• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Five Step GUARANTEED Plan To Make THEM Like Melee!!

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Kind of made as a joke in the sense that I'm paradising those inspirational enlightenment books, semi-serious (In the fact that I like Brawl more than Melee, and would love you to realize it, too!). The first two missing images are graphs that basically say Melee is deep, brawl is gay and shallow.

The last one was a diploma, it got messed up.

Enjoy.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
In step 5, replace "sell Brawl for the 30 dollars it isn't even worth" to "break that sunuva***** with a sledgehammer."
;)

Also, this is going to be locked because of this sentence:

"The first two missing images are graphs that basically say Melee is deep, brawl is gay and shallow."

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Theres only one way to make brawlers prefer melee. Trap them in a room with only melee and brawl and no outside opinions of the either game. And when they pick up the melee they will like the melee, want the melee, NEED THE MELEE.

Uck

Smash Journeyman
I really dont care what people play but when my local tournament holder does an automatic switch to Brawl and leaves melee on the back burner it hurts. ><

Everyone I talk to wants to play Melee but noone says anything and continues playing Brawl.

I cant do anything about it people are simply tired of melee and want to move on even if Brawl sucks.They have a following so kudos to them even though the groundwork for there enjoyment was based on melees success in a way.

It would be nice if there was room for both games but there just doesnt seem to be interest in doing that.I still hold round robin tournaments at my house every Saturday waiting to see anything pops up for melee around where I live.

EDIT: I spoke to soon it looks like Melee has made a comeback at Gigabits in Florida where I use to go.Something like 45+ people registered for singles and I think 20+ for teams. :laugh:

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Once upon a time, I loved Melee. It was great, pretty much all I needed.

Now I've got to hate it even though it is a great game. Thread's an other reason I will never ever come back to this section I once loved and cherished. Thanks for ruining it. Have a nice day!

cyclone248i

Smash Journeyman
>.> Gamestop will give me 30 bucks for Brawl? *...checks this.*

Gamedude was only gonna buy it for 15 D: and it's NEW cept no plastic.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
"I have won a little over 1000 dollars playing competitive Melee."

When did this happen? Didn't you say that you weren't that good/had very little experience in the thread of the tourney you were going to host?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
this plan's flaw is that the thread will be locked shortly and buried at the bottom of the boards where nobody will ever see it again LOL.

JFox

Smash Hero
This is some pretty strong hatred for brawl, LOL. I mean, I dislike the game, but I didn't waste my time making a website. Thats deep.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Theres only one way to make brawlers prefer melee. Trap them in a room with only melee and brawl and no outside opinions of the either game. And when they pick up the melee they will like the melee, want the melee, NEED THE MELEE.
You know what's really sad?
This is actually pretty true.

A housemate of mine just brought Melee over. He also has Brawl, and a Wii, and luckily I opted to play Brawl on GC controller, despite having barely ever played Melee.

So I popped that tiny disc in and just played about 30 mins of Melee, and vs. the hours spent playing Brawl.... Melee is already better. It just has.... I don't know. I mean, the speed, the control, the hitstun, and I haven't even delved into Melee's ATs yet, but L-canceling alone kicks *** (I play 64 at a decently high level, Z-canceling is the same).... This game is just so much FUN right outta the "box".

Brawl is really quite mediocre comparatively... and it saddens me. Both the nature of the metagame and the excitement factor as a spectator as well are just so disappointing suddenly

xeno

Smash Ace
You know what's really sad?
This is actually pretty true.

A housemate of mine just brought Melee over. He also has Brawl, and a Wii, and luckily I opted to play Brawl on GC controller, despite having barely ever played Melee.

So I popped that tiny disc in and just played about 30 mins of Melee, and vs. the hours spent playing Brawl.... Melee is already better. It just has.... I don't know. I mean, the speed, the control, the hitstun, and I haven't even delved into Melee's ATs yet, but L-canceling alone kicks *** (I play 64 at a decently high level, Z-canceling is the same).... This game is just so much FUN right outta the "box".

Brawl is really quite mediocre comparatively... and it saddens me. Both the nature of the metagame and the excitement factor as a spectator as well are just so disappointing suddenly
We know. Welcome.
Spread the truth!

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
ist so funny, and honestly quite sad that the only defence brawl players have against us is calling us elitists. So basically they are throwing any rational discussion out the window admitting brawl sucks by comparison.

Just kidding, i kno its about the way we got sour over losing half the community AND spotlight to brawl, which is just the severily crippled, ugly, overcherished down syndrome suffering black sheep of the smash series.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
"I have won a little over 1000 dollars playing competitive Melee."

When did this happen? Didn't you say that you weren't that good/had very little experience in the thread of the tourney you were going to host?
Lol, it's not me, I said it's a joke. It's supposed to be one of those inspirational guide things. I probably should have put a better disclaimer on that besides "it's a joke."

*Goes to fix*

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
all in all, I somewhat dislike Brawl, but not to the point of where I would actually destroy it like Cinder did, it's ridiculous.

Top Bottom