• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fish Flop Presents: Outrage III? | Date TBA - April 1st, 2014 - Ann Arbor, MI

JTsm

Smash Master
Yeah root east mi is way less chill about things than west mi. They'll come up with any excuse to explain why they are losing/have lost. It's better to not give them an obvious john. It forces them to be more creative.

:denzel:
Um, I don't know if it was Root's retexture or someone else, but I saw an aesthetic where you could barely see the percentage and it was really annoying to look at. The percentage numbers should be clear enough to see. I don't think I should have to explain why.

As long as your textures look reasonable enough for competitive play, I don't care. lol.

I'm the guy that holds up tournaments to not play on texturized set-ups, and if I'm forced to play on one I pop out the sd card. Often times stages are too bright or dark, characters with weapons(like marth or MK) get their hit boxes obscured. As for music like... i don't like it, but ill just enact the roller clause and turn the sound effects to max.

Like sure in friendlies it's w/e, but in tournaments It's really annoying to play a match vs scyther and wonder why he's SHDLing.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
^^^ Yeah. I'm a big advocate of using only mods that affect textures and not vertexes. Simple recolors and the like. I want my mods to look professional and still be tournament-legal. Amateur-looking mods really detract from the game imo, and of course anything that modifies the bones (i.e. anything not wifi-safe) is automatically a no-go.

Of course I'm playing P:M so you can't pop out my SD card ;)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ohio's bringing out all the guns for this, you guys better be ready.

Huge advocate of a 5v5 OH vs MI crew battle here...just saying. Dibs on captain if you guys are down to make it happen.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Tako Tom1 Tom2 Brian and I aren't sticking around that long lol

and there's at least 2 people in our car you'd want

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I like that OH wants to do crews when Ally, L_Cancel, and Roller will not be attending

:denzel:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
1. Ally isn't MI, he's just...Ally (like M2K is just M2K...a moving entity of pot earning), I don't care what anyone says.
2. You still have Zinoto, should be enough since OH is free.
3. You scurred?

;)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
4. Isn't it less difficult to convince a zombie to eat vegetables than to plan around L cancel not entering anything?
5. I feel like roller isn't around for very long ever, like the next bird flu epidemic.

JTsm

Smash Master
If we have time and people feel up to it, sure.

Most cases though, us MI TO's struggle to get anything on time.

zyth

Smash Lord
So im definetly comin now, unless the most BS of all time happens between now and sat

I will need a dubz partner if anyone wants

JTsm

Smash Master
Me and Stewy are taking PM dubs.

You guys are going to get ****ing decimated.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Crews can't happen if time is an issue, you understand loe1 will have 99 minutes to play with and if he eliminates someone it's going to take forever for the next round.

Also axis was MI

LOE1

Smash Lord
yo, me and mitch are taking project m dubz :yeahboi:

but cmon, MI tournies never end on time, why stop the trend. lets do some crewsss :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Wow way to revive that rivalry guys...lol. Hopefully crews does happen, and chin up Julian...it won't hurt to simply play it out. I understand the tournament does come as a priority but fingers crossed. We, as a region, desperately need a dose of hype injected back into our scene - bringing back things like crews, rivalries, and **** talk is the first step towards regaining some of that passion for the game that we've all lost. Things start to feel a bit robotic if every tournament simply follows the singles/doubles/side game layout...pot earners earn their pot, scrubs do their thing (no offense guys), and the in-betweeners encounter yet another heartbreaking close loss or miraculous upset.

You've seen one post-2010 BnB tournament you've seen 'em all...spice things up a little. Just something to think about.

Xatic

Smash Lord

What's The Point

Smash Master
Just make crews and do it at some point (This is directed to not-TOs). They don't take that long and only require one TV. Before Doubles, during late Doubles, before Singles, during late/post pools, or during late bracket. Any time you think "I could do friendlies" is a time where you can do crews. Just replace some friendlies time with a crew battle. You can't be to into it if you are looking for a TO to organize it for you. If you care and think it's hype just ****ing do it.

Some group name 5 people and challenge everyone. Then actually do it at the tournament.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
problem is during all those times the people who should be in the crews will be having to play, MI will need zinoto he will make it to the end of every bracket.... I mean OHs top players may be taken out early but thats still only 1 side of the match and it would be dumb, but maybe fair, to have the MI scrubs face the OH elite

Top Bottom