, and C018 quit.

*Sigh* Majority of this happened within a few months.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
If you run tournaments YOU decide the ruleset you play on. MK doesn't HAVE to be banned, you scrub. MK being banned is viewed as ******** because Japan bodied us anyway.

8Bitman

Smash Master
... So that brings back Seibrik..... Everyone already decided that MK ruined the FL smash scene...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
just host a tourney, drive to a tourney, pick up a different competitive fighting game, or quit johning already sheesh

8Bitman

Smash Master
I aint johning, I just asked a question, why does SFL not host tourneys anymore? Apparently laziness means picking up LoL, and UMvC3... Just sayin'.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I aint johning, I just asked a question, why does SFL not host tourneys anymore? Apparently laziness means picking up LoL, and UMvC3... Just sayin'.
i dunno bro. you're sfl...why dont you host tourney anymore? :laugh:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Seibrik quit because he quit, not because of MK.
He liked Wario/DDD more.

I still play.
MVD plays.
Tara plays.
You and your brothers play.
Xaltis would play if we hosted stuff maybe.

8-man bracket without adding the people who came into the scene before it vanished... who would play...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
wario is much more fun than alot of other chars in this game

equal to diddy for me

8Bitman

Smash Master
Seibrik quit because he quit, not because of MK.
He liked Wario/DDD more.

I still play.
MVD plays.
Tara plays.
You and your brothers play.
Xaltis would play if we hosted stuff maybe.

8-man bracket without adding the people who came into the scene before it vanished... who would play...
I knew that much, but my brothers don't go to tourneys anymore, so they are out of the picture.

I know who will play, but with 8 people we won't end up doing a tourney, we will end up having a smashfest, which inevitably means there would be tourney to begin with.

I'm sorry that I am coming off as an *******, but I hate that I put effort into a game that just died in my region. Therefore, leaving no reason to put effort into it in the first place. >_>

AfroQT

Smash Master
Im not being a **** im just being straight forward.

You named like 6 people that "quit" and said that the scene is dead. I obviously dont have to go any further in on why that is really really stupid.

When you say "why does SFL not host tourneys" what you MEAN to say is "why doesnt esam/seibrik/nick not host tournaments" because they are the people who hosted tournaments. Why dont they host tournaments? Because they either A moved away B Dont care as much about the game anymore or C are tired of hosting tournaments.

If YOU want the scene to be revived then HOST TOURNAMENTS at Zp. Plenty of people will still show up, atleast 10+. And even if they dont who cares have a smashfest and practice. No one else is being lazy by quitting 1 game and picking up another. What IS lazy is sitting here posting on the boards waiting for someone to do something for you.

To anyone who wants SFL to be "revived". Host tournaments, the end. Its that simple.

I should post ZP's phone number just to make it THAT much easier.

It also doesn't help that brawl is really really bad.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
8Bitman

Stop being a lazy female about the situation

I thought NO1 in NFL played anymore... & instead of *****ing all day long I made efforts.

I'm a busy *** ***** and I at least made an effort to change what I aint like

Jville is hidden 4 right now
Pcola hangs with AL and GA
Panama is like 4-6 ppl
Gville is flip flop bcuz of Ryo

& I hosted free tourneys and recruited ppl

Now my actual tourneys only hav 10 ppl

but my scene in Tally consists of about 25 ppl

its better than nothing.

O I don't like jus having tourneys wit less than 16 ppl? I travel!

O dont have a car? I find sum1 who's traveling to Orlando the same weekend as a tourney!

O my scene is weak? I'm sorry we dont have Godlike ppl like SFL but we are practicing and leveling up!

Srsly... if you want a change make it happen or STFU!

:sonic:

Dont you DARE get started on a scene that ****ing died!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
YEAH! WHAT AWAL SAID YOU ****ING SCRUB *** ***** *****ES

That's why I started hosting...because R@vyn stopped.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
SN: I think we should all start heading to Orlando tourneys again... its in the middle and once that scene gets big like gigs

Well I myself never made it but I'll try my best to continue traveling.

@GDX

Aye who's going to Panama City Beach 4 Spring Break?

8Bitman

Smash Master
I like how Eric comes in after I am yelled at to make it worse... $20 MM me and call me a scrub, after you win. :glare:

GDX, white people are most def lazy, no arguing there.

I guess..... I mean you're right Afro, it's dead because we're lazy. Sorry. :(

You too B-Awal, I apologize.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Wait... Afro... why are u using wario when ur Snake was top 5 in usa imo???

:sonic:

:phone:

@8bit its not that everything I said was directed only towards u... I'm upset w/ every1 who is upset with the scene but does NOTHING 2 improve it. U honestly jus triggered a ****load of angry I had pent up.

8Bitman

Smash Master
I know, I just don't do it seeing as I don't even own a license and have no freedom to drive and go where I want to when I want to. I would hype up events and get as many people to go to events, if people would just host them. I can still host them, but I don't want to do so if there is a slim chance of me not being able to make one.

SORRY!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
YOU BETTER BE ****ING SORRY

You are just the only one complaining about it because you didn't exactly understand what was happening. Seibrik/MVD/Riddle know what is happening, but they have other life stuff so they don't necessarily go out of their way to host tournaments, especially considering they can have plans to meet up and play with each other anyway. Try to contact them to play you, if you want.

8Bitman

Smash Master
.... *****, you didn't just say that...

Two things, I was apologizing to Afro, and B-Awal, not you, and I have had Driver's Ed for the past 9 Saturdays (12:00 - 4:00 P:M), I would have no time to host a tourney anyway.

Plus you have no say Freesam, you left cuz you were ashamed you lost to me and moved to NC where you couldn't lose to a R.O.B main. :smirk:

You're argument is invalid.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm so jelly.

.... *****, you didn't just say that...

Two things, I was apologizing to Afro, and B-Awal, not you, and I have had Driver's Ed for the past 9 Saturdays (12:00 - 4:00 P:M), I would have no time to host a tourney anyway.

Plus you have no say Freesam, you left cuz you were ashamed you lost to me and moved to NC where you couldn't lose to a R.O.B main. :smirk:

You're argument is invalid.
Wow, total idiocy right there.

Take an advice once in awhile and stop being wise at the wrong time.

Top Bottom