• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Footage of Roy and Ryu Found In Leak!

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
To those of you questioning Ryu in smash due to his lack of association with the big N, I'd like to remind you of one thing:

:snake:.

Hardly any association, aside from his older games from the 90's. And before you say "he was in a remake on 3DS!", let's not forget Ryu was in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on Wii. Just about as relevant.

And as for Roy... Sakurai just threw him in for free. Probably won't even change him at all, aside from the visual facelift.

Honestly I have no attachment to either character, but I'm not bothered that they're in. I'm just glad to have more fighters at all.:)
Snake was in Brawl because of Sakurai's son and really disliked he got in Smash Bros so... I hope he won't come back.

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Well now that Ryu is in I'm expecting more requests for another Sega and Namco Rep for DLC.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
OMFG RLLY CLONE CLONE CLONE 3CLONES MANE ITS ALL OVER DADDY ITS OVER DADDDY DADDY ITS ALL OVER OMFG I CANT CONTAIN MY PANTS I JUST *** IN MY PANTS WITHOUT TOUCHING MY SELF

Corey

Smash Rookie
At least, it's fine for Melee fans but I still don't see the point of adding Roy to this roster... We already had 4 FE characters and he won't add any original things to the gameplay.

And Ryu, I'm not hype at all for a character who has so little link to Nintendo and comes from another fighting game. Basically nothing great to expect for his gameplay.

Now, I'm just hoping there won't be only Wolf after that 'cause I want to see an ORIGINAL character :/
There's nothing wrong with adding a character that has such a little link to nintendo. If anything, it makes me even more excited to have someone like ryu in smash now. My opinion, anyways.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Well now that Ryu is in I'm expecting more requests for another Sega and Namco Rep for DLC.
Either Klonoa or Lloyd for Namco, and probably another Sonic character (Tails?) for Sega. That's how I'd do it, anyway. Can't really think of anyone else for Sega, except really obscure characters like Ristar or Billy Hatcher... Would love Ristar, actually, though that's absolutely impossible...

Gero Zeal

Smash Cadet
It really is a shame that these two had to be leaked. There definitely would have been more excitement had they been kept a secret before their official reveals, but it's still pretty hype to see the vagabond hero fighter and the son of Eliwood join the 4th world!:b:
But I see some complications with Ryu however... I wonder if others will catch that too?:ohwell:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Either Klonoa or Lloyd for Namco, and probably another Sonic character (Tails?) for Sega. That's how I'd do it, anyway. Can't really think of anyone else for Sega, except really obscure characters like Ristar or Billy Hatcher... Would love Ristar, actually, though that's absolutely impossible...
Hot damn, now I really wanna see ristar!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Ryu looks cool. He also is the only DLC character which isn't disappointing so far. I mean, Roy? Are you even trying, Sakurai? Why not Wolf instead? Or you know, a new NINTENDO playable character? I will get **** for this but Fire Emblem Awakening being a success was the worst thing to happen to Smash.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh man, Roy <3 Happy for everyone who wants Ryu, I'm not one who cares, but Rooooooy <3

Plz be top tier

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Welp, somebody is going to be in trouble. I'm sure people at Nintendo, Sakurai, and people over @ Capcom have to be pissed at someone for leaking this out so early and before E3 too.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I can see a well fleshed out move set for him too, especially with him turning into a shooting star
Agreed! I actually created a moveset for him once a long time ago, but I don't remember it much... I know his upB was definitely the shooting star, though!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
On the other hand we knew already and Ryu is awesome and Roy's awesome..

on the other...
I am so ****ing sick of leaks
god damn nerds desperate for notoriety leaking everything about E3
just keep it to yourselves and stop spoiling ****
That's like telling water to stop being wet.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
UUUUGGGHHHHHH......I am so done with this freaking game. Ryu I am fine with. (Classic character from gaming history) Roy on the other hand, I am tired of the same **** type of characters from the FE Series. I'm just waiting to see if they are ever going to add some legitimately unique characters.

NoviceSmasher

Smash Journeyman
NNID
akeane1697
3DS FC
3668-8892-8828
snake should come back,he was one of the coolest characters in brawl.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Well, enough, that was enough to make Sm4sh no longer my favorite Smash.... if Ryu really turns out to be in the game, I will go back to playing some real Smash that is the way Smash was really envisioned to be.... the "Nintendo fighter", not the "Hey, there is this popular character from that fighting franchise that has nothing to do with us and comes from a company that don't give a crap about us and are skipping the Wii U with yet another game now, our beloved RE0 btw.... let's put him in!!!!"....

Last edited:
Top Bottom