• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First SWF tournament ever?

Iliad

Smash Lord
What was your first tournament associated with SWF. I'm not talking about some scrub microplay or EB **** like Shoun the great one, or early Pownz tourneys for the hamilton boys.

Melee or Brawl, either or.

First tourney for me was Get on my level 1 in Missisauga, where bug hosted it out of a apartment building lol.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
LOL ****ing Bug, that kid used to talk to me and tell me how pro he was at strikers.

Me? AN'06 was my first tournament with SWFers. I lost to some marth player (Dan-Da-Man I think it is) and he lost to Lanowen following round. Vegitto2k and Ambrose 1st and 2nd'd that tournament. I was top 8 under the deductions of that one.

As for my 1st tournament scoped out from Smashboards? Metaknight0/Anthony hosted these tournaments at Head2Head games. I remember Jv3x3 or w/e was there too, I placed dead last not making it out of my pool. (some michigan guy, Volasko, and Zen) I remember after that tournament I started REALLY taking SSB 64 super seriously. I'll save the rest for the day I decide to pull a Chillin and put the story up.

T'was pretty crazy.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
pownz fading was pretty depressing/sad. I remember I used to keep up with Drekken back when he was doing Halo 2 and SSBM ****.

sauc3

Smash Lord
melee - prepare to fail, 08 winter i think?
brawl - some pownz weekly in summer 08, iirc i beat u and took second :), got me a tshirt lol.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
December '05 heh, I signed up on SWF after simply looking up "melee forum" or something... it didn't take very long at all for me to become interested when seeing videos. And realizing I suck.

The first local tournament, turned out to be a 5 minute walk from my place =D

i got *****

Gichan

Smash Champion
Brawl: Combo Breaker in May 08 I think.

Man it was quite a bit of fun. Now that I look back I can put myself in a scrub's shoes and see why it is so delicate in the manner of how we treat newcomers for their return or not. I luckily socialized with Bug and adnan (CO T.O), and many others who did not return. Also didn't get ***** tooo hard and got 17th after losing to Bug...go figure lol. I also made friends with Danny that day now that I remembered, he was the one telling me of the next biweekly at switchblade's house. you see, if he didn't tell me that how would I have continued in the smash scene. If it wasnt fr that I would have maaybee gone to GOML and would have missed MDK's casuals for a while where a lot of the hype was. This was also the ONLY tourney where KingAce didn't do well, he came 13th I think and it was his first. 13th! After this he immediately came 3rd at the biweekly and 4th at the big niagara tourney WITH TWO BROKEN FINGERS!

Oh man there was also a lot of hype going on in the beginning, Bug was actually very good and he kept advertising his Wifi Troopers clan. It was't as dominant as it was now where it is expected for one player to **** and bam too bad. JL, Percon (awesome Grand Final matches wih JL), Minus, Ambrose, and obviously KingAce could all compete so it was very interesting to watch. Sooo many rivilaries which are not present now. Iliad keeps the hype by stating he does not, and will not, lose to whoever beat him last. Such as the case with Raidos and Tin Man. No one else really cares and that's something valuable we lost.

Gichan

Smash Champion
You know what pissed me off about that? I was ****ing blamed for it. I went to go take a piss not a **** yet my urine must be enought to take down new orleans again.

PND

Smash Champion
Ottawa biweeklies -- actually, the first biweekly Ottawa ever held. My crew and I show up for the first time ever and money gets stolen from the pot -- naturally we get blamed (I'm sure my dreadlocks and tattoos don't help inspire credibility) and we almost got kicked out of the scene. Later on we found out that the money had just been knocked behind a desk or something strange like that. Funny to reflect back, especially considering how tight my crew is with our scene now.

My first major brawl tourney was Twilight of Smash, I remember jocking on everyone with Jiggs. Didn't make it out of pools, but afterward discovered that I should have been second seed out of pools, someone wrote down one of my more important sets as a loss instead of a win.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
CAST4 Melee tourney in Red Deer, Alberta. Got ***** by SilentWolf, didn't make it out of pools. Good times. Next was a Pownz Brawl tourney in May 09 which I did pretty well at.

SKidd

Smash Master
i went 2 my 1st in july this year

it was melee

and i got ***** lol

my first brawl one was in Sept., I got sorta *****.
I often go to brawl ones now

Gichan

Smash Champion
CAST4 Melee tourney in Red Deer, Alberta. Got ***** by SilentWolf, didn't make it out of pools. Good times. Next was a Pownz Brawl tourney in May 09 which I did pretty well at.
oh hey man, i remember you now. Remember from one of the sauga tournies when we were heading back to toronto we played advance wars alll daii. You were stylin on nate. ******* tried to ninja my HQ lol.

Metà

Smash Master
December '05 heh, I signed up on SWF after simply looking up "melee forum" or something... it didn't take very long at all for me to become interested when seeing videos. And realizing I suck.

The first local tournament, turned out to be a 5 minute walk from my place =D

i got *****
lol that was my first tournament too : D

i remember meeting you there and at the time I had no idea how to do anything technical. Like, I saw you jumping out of shine and i'm like "YOU CAN DO THAT?!?!"

lmao. good times

Sanu

Smash Champion
my first was a smashfest/mini-tourney in 2005 hosted by wesley

kingsley won, raph came in second, and sprocket got third. GREG CAME IN 4th LMAO

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
my first was a smashfest/mini-tourney in 2005 hosted by wesley

kingsley won, raph came in second, and sprocket got third. GREG CAME IN 4th LMAO
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG THIS MADE MY DAY

I named my Wii after him. Oh man.. too ****ing good.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I tried to name my family's new cat Jeff because literally the very first thing I ever said to him was "don't go down there". But my brother wanted to name him Max...lame.

zeriph

Smash Journeyman
oh hey man, i remember you now. Remember from one of the sauga tournies when we were heading back to toronto we played advance wars alll daii. You were stylin on nate. ******* tried to ninja my HQ lol.
Ya man, haha. That was a chill bus ride. That was Dimmy's tourney I think? I had to play you and Nickcam and it made me hate Wario so much hahaha

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
It was Smash Till You Drop 2, I think it was in 2007, don't remember. I know it's my first tournament, I still have the T-Shirt of the tourney as a souvenir =)

Top Bottom