• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIU Brawl Spring Tournament, Miami, FL: 1-24-09 (RESULTS ON 1ST POST)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if u give me directions to the place, i can accompany u sometime after this tourny to check it out, being one of the top players maybe i can sway him a lil better with him knowing that, and the more different people come in to ask him about it the more likely he will be in allowing something like a tourny to happen

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i would buy HD remix for the 360, but SFIV really isnt that far away..and once i get it im never gonna play HD remix again

that and my character isnt in HD remix (wololol C. Viper)

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
i would buy HD remix for the 360, but SFIV really isnt that far away..and once i get it im never gonna play HD remix again

that and my character isnt in HD remix (wololol C. Viper)
jus get it to play for da **** of it
da game still fun as hell and sum good competition on there

DFEAR

Smash Hero
VIDEOGAME STADIUM
8954 STATE ROAD 84
DAVIE, FLORIDA 33324
954-382-5252

and hell sure thing seibrik, im still new to the whole scene hopefully they will open their arms to ur awesome dedede (ugh i was hoping u wouldnt chaingrab that one match we had at zero ping i totally mindgamed myself in that one haha xD) anyway me going to work now ill check this thread lata

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If you play 2d fighters, you play alot of them.
You dont just play one...
well, i play other 2d fighters, despite how good/bad I am at them, but i was just going to hold out from HD Remix since IV is so close to coming out. its like me buying soul calibur 3 for ps2 like a week before soul calibur 4 came out for ps3/360

and i think 1200 MS is like 15 dollars. i know it takes more than 1 dollar to get 1 microsoft point

AfroQT

Smash Master
Not really, SC4 is the direct sequel to SC3, with pretty much the same gameplay.
While HdRemix and Sf4 are 2 completely different games.
They seem like they are played the same (cuz they are 2d), but the strategies from 1 to the other are 2 different that playing one wont help you be good in the other (generally).

Just get HD remix, if you ever go to a 2d fighter tourney, they are gonna have SF4 AND Hd remix (when sf4 does come out).

15 dollars for a game you'll play competitively for the next decade (Super Turbo is still played at tournaments)

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Not really, SC4 is the direct sequel to SC3, with pretty much the same gameplay.
They seem like they are played the same (cuz they are 2d), but the strategies from 1 to the other are 2 different that playing one wont help you be good in the other (generally).

Just get HD remix, if you ever go to a 2d fighter tourney, they are gonna have SF4 AND Hd remix (when sf4 does come out).

15 dollars for a game you'll play competitively for the next decade (Super Turbo is still played at tournaments)
Truth.
straight up

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

oh, i thought they were more similar than that, in which strategies in one can somewhat help in the other.

in that case, ill consider getting HD remix

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Guys I have a Gamebridge and a laptop to bring, but I do not have AV splitters, so I dont think I can record any matches, unless SOMEone happens to have some. sorry :(

edit

Wait a minute, I could bring my hacked Wii for saved replays. I guess this means I should come early. I plan on coming around 11 AM to register, then leave to go out for lunch. If I come back at around 12:30, am I able to set up the Wii? or will it be too late? I could just drop it off and set it up when I come at 11, but I dont wanna risk it being stolen.

nevershootme

Smash Master
well i call dibs on my roommate's tv that has outputs in the mean time plus that's placed in the middle of the room where im running the bracket

Recorders:

me
master raven
verycoolguy

anyone else?

also, a crew battle between FIU vs well some people will be happening, so watch it!

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
keep in mind im recording replays, not live matches where you have the ingame names of players

and is it too late to set up a wii at around 12:30?

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
OKay ill bring it at 11am, ill label it with my name. but im going to leave for lunch after and come back. are we all able to play friendlies before the start of the tournament?

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
well i call dibs on my roommate's tv that has outputs in the mean time plus that's placed in the middle of the room where im running the bracket

Recorders:

me
master raven
verycoolguy

anyone else?

also, a crew battle between FIU vs well some people will be happening, so watch it!
I'll can bring my digi cam with tripod.

Coffee™

I need it....

Recorders:

me
master raven
verycoolguy

anyone else?
I'm bringing my Wii with infinite replay as well, so i'll be uploading any replays saved on it.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
so doors open at 930? ill be coming around 10 for friendlies :3. this reminds me of the good times when 8bit played olimar more than he did snake and the whole snake bandwagon scene xD

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Alright then

Count Doom in

If you guys are in desperate need of a wii, I can drop mine off, but mine is modded with Homebrew so idk if you guys are allowed to use it :/

I have GNT4, EX3 and TVC if anyone is interested

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I'm going to do a ton of money matches tomorrow. Hopefully a lot of people thing ZSS sucks. Yay tournament!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm going to do a ton of money matches tomorrow. Hopefully a lot of people thing ZSS sucks. Yay tournament!
man ur funny xD ill MM u for sh*ts and gigs o-o but i know ur zss is top notch. fight some ike/link scrubs for a free 20$+xD its what everyone should be doing at local school/gamestop tourneys haha :p yay free monies

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
man ur funny xD ill MM u for sh*ts and gigs o-o but i know ur zss is top notch. fight some ike/link scrubs for a free 20$+xD its what everyone should be doing at local school/gamestop tourneys haha :p yay free monies
Everybody totally should! Let's make people quit the game!

Seriously, who, and how much? :laugh:

MMs are serious business.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Everybody totally should! Let's make people quit the game!

Seriously, who, and how much? :laugh:

MMs are serious business.
oh its easy to make people quit games just pick the "metaknight" of that game =P.

im down for anything really :\ but nothing over 5 bucks i need to eat tomorrow at the subway there xD. so we can do like several dollar matches :p. ill try inviting a scrub just for u :3

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
oh its easy to make people quit games just pick the "metaknight" of that game =P.

im down for anything really :\ but nothing over 5 bucks i need to eat tomorrow at the subway there xD. so we can do like several dollar matches :p. ill try inviting a scrub just for u :3
Yay scrubs! *scrubs floor and takes money*

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Yay scrubs! *scrubs floor and takes money*
=3 hmm the scrubs i calld have work on saturdays T_T they were out today tho ugh. how do u feel about facing an actual "decent" ike. *holding laughter cause seriously ike xD*

edit: lol noticed in ur combo video alot of ur opponents were ikes O-o u shouldnt have a problem xD

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
=3 hmm the scrubs i calld have work on saturdays T_T they were out today tho ugh. how do u feel about facing an actual "decent" ike. *holding laughter cause seriously ike xD*

edit: lol noticed in ur combo video alot of ur opponents were ikes O-o u shouldnt have a problem xD
I'm actually bringing that Ike to the tournament, so that should be fun...Bed time now!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I'm actually bringing that Ike to the tournament, so that should be fun...Bed time now!
guess ill go to sleep as well >_> gotta wake up at like 830 to get picked up with like 5-6 people in one **** car ARGH. good night florida :3 and gnite nick ;)

nevershootme

Smash Master
if you guys don't know where the building is, look for Graham Center.

there is a loading dock u have to enter if u are dropping tv's off.

remember, look for porter davis game room

cell phone for any troubles: 786-280-1680

sorry for such short notice

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Let it be known that I am done with the Brawl tournament scene. I won't be going to tournaments anymore and I probably won't host tournaments for it either.

Top Bottom