• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lol at people still caring bout PRs consistent wise theres other people who do better than the name mentioned above. only seibrik co18 and afro are consistent at this point. the rest are madd random they all lose to each other with most of the top 10 loses to me but i lose to to other random peepz so that keeps me from being 4th on the list cuz i lose to randoms

OverLade

Smash Hero
lol at people still caring bout PRs consistent wise theres other people who do better than the name mentioned above. only seibrik co18 and afro are consistent at this point. the rest are madd random they all lose to each other with most of the top 10 loses to me but i lose to to other random peepz so that keeps me from being 4th on the list cuz i lose to randoms
*meant to quote raven*

Petey has been placing top 10 in I think the last 4 gigs or so. He got 5th at the gigs I got 7th, 4th at the last gigs, and I'm pretty sure he got 7th or so at March Gigs. Even long before that he's still been placing relatively well.

He's beaten Chops, and Rx, though I'm not sure who else he's beaten before.

To say the least he's been placing FAR better than GDX, and has only lost to players on the PR. I dont know much about Esam's placings, I just know he's mad good and should prolly be on the PR anyway.....

Life After Death

Smash Champion
ya should talk about not sandbaggin in friendlies and get ourself better so fl wont be laugh upon from other OOS players. its like melee fl all over again. it was the same thing in melee but fl over came that and now we are the top 3 beest state in the country

OverLade

Smash Hero
I personally think we should encourage all of the **** Melee players to play brawl....

I need a more definite comfort zone in my playstyle as well......

It's like I'm bipolar between extremely campy and extremely aggressive.....

Life After Death

Smash Champion
a lot of them dont like brawl though. its understandable the game is gay as ***. i think the **** brawl player hsould play melee the be good at it fast since they got smart already

OverLade

Smash Hero
a lot of them dont like brawl though. its understandable the game is gay as ***. i think the **** brawl player hsould play melee the be good at it fast since they got smart already
Very true and I dont blame them after I experienced the wonders of melee. =D

But just as far as FL as a region that's where a lot of our smarts pool is.... XD

Luckily FL is big enough for us to discover new extremely smart players through brawl.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, since people are getting into a receptive move, let's make Rainbow Cruise a legal counterpick! =D

Seriously, guys. People from other states are calling us idiots for having it banned. It makes me sad. =(

OverLade

Smash Hero
Well, since people are getting into a receptive move, let's make Rainbow Cruise a legal counterpick! =D

Seriously, guys. People from other states are calling us idiots for having it banned. It makes me sad. =(
How about we dont and ban Weegees, Pirate ship and Norfair instead?

Gindler

Smash Champion
RC is ridiculous, I spend alot of the match just trying not to get killed by disappearing nonsense. I think polt just likes it thanks to the walk off kill possibilities.

But, If you saw how HRnut and CO18 lost a set thanks to pirate ship you'd agree with it's banning :)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Im gonna here by announce that all fl tournies should at least ATTEMPT to copy the stage list provided by apex.

Although rainbow was on, im convinced its a better stage than norfair by far, with norfair and other randomish stages gone, the atmosphere itself was way less campy gay, and with ONLY one gay stage (RC) on, people can ban that if its THAT bad for them, or leave it on without the fear of getting camped for 8 minutes. (too easy on norfair)

im about promoting fl's metagame right now, and if other big tournies are for example, doing things to help get rid of EXSESSIVE camping, we should do the same, its only gonna be more fun/fair for everyone anyway.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Does that mean we should try to make Florida Gaming have Rainbow Cruise legal? (I tried to do that way back when the thread was young, but I was brushed aside. :()

EDIT: Oh, and Norfair, Luigi's Mansion, and Pirate Ship being banned? >.>

Noa.

Smash Master
Yes, copy the stage list from other big tournies. Every single tourney has rainbow cruise on their stage list while we don't.

Ban the other stages, I just rather have RC on.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I find it funny that my counter-pick list at the release of Brawl is almost(Pictochat was on my CP list) identical to the list that is used at large scale tournaments....

Just sayin'

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
im not saying fl gaming, making that legal, if people really dont want it fine, just limit the other stages too cuz they ARE far worse than RC.

Pirate ship for example, the bombs themselves arent random, but weather or not they pop up is, they're frequency and what not are. lets compare it to Halberd, theres 3 hazards. when each one happens is PRETTY obvious with plenty of time to prepare, and only happen once per thing at a time. theres only ONE bomb, the claw on hits ONCE, and the laser only shoots ONCE (each at a time respectively). Pirate ship has multiple bombs with about the same power as halberd, shooting without much warning and rapid fire, all while ur trying to catch or evade ur opponent.
oh and theres a wall

oh and the boat spikes

oh and the wind changes momentum, creates tiny cieling while ship is falling.

buttttt its more legal than RC? and on the same scale as halberd?

everything on RC is static and avoidable, the only thing ur truely paying attention to is ur opponent, how matches should be.

CO18

Smash Hero
WOW Me and Hrnut were just talking about that lol. Florida stages are stupid and really need to be changed.

We're the only region that has Luigis and Pirate Ship legal(Pretty sure PS2 too) and we have RC and jungle japes banned where almost every other region doesn't its pointless and dumb.

CO18

Smash Hero
This is what the stage list should be imo.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes(Debatable)
Norfair(Debatable)

Noa.

Smash Master
Even the most conservative stage lists have RC as a counterpick. There's nothing wrong with it. The stage's differences would take as long to get use to as it did to learn how to properly recover on Lylat(almost 0 time). RC stays completely the same every time you play on it. Same pattern and same route. No need to predict when it'll move or when something will disappear. Which is why it's a good counterpick stage.

And CO18's list is perfect. Norfair would probably be banned by Florida, but that should be the only difference.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no japes or norfair.

japes is already super falco based, like stupid super falco based....
its tommy japes, remember?

Norfiar's ONLY purpose is to promote camping, theres no other reason to pick that stage.

Rainbow cruise is debateable on the same aspect, but there are plenty more opportunities where confrontation is unavoidable on RC, at least way more so than norfair.

CO18

Smash Hero
no japes or norfair.

japes is already super falco based, like stupid super falco based....
its tommy japes, remember?

Norfiar's ONLY purpose is to promote camping, theres no other reason to pick that stage.

Rainbow cruise is debateable on the same aspect, but there are plenty more opportunities where confrontation is unavoidable on RC, at least way more so than norfair.
I dont mind JJ or Norfair being banned but there is absolutely no reason for RC to not be a CP.
There is no random aspect of the stage which is why its legal in every state except here.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i agree with you on this. which is why i feel an exact duplication of the apex stage list is in order, all we have to do is display it to the gigs runner slightly before tourny, and to vericx soon, and im sure he'll be willing to change it before Fl gaming.

are there any nay sayers? (WITH VALID ARGUEMENTS)

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
4 ppl who wanna know:
my last 4 tournies have only been the last 4 gigs and this is how i placed

13th (i think this one was december not january)
5th
5th
4th

i wont say who i beat cuz thats being a ****. i dont care where i am on this list i go to tourneys to **** and get money for it like a dirty **** brotha, and to do sexy 0 to deaths when i mind-**** pplz

Gindler

Smash Champion
Is norfair really that bad? I've never been CPed there, the lava is so blatantly obvious, sure sometimes it'll save someone from being non-star KOed but that's rare. And it helps the tether guys out from being gimped, they need a stage.

Pictochat>spear pillar on the banned stage list...IMO, some places it's not even banned not sure if florida's one of them though

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I wish Spear Pillar wasn't gay and was legal.

That's my favorite banned stage.
I second this. Unfortunately there is that stoopid bottom section making it even more campier than Norfair LOL

Is norfair really that bad? I've never been CPed there, the lava is so blatantly obvious, sure sometimes it'll save someone from being non-star KOed but that's rare. And it helps the tether guys out from being gimped, they need a stage.
I love Norfair, but when two players are trying to win, they are going to make sure they don't put themselves in a bad position. With the stage formation being what it is, it is relatively easy to do that.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if the level is good for tethers, which isn't what decides a level to be allowed or not, its even better for characters with better recoveries.

Argument neutralized.

And petey, the reason we ask who u beat/lossed to is cuz its MORE important than placings, placings mean **** if u had an easy/hard bracket behind it. we need to know details if you care at all about the PR. if not, then theres not much we can do.

Top Bottom