• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fish Flop Presents: Outrage III? | Date TBA - April 1st, 2014 - Ann Arbor, MI

clowsui

Smash Legend
wcn are you actually stupid?

the match between OH and MI A teams is...not in MI's favor though it's close

Fizzle/Tako (or MX, or Carls) /Shugo/Blue Rogue/Eddie G vs SK/LOE1/Zinoto/Tutu/Stewy or Ori

the match between OH and MI B teams is probably closer. but who would you even put on MI B team?

Lumi/Sorasin/Carls (or Tako, or MX)/Links (or Soulpech) /clowsui (or Tako, or MX) vs Stewy or Ori/Zyth (:denzel:)/me9595/Ksev/Oblivion(?)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
You guys are doing two waves of pools right? I bet you could fit most of the crew members into the 2nd wave of pools if we did it during wave 1 of pools, or vice versa.

Also I'm pretty sure we'll curbstomp MI in 5v5 crews, it would be closer in 3v3 crews but still in our favor (as long as ally doesn't count).

What's The Point

Smash Master
Don't just name people you'd like to see in crews. Everyone in the crew has to actually care or it falls apart. First the unwilling participants don't try and make time to do the crews or even purposely hold it ofg, then even if it happens they weaken hype cause "oh well X didn't really try". So for instance no crew would include Zinoto or Shugo. Which is also good because they are way better than everyone so it'd become a game of which one tries more.

Think of it more like actual crews than state vs state. I'm sure FF (Ori, stewy, LOE1, some other guys) would want to take on Eddie and his boys, then maybe SP and Columbus will want to show everyone whats up, then Tako and Lumi will come back from drinking and want in on the action with the rest of Cinci. Don't think about dumb fantasy crews that won't happen or worry about balance and all that bull****. Just get the people who care and challenge other people.

zyth

Smash Lord

Fizzle/Tako (or MX, or Carls) /Shugo/Blue Rogue/Eddie G vs SK/LOE1/Zinoto/Tutu/Stewy or Ori

the match between OH and MI B teams is probably closer. but who would you even put on MI B team?

Lumi/Sorasin/Carls (or Tako, or MX)/Links (or Soulpech) /clowsui (or Tako, or MX) vs Stewy or Ori/Zyth (:denzel:)/me9595/Ksev/Oblivion(?)
well ****. guess I should be happy im in there at least lol

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Don't just name people you'd like to see in crews. Everyone in the crew has to actually care or it falls apart. First the unwilling participants don't try and make time to do the crews or even purposely hold it ofg, then even if it happens they weaken hype cause "oh well X didn't really try". So for instance no crew would include Zinoto or Shugo. Which is also good because they are way better than everyone so it'd become a game of which one tries more.

Think of it more like actual crews than state vs state. I'm sure FF (Ori, stewy, LOE1, some other guys) would want to take on Eddie and his boys, then maybe SP and Columbus will want to show everyone whats up, then Tako and Lumi will come back from drinking and want in on the action with the rest of Cinci. Don't think about dumb fantasy crews that won't happen or worry about balance and all that bull****. Just get the people who care and challenge other people.
I would actually love nothing more than 3v3 crews at some point, but even then the top player is always going to be less hype about crews. It's just how our scenes have ended up, like you said shugo and Zinoto have just become leagues ahead of everyone else and they don't want to participate in crews where the majority of other players can't carry as much as them.

Also, I haven't been following MI smash closely but it seems that MI is much more monolithic than OH, it begs the question how would 3v3 crews be divided up for MI.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I would actually love nothing more than 3v3 crews at some point, but even then the top player is always going to be less hype about crews.
When you remove Shugo and Zinoto that's not really an issue for us. Top 4 of this tournament is Zinoto, Shugo, Kain, MJG, and then 5th to 13th is almost interchangeable based on the bracket. And those people are mostly who'd be doing these crew battles.

Also, I haven't been following MI smash closely but it seems that MI is much more monolithic than OH, it begs the question how would 3v3 crews be divided up for MI.
Whoever feels like being in a crew (battle). There's already Ori, stewy, and LOE1 challenging everyone so there you go. These three think they can beat you, Lumi, and third person. You gonna take that? Or how about you SP, Carls, and [Columbus person]? I know Ori and stewy think they wouldn't even need LOE1 for that. NE OH, the **** is that? That place Shugo, and no one else anyone remembers, lives? Maybe those forgotten people need to show these youngins what's up. And IL man, no one's even mentioned you guys cause you're just the way that MJG gets places. No one gives a **** about you.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I actually live in MI when I'm there, tournaments just happen to be around me. That being said... yeah sucks I'll only be back in MI in late june ;( Zinoto win this or any MI I don't even know who's goin

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Whoever feels like being in a crew (battle). There's already Ori, stewy, and LOE1 challenging everyone so there you go. These three think they can beat you, Lumi, and third person. You gonna take that?
Loe StOri thinks they can beat Traitorous Three?

Lumi and Sorasin are actually better than I am, just no one knows it.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I would love to see crews happen, but without me and Shugo. I think there would be significantly more hype when all the players are around the same skill level.

EDIT: Mario is Godlike in P:M. Idk what you guys are smoking.

That sounds really easy for us, like... wut?

tako/mx/carls/and BR are all people I have winning records or brain-dead MUs against... and I'm the 4th member of the team.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see crews happen, but without me and Shugo. I think there would be significantly more hype when all the players are around the same skill level.

EDIT: Mario is Godlike in P:M. Idk what you guys are smoking.
Meh, he's good, but he still has no range, just like Doc in melee. Have to get so close to people to be able to hit them.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
His grab-game is absurd, his recovery is good and man, there's just a lot of good **** for this character.

I'll be there to take PM singles. And by that I mean get 7th like I always do. If not, I look forward to correcting my 1-2 vs you Zinoto. :)

See everyone there.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
That's also why I said grab game.

Sonic is more obnoxious than absurd. Both are around the same quality of character though, imo.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Nope he used Mario starting that day. Ironically the day after I said "if you want to beat me use Mario.."

LOL. I don't lose to Ivysaur.

Yeah, after 0-21 in friendlies at my house the day before with every character I played, I figured I should throw my non-main out there.
There's a reason why I main him now.

you lost to his mario? That's even worse X_X
But Colten, you lost to my even worse Ivy. :denzel:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
People seem so dead set on the top 4. We'll see what happens...I'm especially hungry to take out Julian or Ty, one barely escaped my grasp once and the other I have yet to beat in tournament (friendlies don't count) after all of these years. Been training especially hard to show everyone KB is neither washed up or a mother****ing pushover.

I'm motivated. Very motivated...I don't care who you are, watch your ass in bracket. I don't even care about the money - I'm playing for pride and the kind of tournament win I should have been in contention for a long, long time ago.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Stewy REMEMBER my blanket, and the other thing I would like to use it this saturday ;)

W.C.N

Smash Lord
necause its still game and watch... just like people feell when losing to puff in brawl

Top Bottom