• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament, Miami, FL: 1-24-09 (RESULTS ON 1ST POST)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I don't like the stages list. I like more diversity for my counterpicks. Don't ***** to me at the tournament when I choose a stage you don't like, I'll choose it regardlessly.
3vs3 is going to suck for the new people coming to this.

Master Raven

Smash Master
No one is *****ing, but some stages like Luigi's Mansion, Rainbow Cruise and Norfair are pretty controversial. Personally I feel it's better if those stages are banned.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the stages list. I like more diversity for my counterpicks. Don't ***** to me at the tournament when I choose a stage you don't like, I'll choose it regardlessly.
3vs3 is going to suck for the new people coming to this.
the option to play with 3v3 teams will pretty much end in the best players combining together to maximize their chances of winning... your right, new people are gonna get owned so badly...

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Teamwork is doubles. I wanted to go to a standard singles. And I don't really know any of you, so I can't tell who's good or not.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
besides, it is singles btw in 3v3, just gotta take turns and work as a team to take out specific players....
I know that it's singles like that. It isn't really working like a team. It's like a group project where three people have to work on their own part, but they cannot assist each other at all. 3vs3 should be for crew/clan/group battles between others, not 3 random people vs 3 random people. This should have been officially decided two weeks ago, not three days before the real deal.

/bawww

nevershootme

Smash Master
u either enjoy playing brawl with a ton of people or not. cuz this is the only chance of a tournament in south miami unless u want to drive an hour north to broward for a tournament or way up to orlando

no johns

if all else, i'll try to raise the fee higher than for 3v3 (like $23 for the pot $7 for the door....) but since we're all poor.... w/e. otherwise we'll put in best 2/3 sets which will take forever

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I know that it's singles like that. It isn't really working like a team. It's like a group project where three people have to work on their own part, but they cannot assist each other at all. 3vs3 should be for crew/clan/group battles between others, not 3 random people vs 3 random people. This should have been officially decided two weeks ago, not three days before the real deal.

/bawww
I agree with him.
I'm not going anymore if it's 3vs3 only and not singles. Can't you have both singles and 3v3?

As of now, this tournament is rigged for the veterans.

You can still host it, I won't attend and neither will others, and that will just make the pot smaller. 3v3 is more of a side event for crews, there is no reason why I should attend unless I am in a crew, and I'm sure all the newcomers agree.

I hate to complain. I have no disrespect for you nevershootme, I just don't agree with the 3v3, MK ban, and the limited stage list. Sorry.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm bringing a recorder, and a Wii.
@Spider Sense: You can come if you enter! Maybe ask Seibrik, unless he plans to go with me.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
I'm bringing a recorder, and a Wii.
@Spider Sense: You can come if you enter! Maybe ask Seibrik, unless he plans to go with me.
if your bringing a wii, then that would be 6 wiis that are coming to the tourney, so all tv's could be filled up. nice.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Pulling a Chops.

BRING TVS/WIIS!!

Oh, and if you're using a Wii Remote/Classic/Not GC config, remember to take the batteries out after each match you play so you do not disrupt that Wii!

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
Lovin the sbo style set up, glad someone decided to try it out for smash. It really encourages greater character diversity that you wouldn't normally see in a brawl tournament

Don't get OCV'D guys!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Genesis is going to be amazing.

I love how even the people who haven't been on the boards long spam in FL threads.

nevershootme

Smash Master
bring TV's and WII's. we have a huge *** room to fill up (I got an additional room in the back behind the glass sliding door) with only 8 tv's available, i want more so friendlies can be played on the side without waiting. plus i'll mm anyone in smash 64 on the wii.

live stream is gonna be happening if someone can lend a laptop to use the web cam

Coffee™

I need it....
IMPORTANT UPDATE.

IT'S SINGLES AND MK UNBANNED.

also, if there's extra time, we'll do low tier or doubles
Go Low Tier! If we do manage to do a low tier tourney though, will it be free or will the same $10 fee for singles apply?

Edit: I'm bringing my Wii for sure.

Top Bottom